ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks vs Tennerr'see Game Thread

Now you're displaying a lack of knowledge of basic probability fundamentals.

No, you are being fundamentally dishonest. Beamer has exceeded ALL expectations. Even your own that YOU POSTED HERE. Even if it happens, 6-6 won't undo that, no matter how much you cry. He will get several years to build. And he should. Deal with it.

Please explain this logic.

You're saying that the quality of players on a team is irrelevant. So Muschamp's 72-10 victory over Charleston Southern is the most impressive victory in Gamecock history since Brad Scott beat Kent State 77-14.

It's a weird argument and one I don't find very convincing, but you do you.

You're saying that the quality of players on a team is irrelevant. So Muschamp's 72-10 victory over Charleston Southern is the most impressive victory in Gamecock history since Brad Scott beat Kent State 77-14.

Just when I don't think you could post something dumber, you continue to amaze.

What? My point is that Clemson beat us worse than any other team on their schedule over that period. Not to mention, Dabo clearly sat on the ball in 4th quarters to alleviate even further embarrassment.

Losing to your rival in such magnificent fashion over and over again is his legacy.

Muschamp sucked too bad against Clemson to even make a comparison. Our point loss margin against them was worse than any other team they faced over the period - including the bottom of the barrel in the ACC. It was also the worst margin in the history of our program versus any other team.
No doubt. But there has to be some acknowledgement that these Clemson teams would also get crushed by those Watson/long haired guy's teams.

What? My point is that Clemson beat us worse than any other team on their schedule over that period. Not to mention, Dabo clearly sat on the ball in 4th quarters to alleviate even further embarrassment.

Losing to your rival in such magnificent fashion over and over again is his legacy.

Your point is dumb if you can't acknowledge the quality of the team those Muschamp's teams played.

No doubt. But there has to be some acknowledgement that these Clemson teams would also get crushed by those Watson/long haired guy's teams.

Maybe? Muschamp had games where the team was completely listless. Almost as if he was running us into the ground. I haven't seen that from Beamer to date. We've been competitive in most games he's coached.

I think he'll get five because of the contract. However, he probably would deserve only four if we're not trending in the right direction.

I think it will have to be bad for him to get only 4. He'd have to miss a bowl this year AND next, and look bad doing it.

The Tennesse and Clemson wins were awesome. But if we don't follow them up, they will be seen increasingly as a fluke.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Your point is dumb if you can't acknowledge the quality of the team those Muschamp's teams played.

If crap teams in the ACC are outdoing us, the point is highly relevant. And they were.

You should get off the Muschamp-Clemson years. That was the worst black eye in our history over the course. There's no room for discussion. That was a yearly beatdown like no other.

We've been competitive in most games he's coached.
What?

We've lost by more than 20 points in 23% of the games Beamer has coached at South Carolina...

At this point I'm just going to assume you don't actually watch this team.

I think it will have to be bad for him to get only 4. He'd have to miss a bowl this year AND next, and look bad doing it.

The Tennesse and Clemson wins were awesome. But if we don't follow them up, they will be seen increasingly as a fluke.

We've played good in the bowl game too against a solid ND team. Really should have won the game.

Again, I think this year looks completely different if Wells is on the field with Legette. Rattler's confidence is so high he doesn't need much time when he's got multiple targets. That's how we caught fire at the end of last season.

What?

We've lost by more than 20 points in 23% of the games Beamer has coached at South Carolina...

At this point I'm just going to assume you don't actually watch this team.

I meant since the UT game last year. We had a big Muschamp hangover until Rattler started to roll.

The last argument made me look into the facts.

In Muschamp's first 31 games, he lost by more than 20 points 10% of games. Beamer has lost by more than 20 points in 26% of games. Spurrier was 3%.

That really should be put things into perspective. Muschamp was closer to Spurrier in three years than Beamer has been.

Maybe? Muschamp had games where the team was completely listless. Almost as if he was running us into the ground. I haven't seen that from Beamer to date. We've been competitive in most games he's coached.

I agree completely with the post. But it doesn't change the fact that Clemson is nowhere near the team they used to be.

I mean seriously, are they national title contenders this year?

I meant since the UT game last year. We had a big Muschamp hangover until Rattler started to roll.

Your arguments always seem to involve intentional ignorance "If we ignore all the data that shows me i'm wrong, i may be right."

I agree completely with the post. But it doesn't change the fact that Clemson is nowhere near the team they used to be.

I mean seriously, are they national title contenders this year?

Do you believe any Muschamp team fielded beats UT and Clemson back to back last season? I don't think so. Not even close.

Do you believe any Muschamp team fielded beats UT and Clemson back to back last season? I don't think so. Not even close.

No.

Okay, I answered your question. Can you answer mine?

Do you believe this years or last years Clemson teams were national title contenders?

If this is about not giving Watson ammunition, I get it. You've got the meme queen retard on the other side waiting to pounce as well.

Yeah the 2018 Gamecocks beats both and would have beaten Clemson by 3 touchdowns.

LOL. The 2018 team lost to EVERY SINGLE RANKED TEAM it played. And unranked Viriginia in the bowl. By 28. Literally EVERY SINGE TEAM IN THE ACC performed better against Virginia than we did that year.

But we beat last year's ACC Champion by 21 at Clemson with THAT team?

You are dumber than a stump.

lol it's honestly impressive how you guys are willing to stick your head in the sand to defend dumb arguments

They literally beat NOBODY that was ranked in 5 tries in 2018. Beat Vandy by 23. But they would have beat a Clemson team at Clemson last year by 21 points.

LOL. No.

Hilarious how people are dumb enough to think NIL gives US an advantage. Last I saw, our NIL collective was 10th...in just the SEC.

You have to buy it now. No free rides.
The way for us to succeed in the portal is getting the best of the G5 group. Many of these guys can play on the P5 level. Wells is a perfect example. If we chase every portal player from the best teams, we probably will not get many of them because they get the most offers. I am sure there were several G5 OL players that could have strengthen our weakest position, but for some reason we did not get them. That forced us to play freshmen, and the OL is not where you want to be playing freshmen.

The way for us to succeed in the portal is getting the best of the G5 group. Many of these guys can play on the P5 level. Wells is a perfect example. If we chase every portal player from the best teams, we probably will not get many of them because they get the most offers. I am sure there were several G5 OL players that could have strengthen our weakest position, but for some reason we did not get them. That forced us to play freshmen, and the OL is not where you want to be playing freshmen.

Agreed.

The same posters who will decry being on the lower end of the sec in nil will also hype our recruiting, which is consistently on the lower end of the sec.

The truth is, we have to be smart about both. With recruiting it's evaluation and development, with NIL, its evaluation and spending our money where it makes the most impact.

There's no doubt this team is literally being carried by an NIL transfer right now. We need to compliment that with players, like you said, from lower or lateral ranks that we can use. Concentrate on areas of need,and be smart about it. We aren't going to win bidding wars consistently.

Agreed.

The same posters who will decry being on the lower end of the sec in nil will also hype our recruiting, which is consistently on the lower end of the sec.

The truth is, we have to be smart about both. With recruiting it's evaluation and development, with NIL, its evaluation and spending our money where it makes the most impact.

There's no doubt this team is literally being carried by an NIL transfer right now. We need to compliment that with players, like you said, from lower or lateral ranks that we can use. Concentrate on areas of need,and be smart about it. We aren't going to win bidding wars consistently.

Indeed. The NIL cries are largely just making excuses for poor decision making.

Our NIL efforts bought Beamer a 5-star player. Beamer just chose the wrong 5-star player to buy. You can't blame NIL for that.

Indeed. The NIL cries are largely just making excuses for poor decision making.

Our NIL efforts bought Beamer a 5-star player. Beamer just chose the wrong 5-star player to buy. You can't blame NIL for that.

You're just a silly goose. You don't believe the deep pockets are scanning all aspects of the college football scene for players? Same goes with coaching - like we're going to find some diamond in the rough overlooked by the masses? There's too much money in the game today and we have these things called computers. There's rarely a stone left unturned in this hyperconnected world.

Reality is that we're going to have to pluck mostly from the G5 inventory because we can't compete with the money being thrown around at the P5 level for standout players. Wells happened to be a great pickup. However, would you rather buy 10 P5 players or 10 G5 players? The answer is obvious as the law of averages kicks in. Same goes with recruiting.

You're just a silly goose. You don't believe the deep pockets are scanning all aspects of the college football scene for players? Same goes with coaching - like we're going to find some diamond in the rough overlooked by the masses? There's too much money in the game today and we have these things called computers. There's rarely a stone left unturned in this hyperconnected world.

Reality is that we're going to have to pluck mostly from the G5 inventory because we can't compete with the money being thrown around at the P5 level for standout players. Wells happened to be a great pickup. However, would you rather buy 10 P5 players or 10 G5 players? The answer is obvious as the law of averages kicks in. Same goes with recruiting.

This literally doesn't respond to my point at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT