ADVERTISEMENT

FTC charges Diirectv

I have Direct and they have me "over the barrel". If I could watch "live" sports somewhere or at least on replay on the same day of the event - I would cut the cable.

Originally posted by cocknjax:
With false advertiising going back to 2007!
Finally I am vindicated,
Took me three years to beat the sobs on my own!
How did you beat them? I was considering switching my TV deal to DTV from Charter. If you sign up thru Costco, you also get a $200 Costco gift card. I know it's a 2 yr contract, but with the $200 Costco rebate, that seems like a decent deal. What am I missing?

My rate went up $30, I called to cancel, got it reduced $25 plus a $200 gift card
smile.r191677.gif

They just raised my rate by about $6 PM to $124. That is without any special movie or sports packages. They have a team of 100 people whose sole job is to come up with more ticky tack charges that they can add to your bill. If it wasn't for sports programming, I would probably not even have DTV.

They seem to be getting a serious PR problem but are doing nothing about it.

It's not cable, it's satellite.

Yes, they are a little pricey but if you live in the country what's the option.

Originally posted by wallycock:

Originally posted by cocknjax:
With false advertiising going back to 2007!
Finally I am vindicated,
Took me three years to beat the sobs on my own!
How did you beat them? I was considering switching my TV deal to DTV from Charter. If you sign up thru Costco, you also get a $200 Costco gift card. I know it's a 2 yr contract, but with the $200 Costco rebate, that seems like a decent deal. What am I missing?
I had them for ten years or so. upgraded and agreed on the monthly price to the penny. Then the bills came. About 20 dollars more per month than we agreed. I called them on it. they said" read your contract" . I said our agreement superedes what you print on the back, after the fact. I refused to pay it and called ALL the better business bureaus including the national one.
No help. I told them to come get their $hit. they refused, so I told them I would put it on the street for them to pick up. they picked it up and left the dish on the roof, but trashed my HVAC ducts in the Attic. I threatened suit, so they told me to get a contractor to fix it and they would pay for it. They did, but still turned me over to credit bureau, I disputed it and contacted the Florida Attorney general. The promised help, but did not help me. They used my case among others to sue DTV for several millions of dollars but they never gave me a dime of it, but did get DTV Off my a$$.
DTV is the biggest bunch of liars I have ever dealt with in forty years of business. they must have taught the Washington POLs how lie and get by with it.

Re: It's not cable, it's satellite.

Originally posted by vipercock:
Yes, they are a little pricey but if you live in the country what's the option.
Join the rest of society?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT