ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks vs Tennerr'see Game Thread

Why would I waste my hard earned money when we don’t have competent coaching?

Yeah, then how has he exceeded all expectations? Even your expectations. TWICE as many wins as you predicted.

Seem maybe you are the incompetent one. But maybe next year. LOL.

LOL. You are delusion. Anything that has happened "in front of your eyes" has only proven you WRONG.

Or he could have been proven pathetically wrong about Heupel, but I see you'll just dodge that completely by ignoring the point.

So unlike you...
/S

You should really go back and research that year the he "tanked". You might be surprised what was going on.

But you're right, UT looks SO much worse than our team right now.

/s
Worse than SC... yeah 42-20 worse...and with a great QB coming in next year with SC stuck with Dolt.

Worse than SC... yeah 42-20 worse...and with a great QB coming in next year with SC stuck with Dolt.

Not sure if you knew, but the "/s" means "end sarcasm".

I was being sarcastic, making fun of a certain moronic poster who continues to argue that Huepel is going to "tank" UT. As if he hasn't made them so much better in such a short time.

Reactions: panthergram
Is this going to be the narrative if we go 5-7 or 6-6 we will be better than under Spurrier?

Spurrier was 6-6 in year three and 7-5 in year four, so it would be about the same. Lost to Vandy both years. Were you ready to fire him? And he didn't inherit the disaster that Muschamp left.

The point is, even for someone like Spurrier, South Carolina is a tough rebuild.

Spurrier was 6-6 in year three and 7-5 in year four, so it would be about the same. Lost to Vandy both years. Were you ready to fire him? And he didn't inherit the disaster that Muschamp left.

The point is, even for someone like Spurrier, South Carolina is a tough rebuild.

In other words, yes, this is going to be the narrative.

Nothing can possibly be determined about a coach in 4 years, because.... Spurrier.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Heupel's lard ass will be fired before Beamer. Still the same fraud that tanked UCF.

WTF? LMAO

Tennessee has a generational qb on deck

In case you missed it, their defense is becoming stout as well with alot of young guys contributing big minutes

James Pearce Jr is going to be a 1st rounder before he leaves

Don’t ever compare Beamer to Spurrier lol

One had a history of success.

Don’t ever compare Beamer to Spurrier lol

One had a history of success.

Year 6 was his breakout year. His prior history and name is why he received a longer leash than the typical coach at USC. You would have been banging the same drum you are today otherwise.

Year 6 was his breakout year. His prior history and name is why he received a longer leash than the typical coach at USC. You would have been banging the same drum you are today otherwise.

Bolded the part I want to emphasize.

No one should be arguing another coach should get Spurriers leeway. He earned quite a bit more goodwill than almost any other coach.

I was a student at Carolina in 2007, so I know exactly what I thought about Spurrier then.

It was the complete opposite of how I feel about Beamer.

No one should be arguing another coach should get Spurriers leeway. He earned quite a bit more goodwill than almost any other coach.

Even in that 6-6 season, I was in Athens when we beat UGA who finished ranked like second in the country.

There weren’t games we went into thinking we didn’t have a chance then. That 6-6 will be completely different than if we go 6-6 this year. We also didn’t have a Spencer Rattler back then to cover cracks.

Reactions: Lurker123

Yep. Wasn't arguing a longer term for Beamer. Was simply pointing out that Watson would have probably felt the exact same way at this juncture if Spurrier hadn't had the pedigree.

Reactions: Lurker123
Even in that 6-6 season, I was in Athens when we beat UGA who finished ranked like second in the country.

There weren’t games we went into thinking we didn’t have a chance then. That 6-6 will be completely different than if we go 6-6 this year. We also didn’t have a Spencer Rattler back then to cover cracks.

You mean the 6-6 season when we lost to Vandy at home which kicked off a 5-game losing streak that ended year 3? Yeah, I'm pretty certain your current self would have been on fire if his name wasn't Steve Spurrier.

Last edited:
You mean the 6-6 season when we lost to Vandy at home which kicked off a 5-game losing streak that ended year 3? Yeah, I'm pretty certain your current self would have been on fire if his name wasn't Steve Spurrier.

Shane Beamer wouldn’t have been 6-6 with that 2007 team.

Shane Beamer wouldn’t have been 6-6 with that 2007 team.

Offense
Blake Mitchell
Chris Smelley
Cory Boyd
Mike Davis
Patrick Dimarco
Kenny McKinley
Chris Culliver
Jared Cook
Weslye Saunders
Freddie Brown
Seaver Brown
Marque Hall
Jamon Meredith
Lemuel Jeanpierre

Defense
Melvin Ingram
Captain Munnerlyn
Eric Norwood
Jasper Brinkley
Casper Brinkley
Cliff Matthews
Rodney Paulk
Marvin Sapp
Darian Stewart
Emmanuel Cook
Chris Hampton
Ladi Ajiobye
Kenrick Ellis
Clifton Geathers
Dustin Lindsey
Joel Reaves
Travian Robertson

Special Teams
Ryan Succop
Spencer Lanning

Offense
Blake Mitchell
Chris Smelley
Cory Boyd
Mike Davis
Patrick Dimarco
Kenny McKinley
Chris Culliver
Jared Cook
Weslye Saunders
Freddie Brown
Seaver Brown
Marque Hall
Jamon Meredith
Lemuel Jeanpierre

Defense
Melvin Ingram
Captain Munnerlyn
Eric Norwood
Jasper Brinkley
Casper Brinkley
Cliff Matthews
Rodney Paulk
Marvin Sapp
Darian Stewart
Emmanuel Cook
Chris Hampton
Ladi Ajiobye
Kenrick Ellis
Clifton Geathers
Dustin Lindsey
Joel Reaves
Travian Robertson

Special Teams
Ryan Succop
Spencer Lanning

You going to break down all of our opponents as well?

Are you just arguing to argue at this point?

I honestly can’t believe you truly believe the Beamer era has felt the same as the early Spurrier era.

Beamer's first 2 years have been better than Spurrier's first 2 years. And that is even more impressive considering Beamer followed the absolute dumpster fire of a coach Muschump.

Beamer's first 2 years have been better than Spurrier's first 2 years. And that is even more impressive considering Beamer followed the absolute dumpster fire of a coach Muschump.
Member since 2021, I think it’s safe to say you really didn’t experience those early Spurrier teams.

Only a moron would think that your sign up date on a random message board has anything to do with how long you have been "experiencing" Gamecock football.

But the shoe fits. Both tater feet. lol

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Only a moron would think that your sign up date on a random message board has anything to do with how long you have been "experiencing" Gamecock football.

Well, he started coaching 16 years before you decided to start "contributing" to the message board.

Not as huge a leap as you'd like to pretend it is, for obvious reasons.

Coincidentally, your join date is just a couple weeks after Satterfield was hired.

It’s just weird you would be a passionate fan and just find this place two years ago.

LOL. Maybe you should start another thread. "Satterfield paid plant discovered".

Since the last moronic thread you started went so well.

DO IT. Lol.

LOL. Maybe you should start another thread. "Satterfield paid plant discovered".

Since the last moronic thread you started went so well.

DO IT. Lol.

What are you talking about? That thread went perfectly. All your snooping and sleuthing, digging up months old threads, and no one cared.

That was hysterical.

No surprise the joke went right over your head.

Last edited:
Are you just arguing to argue at this point?

I honestly can’t believe you truly believe the Beamer era has felt the same as the early Spurrier era.

My point was that none of us have any idea what's going to happen and chronic negativity/trolling about Beamer is an exercise in futility.

To answer your question - Yes, the few years of the Spurrier era had fans loving and hating him depending on the week. We would win a few big games - and then inexplicably several in a row. There was no rhyme or reason until things settled out in Year 4. I'm not sure if he's still on this site, but Rogue Cock talked about this regularly and he was tied in with the board during that era.

My point was that none of us have any idea what's going to happen and chronic negativity/trolling about Beamer is an exercise in futility.

If the mood in the fanbase changes, it definitely can definitely create a shorter leash for Beamer. You keep acting as if he's guaranteed to go 6-6 this year. If he loses this weekend, 4-8/5-7 will be looking more and more likely.

To answer your question - Yes, the few years of the Spurrier era had fans loving and hating him depending on the week. We would win a few big games - and then inexplicably several in a row. There was no rhyme or reason until things settled out in Year 4. I'm not sure if he's still on this site, but Rogue Cock talked about this regularly and he was tied in with the board during that era.

You're just being disingenuous about the difference in the eras. While the 0-6 end to season was disheartening after being ranked #6, there was still a lot of positivity in the fanbase. While we got embarrassed at Arkansas they had Darren Mcfadden and the crew, and UF was coming off a national title with a Heisman winning QB. We lost in OT to Tennessee. We also had a close 2-point loss to a top 25 Clemson. We had just been ranked #6, beat a UGA team that finished second in the country, and were coming off the greatest recruiting class in our history. One of which got several of the players you listed as reasons Spurrier had a trash season.

Let's see how this season turns out before we start comparing it to that year. We were competitive at times that season, but so far we haven't been competitive with any team with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT