ADVERTISEMENT

Elliott gone. What will Dabo do? Source included

My tater co worker friends say all is well in them thar hills, and blabs has had a succession plan in place for quite a while to replace the assistants they all knew would leave. They say that since Saban recovers from assistants leaving, it will be no problem for upc to likewise recover and be in title contention next season.

I think that Skeletor leaving, coupled with the recent defensive decommits sting a bit more than they’re willing to admit. They had a couple or three games this season where the defense bailed them out. Is Goodwin the signal stealing analyst they’re promoting to dc good enough to bail them out if their offense struggles next season?
Venables leaving would be a huge loss for any program.......but the biggest loss might be Thad Turnipseed who Venables took with him to OU

Indeed losing a dc like him is a blow to any program. Football isn’t like golf; the highest score always wins. If you have trouble with scoring, it pays to have a great defense. As good as their offense has been during their run, venables was equally as good for their defense. To think they can plug and play with assistants and analysts and be as good on that side of the ball is shortsighted, in my opinion.

Regarding Dabo's ability to recruit staff, Clemson pays assistants well and Elliott, Morris, Scott, and Venables left Clemson for head coaching positions. That sounds like an attractive opportunity for someone wanting to become a head coach.

I have never seen so many people take up for Clemson than some of you. Pitiful. They losing all kind of people behind the scenes. They getting the hell out of dodge. Their AD was settled. Had the most easy job there. I don't give a crap if he went to Miami. You don't leave when everything is well. You leave when the shit is about to hit the fan. Its happening. Waited along time for this.

I have never seen so many people take up for Clemson than some of you. Pitiful. They losing all kind of people behind the scenes. They getting the hell out of dodge. Their AD was settled. Had the most easy job there. I don't give a crap if he went to Miami. You don't leave when everything is well. You leave when the shit is about to hit the fan. Its happening. Waited along time for this.
Well, if you think Clemson is such a hole, then doesn't it make sense that they have left for better schools? Fact is that all the coaches that have left got promotions. And they didn't take head coach at some "directional school." The two coordinators landed head coaching jobs at Power 5 schools. The AD is going back to his alma mater and where his wife is from. And Clemson might have a 10 year win this year. Not exactly a dumpster fire. We need to worry about ourselves. Need some good portal news soon.

Reactions: rickbryan
Because Daniel Snyder can't seem to grasp the fact that his job is just to write the checks that his coach/GM tell him to write, and NOT try to be the coach and make position decisions.
Like Jerry in Dallas. Robert Kraft knows what to do - stay out of the way.

It’s Clemson so I obviously can’t root for them. However, I like the approach of promoting from within, if that’s what they actually do (it’s what I’m told by Clemson friends, but just rumor). It’s an old school approach. Grow your own assistants.

The next AD won't be giving Dabo's assistant coaches the big bucks and make Dabo look good...

Note to Ray Tanner... You own Clemson as a baseball coach... Maybe you should apply for the job as AD and Clean up Clemson for us... :)

Reactions: USC2USC
Raiders are in Vegas now. But your point remains - the locale is not exactly a natural fit for Mr. Bible Thumper.
What do you mean? One week after Saint Dabo arriving and all those Las Vegas gambling dens of sin would close and be converted libraries, homeless shelters, schools, and churches.

Raiders are in Vegas now. But your point remains - the locale is not exactly a natural fit for Mr. Bible Thumper.

Probably a perfect fit. History has taught us that most of the people like Dabo who use religion for personal gain aren't as Bible thumping as they claim to be.

Dabo is a weird bird. I remember a few years ago, they had a segment about the "smells" of college football. Some talked about the food. Others the grass. Dabo said he loved the smell of a stinky locker room. I was like wtf. Just weird.

Dabo is a weird bird. I remember a few years ago, they had a segment about the "smells" of college football. Some talked about the food. Others the grass. Dabo said he loved the smell of a stinky locker room. I was like wtf. Just weird.
I definitely don’t love that smell, but it’s for sure a different smell. There is nothing like the smell
Of a football locker room. But I wouldn’t call it love. Maybe nostalgic

Reactions: kidrobinski
In regards to folks claiming to be huge Christians, I’ve found in my 64 years that folks that SHOW ME Christianity are much more believable than those that TALK ABOUT being a Christian. Walk the walk instead of talking the talk.....Dabo seems to fit that description.

I definitely don’t love that smell, but it’s for sure a different smell. There is nothing like the smell
They way they laundered our stuff had a distinct smell that permeated our practice locker room; it was like they didn’t use detergent, just sweat to “wash” in. Yeah, “nostalgic” is the better term lol. There’s also the smell of grass late July/early August that flashes me back as well.

You guys repeat this ad nauseum on here - on what grounds do you base this off of? I just don’t understand why some think this. He clearly has a great football mind, knows what he wants to do, and finds people to carry out his vision. As a position coach he churned out talent and put himself in a good enough spot that he was considered the next coach at a pretty big football school.
I get that you guys like to tag him and I fully understand that from a rivalry standpoint l, but it seems shortsighted to suggest he doesn’t know football from a coaching standpoint. That’s where he started and grew into who he is.
I am a TON more confident that Dabo will continue to put a solid product in the field than I am of our 2 newly departed coordinators achieving that level of success, even at a school like Oklahoma. BV is a great coordinator - I hope he doesn’t end up being another Muschamp.
I don't think BV would be another Muschamp, you don't hire Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss and clip his wings. Also, Muschamp's defense is really behind the times when it's comes to his to stop the RPO, didn't adapt with the times (Georgia probably has the talent to run his scheme with the LBs they draw) and he clearly was so burdensome a task master that his players got and stayed injured by years end. Hell 2018 we pass for more yards than y'all have ever given up, but we were down to our 3rd running back and had 1 starter healthy on defense, our best shot at an upset because we had the QB and WRs to attack the only weakness in his scheme some teams have been able to exploit (you need an NFL receiver room to do it) and we couldn't stop you in the other side or compliment it with the running game, that's the difference in Muschamp because he actually drew more talent than people admit.

Clemson will be fine as long as the recruiting stays in place. To be expected that they have taken a couple of hits with Venebles leaving. But Dabo I the key to their recruiting, and as long as he is interested they will be fine. As far as replacing Venebles and Elliott? Maybe he has confidence to stay in house with Streeter. But if he goes outside, he pretty much has an open checkbook to lure pretty much anybody he would go after. What USC needs to happen if for Dabo to go the way of Spurrier and just get tired of recruiting. He has more money at this point than several generations of Swinney's can spend. Unless he has a Saban mindset, and I think he is singularly unique, at some point most coaches start to ease off and enjoy life a little.

We’ve come a long way. Locker rooms are much better now than 15 years ago. 40 years ago you could smell them from 50 yards off. Now they’ve got the wall units that spray the sweet-smelling mist that helps keep down mrsa, staph, etc. Locker rooms are cleaned every day (not like when I played). Haven’t seen a case of athlete’s foot in years. Players have their uniforms and socks and undershirts washed for them everyday - no more hanging them up to dry and washing them at week’s end. Everything is better. …. And I’m talking about high schools. The colleges have got it all.

Call me warped. I love the smell of a cattle barn - hay, silage, milk room, the cattle, even the manure (grew up on a dairy farm and you learn to get used to it). But I can’t tolerate the smell of chicken litter or dog poop.

We’ve come a long way. Locker rooms are much better now than 15 years ago. 40 years ago you could smell them from 50 yards off. Now they’ve got the wall units that spray the sweet-smelling mist that helps keep down mrsa, staph, etc. Locker rooms are cleaned every day (not like when I played). Haven’t seen a case of athlete’s foot in years. Players have their uniforms and socks and undershirts washed for them everyday - no more hanging them up to dry and washing them at week’s end. Everything is better. …. And I’m talking about high schools. The colleges have got it all.

Call me warped. I love the smell of a cattle barn - hay, silage, milk room, the cattle, even the manure (grew up on a dairy farm and you learn to get used to it). But I can’t tolerate the smell of chicken litter or dog poop.
Oh man, nothing like a milk room.

You guys repeat this ad nauseum on here - on what grounds do you base this off of? I just don’t understand why some think this. He clearly has a great football mind, knows what he wants to do, and finds people to carry out his vision. As a position coach he churned out talent and put himself in a good enough spot that he was considered the next coach at a pretty big football school.
I get that you guys like to tag him and I fully understand that from a rivalry standpoint l, but it seems shortsighted to suggest he doesn’t know football from a coaching standpoint. That’s where he started and grew into who he is.
I am a TON more confident that Dabo will continue to put a solid product in the field than I am of our 2 newly departed coordinators achieving that level of success, even at a school like Oklahoma. BV is a great coordinator - I hope he doesn’t end up being another Muschamp.
Of course Clempson fans don't like that characterization but if you take off your orange glasses for just a moment, you will see its an assessment of Dabo that is pretty broad across college football.....certainly not just contained to the South Carolina fanbase.

Coaching stability is one of the most under appreciated elements of a successful program. Clempson has been very fortunate in this area. Anytime both coordinators and the AD leave, it shakes that stability in a major way. CU may come back from it, they may not. We will all see.

#ClemExit

Reactions: Lakecock1
Well, if you think Clemson is such a hole, then doesn't it make sense that they have left for better schools? Fact is that all the coaches that have left got promotions. And they didn't take head coach at some "directional school." The two coordinators landed head coaching jobs at Power 5 schools. The AD is going back to his alma mater and where his wife is from. And Clemson might have a 10 year win this year. Not exactly a dumpster fire. We need to worry about ourselves. Need some good portal news soon.

In any scenario, losing your OC and DC at the same time its a huge shakeup for any program in America, including Pickens. Even worse when you throw in your AD. Don't kid yourself. Lightening may strike for Dabo twice who knows. But the odds say its not likely. And dont kid yourself, there are a lot of tight sphincters in upstate SC right about now.

#ClemExit

After his crude gesture to Gamecock fans (when he was a holder for either an XP or FG), he has not been one that I have rooted for ... I get the loyalty to his father and such, but try and keep things in check ... humble thoughts.
Did Jeff Scott really do that?

The locker-room smell may be more of a nostalgic thing for him. Or……… Dabo might have a people sniffing fetish like Joe Biden. People do weird stuff.

Miami has pushed all their chips to the middle of the table. Can’t wait for the ex-pro players like Michael Irvin to throw a hand grenade into it.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have they completely reopened recruiting for all South Florida recruits? If not, they haven't pushed all their chips in.

Clemson will be fine as long as the recruiting stays in place. To be expected that they have taken a couple of hits with Venebles leaving. But Dabo I the key to their recruiting, and as long as he is interested they will be fine. As far as replacing Venebles and Elliott? Maybe he has confidence to stay in house with Streeter. But if he goes outside, he pretty much has an open checkbook to lure pretty much anybody he would go after. What USC needs to happen if for Dabo to go the way of Spurrier and just get tired of recruiting. He has more money at this point than several generations of Swinney's can spend. Unless he has a Saban mindset, and I think he is singularly unique, at some point most coaches start to ease off and enjoy life a little.

I don't agree. I believe it was their use of "resources" like the FBI found out when recording their assistant basketball coach. Now, everyone is using "resources", and quite a few have way more "resources" than Clemson. And you don't even have to keep the use of those resources "tight" anymore. That's why Dabo was so against paying players.

Steve Smith: “That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said in the video, according to the CBS report.

mike-bellamy-money1-260x323.jpg

Clemson basketball sucks!

Obviously, they didn’t keep it ‘tight’.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT