ADVERTISEMENT

For everyone that likes Freeze so much...

I won't have to, with luck, Freeze may be wearing garnet and black soon.
Why do you want our program to implode? Why are you willing to accept what Freeze will bring to Carolina football? You realize Ole Miss has been a dumpster fire since he left right? You realize he set them back years?

Why do you want our program to implode? Why are you willing to accept what Freeze will bring to Carolina football? You realize Ole Miss has been a dumpster fire since he left right? You realize he set them back years?
Our program is already at the bottom of a cliff. I'm for anyone who can bring us back from the grave.

I realize because of Coach Freeze Liberty has their best football team ever. I also realize if we do not hire him someone else will.

I didn't realize that OM had so many wins vacated while Freeze was there. Those were not minor infractions. But I'd still be okay with him at SC. It would show we are serious about winning. Just have to keep a close watch on him - at least for the first few years.

Im convinced no one on this board realizes we literally just got off of probation from violationsthat occurred under Muschamp.
His probation slightly limited contact with recruits for a two week period because of the actions of a former DL coach.

Liberty is 8-0, and nationally ranked. Despite limited resources that little program is the best team in the state of Virginia. Who do you have in mind that is better?
Who have they played? How long can he sustain? What could he do without the pandemic? Sorry my eyes aren't bugging out of my head at 8-0 at Liberty

1. Sports
Hugh Freeze stories emerge from former female students at Briarcrest Christian
Updated Jan 13, 2019; Posted Jul 31, 2017

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
By Mark Heim | mheim@al.com
More than a week after former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze abruptly resigned for a "pattern of personal misconduct," former students at storied Briarcrest Christian have spoken out.
USA Today reports three women who attended the Memphis high school - where Freeze was a coach and depicted in the movie "The Blind Side" - shared stories of inappropriate behavior.
Katie Dalmasso, 27, told a story of wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt, which violated the dress code. She said Freeze made her remove the shirt in his presence.

"Coach Freeze pulled me in his office and told me that my shirt represented drugs,'' Dalmasso told USA Today. "I said, 'I'll go change in the bathroom,' and when I said that he said, 'No, you're going to change in here so I get the (Grateful Dead) shirt and you can't have it back.'

"He didn't do anything sexual. But I stood in the corner and faced the wall when I did it and I changed out of my shirt. No privacy.''

A second woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told the newspaper Freeze was "hyper attentive'' to the length of her skirts. She said he stayed in the parking lot while she went to her car to change.

She went on to say when she and football players were disciplined the football players had the option of being paddled as opposed to detention.

She decided to take that option as well, but was "shocked" when he administered the paddling and not a female teacher.

"(Freeze) did some bizarre warm-up taunt before actually making contact,'' the woman told USA TODAY. "I was humiliated that he didn't have a female in the room.

"I don't know if the acts were intentionally sexual or if he was really that oblivious to the inherently sexual nature of his approach to discipline.''

Both Freeze - through his attorney - and Briarcrest Christian both released statements Sunday adamantly denying the accusations.

Check out the full report at USA Today.

There are a lot of things that make me uncomfortable about this guy. Do we really want to take a chance on a second consecutive coach that was FIRED from their head coaching stints in the SEC?

Reactions: Phil_will1
  1. Sports

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
More than a week after former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze abruptly resigned for a "pattern of personal misconduct," former students at storied Briarcrest Christian have spoken out.
USA Today reports three women who attended the Memphis high school - where Freeze was a coach and depicted in the movie "The Blind Side" - shared stories of inappropriate behavior.
Katie Dalmasso, 27, told a story of wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt, which violated the dress code. She said Freeze made her remove the shirt in his presence.

"Coach Freeze pulled me in his office and told me that my shirt represented drugs,'' Dalmasso told USA Today. "I said, 'I'll go change in the bathroom,' and when I said that he said, 'No, you're going to change in here so I get the (Grateful Dead) shirt and you can't have it back.'

"He didn't do anything sexual. But I stood in the corner and faced the wall when I did it and I changed out of my shirt. No privacy.''

A second woman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told the newspaper Freeze was "hyper attentive'' to the length of her skirts. She said he stayed in the parking lot while she went to her car to change.

She went on to say when she and football players were disciplined the football players had the option of being paddled as opposed to detention.

She decided to take that option as well, but was "shocked" when he administered the paddling and not a female teacher.

"(Freeze) did some bizarre warm-up taunt before actually making contact,'' the woman told USA TODAY. "I was humiliated that he didn't have a female in the room.

"I don't know if the acts were intentionally sexual or if he was really that oblivious to the inherently sexual nature of his approach to discipline.''

Both Freeze - through his attorney - and Briarcrest Christian both released statements Sunday adamantly denying the accusations.

There are a lot of things that make me uncomfortable about this guy. Do we really want to take a chance on a second consecutive coach that was FIRED from their head coaching stints in the SEC?
So many T-shirt fans that have never stepped foot on USC's campus only care about the possibility of a few extra wins (that will most likely be vacated eventually) a year. Yet they wouldn't send their daughter's to play for him if he coached a woman's sport. He's a dumbass for getting caught and a grade A seazebucket #keepcolumbiahot #nofreezeplease

How about bowl bans and NCAA restrictions? Ole Miss has yet to secure a winning season since Freeze's departure
They only had three very GOOD seasons in the previous 27 years before he got there too. If Houston Nutt (9 wins twice) and Cutcliffe (10 wins, and with Eli at QB) give you the best three years in that kind of timeframe....maybe Ole Miss was OK with doing whatever they had to do to be relevant again. Those are two very good coaches...and didn't accomplish what he did....and he did it in a shorter timeframe.
Well there are 25 coaches that have their team ranked. Napier and Fickell are easily better for us than Freeze

I think Fickell is a hell of a coach. But, when taking into consideration these guys' W-L records, you also have to consider who those W/Ls are against. The AAC has 3 small private schools, ECU (Been a dumpster fire for some time now) and Wichita State. There are some big enrollment state schools that have become a springboard for HCs to bigger programs.

The "bigger" programs in the conference are all distant 3rd programs at least in their respective state (no matter how crap UF or FSU is right now for instance....49 out of 50 kids will go to FSU over Ucf or USF)..even UT, Vandy over Memphis. The programs in this conference seem to constantly be jumping off points for young coaches but this is what is never talked about: WHY they're so highly coveted is part and parcel to WHERE they're doing magical work. Off the record in ten years you may get Tom Herman, Justin Fuente, Scott Frost, Butch Jones, Willie Taggarts and the like to admit that winning football games in the AAC is in a different universe than the conferences they moved onto try to do that in elsewhere.

I also like Heupel, Chadwell and Napier. But, I think this point has to be seriously considered.

Some haters out today!!!!

4 years ago Liberty and Coastal were runner ups in the FCS Big South. Now both are top 25 FBS and we suck so yall can rip on their coaches but look where we all are
..and for those who say Freeze is too risky....Chadwell has had some issues with NCAA and vacated wins. Not saying I would hate either one of them ....they're pushing it to win football games. It's done all over.

1. Sports

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Amen to this. Freeze is a sleeze bag who hides behind a fake religious front.

Bold of you to assume South Carolina would only get probation. Ole Miss was lucky the NCAA are such jokes or it would have gotten the death penalty for his paying players and getting others to take their entrance exams for them. And we need to get off this idea that he's some superstar coach. He had one decent year when the SEC was really down. Muschamp had a better year than any of his in 2012. He's also just a despicable person. There are better coaches and far better people whom South Carolina could go after whom won't be embarrassments to the program, school, and state.
Hey man, I'm completely on board with you. I'm glad there are some people out there have a bit of self respect and can realize Freeze wouldn't be good for us. #keepcolumbiahot #nofreezeplease

Reactions: Blaken91
If people want to hire a guy who is a proven winner but has a bad NCAA history. There is one out there with a record of 229-79-2 and his 5-year "show cause" has expired.

I don't get why so many people are enamored with Hugh Freeze. In addition to his violations and moral and ethical problems, he isn't all that good of a coach. In his 5 years at Ole Miss his pre-win vacated record was 39-25. That's just over 60%. The year after his best season he took a nose dive and went 5-7. Not exactly a spectacular performance in coaching. His performance at Ole Miss is a much better indicator of how he would do here in the SEC than what he's done at Liberty.

Yep. The only thing he does is win.
I mean...he's 67 years old and the President of Youngstown State in Ohio. Why on Earth would he ever come down here to coach football? Apologies if you aren't being serious, it's hard to tell these days with some of these suggestions...

I mean...he's 67 years old and the President of Youngstown State in Ohio. Why on Earth would he ever come down here to coach football? Apologies if you aren't being serious, it's hard to tell these days with some of these suggestions...
More tongue in cheek....but he meets the requirements that most seem to want (except the age factor, but Brown's at UNC). And he is/was one helluva coach...don't remember them ever being unprepared.

Reactions: The Gadfly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT