ADVERTISEMENT

Fans?

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
When "fans" complain about a call that gets overturned in the replay booth, and is good for their team, what is the purpose of that?

Also, when these same "fans" want to discount wins because they aren't against teams they deem aren't big enough names (or whatever), once again, what is the purpose?

I truly believe we have a chance at USC to create something special. I'm 61yo and I don't remember a time with this much potential.
Unfortunately we can't convince some people to be patient and see how this plays out.
But don't let the Negative Nellies dampen your enthusiasm.
Continue to dress in garnet and black. Go to games if you have tickets. If you can't, give your tickets away or sell them to Gamecock fans. Be positive when talking about the team.
Be part of the change for a better football team.
GO COCKS!

Also, when these same "fans" want to discount wins because they aren't against teams they deem aren't big enough names (or whatever), once again, what is the purpose?

I'll address this part since it's about me in the other current thread.

As simply as I can put it, beating Eastern Illinois is not the same as beating Auburn. I don't think it really needs more explanation than that.

The rest of the post was a good speech.

You’d be surprised how many fans that get called out for “complaining” actually go to the games. I’ve been to every home game this season but one, I even went to ECU this year. I don’t see myself as a complainer but I will NEVER be a blind sunshine pumper. With that said, I was more impressed with the Auburn win than the Florida win and I honestly believe we have a shot this Saturday. Haven’t felt that way in a long time about the Clemson game but this year I do. And you know what? I’ll be there in the stands like always!

When "fans" complain about a call that gets overturned in the replay booth, and is good for their team, what is the purpose of that?

I truly believe we have a chance at USC to create something special. I'm 61yo and I don't remember a time with this much potential.
Unfortunately we can't convince some people to be patient and see how this plays out.
Continue to dress in garnet and black. Go to games if you have tickets. If you can't, give your tickets away or sell them to Gamecock fans. Be positive when talking about the team.
GO COCKS!
It's at least a 3 to 5 year job. True fans know that. The rest is just message board noise, without which it would be a "bored" board.

tenor.gif

As simply as I can put it, beating Eastern Illinois is not the same as beating Auburn. I don't think it really needs more explanation than that.

No one is saying that beating Eastern Illinois is the same as beating Auburn.
I've just personally never heard a fan base critique/criticize their own team's wins the way I've heard some USC fans do it this year.
Never.
I've heard fans of other teams do it to their rivals, but never have I heard Clemson fans or Alabama criticize their own wins.
It's like some USC fans don't want to see improvement or be happy.

I've just personally never heard a fan base critique/criticize their own team's wins the way I've heard some USC fans do it this year.
Never.
I've heard fans of other teams do it to their rivals, but never have I heard Clemson fans or Alabama criticize their own wins.

I think college football fan bases are a lot more similar than you give them credit for. I see a lot of the same behavior in other fan bases.

Never.
It’s not that they don’t want to see it, it’s that they don’t trust it and with good reason. Think about it, everytime we’ve had success we haven’t sustained it and have been monumentally let down. The only time we’ve had success and haven’t been kicked in the gut is the 2011-2013 seasons. USC fans don’t know how to be happy because we’ve had very little experience with it, we are always waiting for the bottom to fall out because we’ve seen it so many times. Think back to the Brad Scott days, won our first bowl game and the excitement only to have it crash down after that. Then Lou, back to back outback bowl seasons only for it to come crashing down the next 3 seasons and how that all ended (63-17, brawl, etc). Then Spurrier comes in and we’ve never experienced anything like that before. Then there was Muschamp and we all know how that went. No fanbase wants success more than us.

GO COCKS!
Are you new here @cockymom2boys ?
Yes I am kidding.
This is the FGF! We are famous for having the most imposters and most miserable actual Gamecock fans on the internet. FGF! An internet rathole. Nobody hates Carolina as much as Carolina fans do. That is a fact.

I think college football fan bases are a lot more similar than you give them credit for. I see a lot of the same behavior in other fan bases.
You are absolutely right. Check out TNET the next time Clemson drops a game or squeaks out a win against an inferior opponent. They want everyone fired because Dabo has lost control of things.

Reactions: Lakecock1 and eds11
Yes I am kidding.
This is the FGF! We are famous for having the most imposters and most miserable actual Gamecock fans on the internet. FGF! An internet rathole. Nobody hates Carolina as much as Carolina fans do. That is a fact.
I understand.
I just wish we could change that lol.

Reactions: PC31
You are absolutely right. Check out TNET the next time Clemson drops a game or squeaks out a win against an inferior opponent. They want everyone fired because Dabo has lost control of things.
I have a ton of friends who are Clemson fans and I never heard a negative word out of them, not directed at Clemson anyway.
And we all know the positive press they get from The Greenville News and the radio station.

Last edited:
I will say this...there are some "fans" on here whose head will absolutely explode if we win Saturday because it will further destroy their narrative against our coaching staff.

Honestly, I think most of them will say exactly what their counterparts would say had the Auburn game gone differently.

"Just wait, more time will tell, give it 3 or 4 years".

Reactions: Lakecock1

GO COCKS!
I just don’t want the Board to rush and extend Beamer’s contract. After all, it isn’t as if we had major upsets. We beat teams that weren’t doing any better than we were! I support our team and our coach, however let’s don’t rush to extend contracts…like we did with Muschamp and Martin.

Never.
Spend some time on other boards and get back with me on this theory.

I visited a site earlier this year. There was "fire the oc", "fire the o line coach" and " threads.
You must have missed all the posts bashing the starting QB and o-line as well as countless posts bashing Dabo's failure maintain the excellence, use the transfer portal, and putting players named Venables and Swinney on scholarship.

You must have missed all the posts bashing the starting QB and o-line as well as countless posts bashing Dabo's failure maintain the excellence, use the transfer portal, and putting players named Venables and Swinney on scholarship.

Yeah, there were those too. I just didn't list them all. Thanks.

Reactions: SLODAWG
Spend some time on other boards and get back with me on this theory.
I admit I don't get on rival boards.
When I say I feel like other fan bases are more supportive than a fragment of USC fans, I'm comparing friends I have who are Fla State, Clemson, LSU, Alabama, and a few other schools to the fans on this Board who want to complain about wins or question calls that go our way.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
It's called integrity. If the cashier gives you too much change do you just ignore it and keep the extra money?

Criticism is important to keep things grounded. Not being able to be honest leads to cultish behavior.

What if you're wrong?

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I will say this...there are some "fans" on here whose head will absolutely explode if we win Saturday because it will further destroy their narrative against our coaching staff.
Will you change your thoughts on the coaching staff if we get blown out by Clemson?

Reactions: Lakecock1
Yes I am kidding.
Sad, sad fact

It's called integrity. If the cashier gives you too much change do you just ignore it and keep the extra money?

Criticism is important to keep things grounded. Not being able to be honest leads to cultish behavior.

What if you're wrong?
If she thinks she's wrong what's the point?

Reactions: ruffledfeathers
You're one of the ones who is hoping we lose so you can come here and post your usual funeral dirge.

Says the guy who disappears after we lose. You're the only one of us who actually does the "I told you so" thing.

I'm here no matter what the outcome is each week.

Says the guy who disappears after we lose. You're the only one of us who actually does the "I told you so" thing.

I'm here no matter what the outcome is each week.
First I'm not a guy. Second in all the years I have been on this forum I have NEVER disappeared when we lose. Like I told you I spend most of my time on the Insiders forum.

What if you're wrong?
What if you’re wrong? I’m a big enough fella to admit it when I am. I’ve been wrong plenty in my life. I’m with this young lady. Be proud of the garnet and black, support this team and this coaching staff. They might just whoop the sdh outta blabo’s boys !

I think it's important to recognize that all wins are equal when it comes to strictly the W-L column. You have to win the games you're supposed to win. Of course strengths of conference and schedule matters for the playoffs, but we're just trying to get above .500, so a win is a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT