ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2 is on the coaches

2 outs. Odds of GS much lower than all other options. I’m sure they would have replaced pitcher if they knew he was going to hit a GS. Long season. Coaches showed confidence in pitcher. That can help down the road.

I can see both sides, only thing I can think is they just thought the matchup was a good one to get the out! Pen is deep though!

When the pitcher loaded the bases, that should have told the coaches that he was gassed. Should've been pulled at that time. Piss poor decision on the coaching staff. Did they not see Major League? Eddie walked gave up hits and walks to load the bases and he told the coach he had enough for one more, but the coach said no, we will get him for you

Second gussing is fun. We all are good at it.
What if he had struck the batter out?
No this is not second guessing! I was screaming pull him before he loaded the bases. With a chance to secure the series, it was unthinkable to me to leave him in when he was obviously struggling. Not to mention it was an official game after 5 innings and a storm just minutes away. They should have milked that by changing pitchers every batter if need be! With a good bullpen and the knowledge that a game 3 was probably not going to happen, they should have used every pitcher they had to secure that game. Leaving a guy in to load the bases and then still leave him in to give up a grand slam is on the coaches not the kid!

No this is not second guessing! I was screaming pull him before he loaded the bases. With a chance to secure the series, it was unthinkable to me to leave him in when he was obviously struggling. Not to mention it was an official game after 5 innings and a storm just minutes away. They should have milked that by changing pitchers every batter if need be! With a good bullpen and the knowledge that a game 3 was probably not going to happen, they should have used every pitcher they had to secure that game. Leaving a guy in to load the bases and then still leave him in to give up a grand slam is on the coaches not the kid!
I was yelling with you and agree with all points.

I hate they lost the way they did. I feel like 1-2 more clutch hits - wins that game easy.
I like how confident our guys play. - had 2 on in the 9th. Still competing. Prob should have bunted earlier when we had 2 on and no outs - I forget who was at the plate - but a big hitter. - didn’t work out.

I think this loss goes a long way for future games. And it really doesn’t hurt us.

I gotta say. - I check this board often after games - and the house taters or just haters show up quick after a loss.

Someone complained about the # of strikeouts in the 1st game - and blamed our hitters, coaches and. Clemson ha —- good pitchers will cause that. -and we batted against the best . the rain delay helped. The starter had 8 K’s in 3 innings. But was losing -

The second game - LSU had more strike outs and won — but our board blamed our pitchers. Ha ha /. Go figure

Enjoy the moment. /. Baseball is a tough sport and a long season.

I’m a fan of baseball and I like this team - coaches and players. They are making some good decisions and putting some players in tough positions to see how they respond. - how else do you grow and learn. I like the process -

Go Gamecocks

Reactions: roosterbell
When the pitcher loaded the bases, that should have told the coaches that he was gassed. Should've been pulled at that time. Piss poor decision on the coaching staff. Did they not see Major League? Eddie walked gave up hits and walks to load the bases and he told the coach he had enough for one more, but the coach said no, we will get him for you
you're comparing fiction to real life???...lol...WTF?...

except the kid didnt get the job done...quit blaming the coaches...RMO III

I hate they lost the way they did. I feel like 1-2 more clutch hits - wins that game easy.
I like how confident our guys play. - had 2 on in the 9th. Still competing. Prob should have bunted earlier when we had 2 on and no outs - I forget who was at the plate - but a big hitter. - didn’t work out.

I think this loss goes a long way for future games. And it really doesn’t hurt us.

I gotta say. - I check this board often after games - and the house taters or just haters show up quick after a loss.

Someone complained about the # of strikeouts in the 1st game - and blamed our hitters, coaches and. Clemson ha —- good pitchers will cause that. -and we batted against the best . the rain delay helped. The starter had 8 K’s in 3 innings. But was losing -

The second game - LSU had more strike outs and won — but our board blamed our pitchers. Ha ha /. Go figure

Enjoy the moment. /. Baseball is a tough sport and a long season.

I’m a fan of baseball and I like this team - coaches and players. They are making some good decisions and putting some players in tough positions to see how they respond. - how else do you grow and learn. I like the process -

Go Gamecocks
ecellent post...RMO III

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT