ADVERTISEMENT

ETSU beats Vandy!!!

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
I bet Freddie is happy with Carolina winning and ETSU beating Vanderbilt. I'm happy to see the boys from Johnson City get the win, but not sure how great that
defeat is for our conference. Vandy may not win a game this year...

I bet Freddie is happy with Carolina winning and ETSU beating Vanderbilt. I'm happy to see the boys from Johnson City get the win, but not sure how great that
defeat is for our conference. Vandy may not win a game this year...
I am very happy with the win. Thanks for posting. We even made ESPN. LOL!

Sankey should revoke Vandy's SEC membership immediately. Get beat by an FCS crowd that just cranked the program back up a few years back. And from the look of the stands, I have seen high school games with greater attendance

Sankey should revoke Vandy's SEC membership immediately. Get beat by an FCS crowd that just cranked the program back up a few years back. And from the look of the stands, I have seen high school games with greater attendance
Well, here's the bad part. ETSU soundly defeated Vandy, the Dores were never really in the game. As far as attendance was concerned about 2K of those fans were ETSU fans. I would have been there myself, if not for this Covid outbreak. I've been full vaccinated but still in crowds of people that aren't wearing masks I'm afraid to get out because I have asthma and COPD.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Well, here's the bad part. ETSU soundly defeated Vandy, the Dores were never really in the game. As far as attendance was concerned about 2K of those fans were ETSU fans. I would have been there myself, if not for this Covid outbreak. I've been full vaccinated but still in crowds of people that aren't wearing masks I'm afraid to get out because I have asthma and COPD
It would've been a good trip...I love Nashville and West End...I think that's why so many Gamecocks travel to Vandy when we play them...just to eat and hang out afterwards or before...

Course there a lots of fans and alumni in the state of Tennessee....

It would've been a good trip...I love Nashville and West End...I think that's why so many Gamecocks travel to Vandy when we play them...just to eat and hang out afterwards or before...

Course there a lots of fans and alumni in the state of Tennessee....
I went to a Carolina vs Vandy game in Nashville back when SOS was our coach. It was a fun trip and I loved Nashville.

Reactions: vehemon
Should he have revoked ours after getting beat by Citadel?

Vandy does more than carry their weight in the SEC with baseball and sometimes basketball.

I feel awful for the Vanderbilt football program.

Are they still using the female kicker?

Last edited:
My guess is that Vanderbilt concentrates more on academics than athletics.
You are correct, but they can get good athletes because of the high academics. However if what you say is they mostly concerned with academics, then they need to join another conference. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the baseball team, so I think they do want to win. Thank God for them because recently they are the only reason we are not last in the East, and we cannot use academics as an excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT