ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

Then answer my question. What else is there?
All you can do is wait and hope the situation changes. Next year schools are allowed to pay players directly. The USC endowment fund is massive and they've made a fortune over the years off of football. Let's see if they step up.

Although, until there's a cap and some semblance of a level playing field in terms of funding (cap), the whole thing is a charade.

All you can do is wait and hope the situation changes. Next year schools are allowed to pay players directly. The USC endowment fund is massive and they've made a fortune over the years off of football. Let's see if they step up.

Although, until there's a cap and some semblance of a level playing field in terms of funding (cap), the whole thing is a charade.
Well, if all I can do is wait, guess what I'm going to do. 🙂

Reactions: PaleoCock
He really hasn't. Ole Miss was 5-5 in his first season. In his 2nd year, he used NIL funding to get his star QB, running back and other players. He is Mr. NIL.

Out of curiosity, why are you going on about other coaches?

I think you are misremembering. The qb his second year was Carrol, and he played for Ole miss since 2018.

Their top 3 rushers were all Ole miss recruits too.

And that was a 10 win season in the SEC west.

Edit: Also, he took over a 4-8 Ole Miss team. His first year, 5-5, was the all conference covid schedule. So he improved them immediately, imo. Then his second year he wins 10 games, and did NOT buy a qb or rb.

Knowing that now, does it change your opinion at all?

He sucked in the NFL, he improved Tennessee's record in the only year he was there, he blew at southern cal, but they had a LOT of scholarship reductions and were on probation. Then he goes to Bama, which is hard to judge with all that talent.

He wins 2 conference championships at Florida Atlantic, then turned around Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock stock
He really hasn't. Ole Miss was 5-5 in his first season. In his 2nd year, he used NIL funding to get his star QB, running back and other players. He is Mr. NIL.

Out of curiosity, why are you going on about other coaches?
He definitely has proven he can coach over the course of his career. He certainly had no NIL when he was in Conference USA and won conference championships there. The first ranking of Transfer Portal was 2022. His 2nd year at Ole Miss was 2021 when his recruiting class finished 17th. That was respectable, but not spectacular. After that his classes have finished 37th, 29th and 20th. Nice, but not exactly killing it. He certainly did not have player talent advantages over Penn State and LSU last year when he beat both.

Evidently you failed to read my initial post. I said I was at the University of Mississippi this weekend. I mentioned that the campus was OK but, nothing special. I mentioned how isolated Ole Miss was and therefore my respect for Kiffin shot up dramatically. I don't know why that bothers some people. But evidently it does. There is obviously some sensitivity.

Last edited:
On the way back from Oxford, Mississippi. I assume we will play Ole Miss next year there. The campus is nice, but nothing special. Never been to Starkville. But I have always heard derogatory things about it. I cannot believe it is worse than Ole Miss, which is isolated. I know that the Rebs have some tradition from the Johnny Vaught days. But that was 50 years ago. After spending the weekend at Ole Miss, my respect for Lane Kiffin shot up dramatically. Been to Gainesville, Tenn, Athens. How the hell anyone can recruit to Ole Miss beats me. No wonder, even with NIL money, Ole Miss recruiting is about the same as us in the conference. By the way, I like the new Miss. State Head Coach. He was OC under both Kiffin and Josh Heupel, producing Top 10 offenses. He has offense in his blood like Heupel, Kiffin and Drinkwitz. College football rules these days favor offenses. Offense is the name of the game in college football these days. If you want to succeed, you better be offense-minded.
I received the best hospitality at The Grove that it has ever been my pleasure to experience anyplace in the SEC.

I received the best hospitality at The Grove that it has ever been my pleasure to experience anyplace in the SEC.
Very nice people. I won't deny that. And at a dinner Sunday night, I had a very pleasant conversation with an accomplished female attorney of the very patriotic and conservative Children of the American Revolution organization. She was "all in" on the Rebs.

And all the Rebel ladies were easy on the eyes (though I still prefer Carolina ladies; but, that's me).

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
He definitely has proven he can coach over the course of his career. He certainly had no NIL when he was in Conference USA and won conference championships there. The first ranking of Transfer Portal was 2022. His 2nd year at Ole Miss was 2021 when his recruiting class finished 17th. That was respectable, but not spectacular. After that his classes have finished 37th, 29th and 20th. Nice, but not exactly killing it. He certainly did not have player talent advantages over Penn State and LSU last year when he beat both.

Evidently you failed to read my initial post. I said I was at the University of Mississippi this weekend. I mentioned that the campus was OK but, nothing special. I mentioned how isolated Ole Miss was and therefore my respect for Kiffin shot up dramatically. I don't know why that bothers some people. But evidently it does. There is obviously some sensitivity.
It's probably because you've been gushing over Ole Miss and Missouri and their coaches on this site for some time now. Try doing that on other team boards and let us know how it works out. :)

I think you are misremembering. The qb his second year was Carrol, and he played for Ole miss since 2018.

Their top 3 rushers were all Ole miss recruits too.

And that was a 10 win season in the SEC west.

Edit: Also, he took over a 4-8 Ole Miss team. His first year, 5-5, was the all conference covid schedule. So he improved them immediately, imo. Then his second year he wins 10 games, and did NOT buy a qb or rb.

Knowing that now, does it change your opinion at all?

He sucked in the NFL, he improved Tennessee's record in the only year he was there, he blew at southern cal, but they had a LOT of scholarship reductions and were on probation. Then he goes to Bama, which is hard to judge with all that talent.

He wins 2 conference championships at Florida Atlantic, then turned around Ole Miss.
That's right. He didn't recruit them but was able to retain players like Carrol, Ealy, and others with NIL funding in 2021. That's something we haven't been able to do.

That's right. He didn't recruit them but was able to retain players like Carrol, Ealy, and others with NIL funding in 2021. That's something we haven't been able to do.

Again, I think you are misremembering.

From the link:
December 2021
The first transfer portal window, including the one-time transfer rule, coincides with the start of the NL Era. Collectives use their dollars to leverage athletes to enter the portal and commit to schools.

The NIL rules weren't settled till the summer of '21. Too late for transfers for that season.

So, first it was that he went out and bought that 10 win team, which he didn't. Now it's that he used NIL to keep the 5-5 team together, and then win 10 games with them. But that's not true either.

Does this new information change your mind?

Again, I think you are misremembering.

From the link:
December 2021
The first transfer portal window, including the one-time transfer rule, coincides with the start of the NL Era. Collectives use their dollars to leverage athletes to enter the portal and commit to schools.

The NIL rules weren't settled till the summer of '21. Too late for transfers for that season.

So, first it was that he went out and bought that 10 win team, which he didn't. Now it's that he used NIL to keep the 5-5 team together, and then win 10 games with them. But that's not true either.

Does this new information change your mind?
Not really. Ole Miss has been all over the NIL since day one.

Carrol secured several NIL deals, including notable agreements with companies such as Panini America for memorabilia and trading cards. He also made headlines with opportunities for personal appearances, where he charged significant fees. These deals allowed him to leverage his on-field success and popularity into financial opportunities under the new NCAA NIL rules implemented on July 1, 2021

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/o...-corral-ole-miss-rebels-panini-trading-cards/

Just out of curiosity though, what's your point with all of this stuff?

Reactions: Ward Jr
Not really. Ole Miss has been all over the NIL since day one.

Carrol secured several NIL deals, including notable agreements with companies such as Panini America for memorabilia and trading cards. He also made headlines with opportunities for personal appearances, where he charged significant fees. These deals allowed him to leverage his on-field success and popularity into financial opportunities under the new NCAA NIL rules implemented on July 1, 2021

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/o...-corral-ole-miss-rebels-panini-trading-cards/

Just out of curiosity though, what's your point with all of this stuff?

That link only says "three years ago". It doesn't contradict the provided link that NIL induced transfers didn't happen till December 21.

The NIL floodgates opened in July and August of 21. So these players would not have transferred before the 21 season.

As for what is the point? In discussing Beamer's coaching ability, he is often compared to people hired some time around him.

Once, Kiffin and Huepel were brought up as comparisons since they hired in around him, and also to dumpster fires.

Also, often people ask "who else could we get", so other coaches are brought up, and debated.

Lastly, recently, there has been discussion about whether coaching makes a difference at all in college football anymore. So successful coaches are discussed.

In this particular thread, it was because a poster had just traveled to that campus.

Last edited:
That link only says "three years ago". It doesn't contradict the provided link that NIL induced transfers didn't happen till December 21.

The NIL floodgates opened in July and August of 21.

As for what is the point? In discussing Beamer's coaching ability, he is often compared to people hired some time around him.

Once, Kiffin and Huepel were brought up as comparisons since they hired in around him, and also to dumpster fires.

Also, often people ask "who else could we get", so other coaches are brought up, and debated.

Lastly, recently, there has been discussion about whether coaching makes a difference at all in college football anymore. So successful coaches are discussed.
Feel free to look it up. Carrol was being paid in 2021. So was their running back and other players. It's all on Reddit.

King Ward stated it best above. Until you have comparable NIL funding, how in the world can you compare coaching ability? Player talent is the most important aspect by leaps and bounds.

Reactions: Robhawk29
It's the same BOT Boobs who built a shrine to Chadwell last season until he ran into top D1 level talent and got pancaked.

Most recently, they've cherrypicked Kiffin and Drinkwitz to do their bidding.

Lurker is having another tough thread.

He's been flashing that composite rankings for some time but failed to easily research the fact there are gaping holes.

Now it looks like he's on the wrong side of this Ole Miss-NIL conversation.
Your side of the conversation is saying there's no reason to be a Gamecock fan.

Your side of the conversation is saying there's no reason to be a Gamecock fan.

My side of the equation is saying that there's no reason to be a college football fan until they provide some guardrails to help level the playing field.

If the NFL had the same setup as what we have in CF currently, fans would stop watching. The game is rigged beyond belief at the moment.

And these knuckleheads trying to judge and/or place the blame on Beamer at this moment are clueless.

Feel free to look it up. Carrol was being paid in 2021. So was their running back and other players. It's all on Reddit.

King Ward stated it best above. Until you have comparable NIL funding, how in the world can you compare coaching ability? Player talent is the most important aspect by leaps and bounds.

I did look it up. Yes they were being paid, but no they did not stay in 2021 because of it. Their chance to transfer would have been AFTER the 21 season.

I provided a link that explained it.

December 2021

So again, he took a 4-8 team, went 5-5 the next year with an all SEC schedule, then won 10 games the next year with a regular schedule. And did this BEFORE the NIL free market hit.

This tangent came about because we wanted to give the NIL market credit for this turnaround. I simply want to see if people will change their mind once the timing of NIL disproves that notion.

Kind of like how your opinion shifted once we showed he didn't go out and buy players for that 10 win season.

Edit: As for Ward's opinion. It's been noted that talent level is vitally important. This does not mean that we ignore coaching ability though. There are many factors to success (whatever we define that as). We are capable of addressing more than one factor at a time.

Last edited:
My bad. It's Florida Atlantic though bro.
It's Conference USA which includes Jax State, which we were fortunate to win with an end of the game interception for a TD, Liberty which finished in the Top 25 last year and finished in the Top 20 several years ago, Western Kentucky where our Defensive Coordinator came from, Louisiana Tech which has won 25 conference championships , 3 national championships and played in 13 major college bowl games. But here is the bottom line: Kiffin has won twice as many conference championships as the University of South Carolina has in its entire history (and we fly a flag at our stadium publicizing that conference championship we won decades before the internet came into existence) So, I would not be playing down Kiffin's 2 conference championships.

It's probably because you've been gushing over Ole Miss and Missouri and their coaches on this site for some time now. Try doing that on other team boards and let us know how it works out. :)
It's a sports board. And last I checked, we play both this coming season..... a season that many believe is crucial to Beamer's career. And I for one have "gushed" over Beamer "overachieving" in his first 2 seasons here (more so than anyone else has). As I said, it's a "sports board".😉

Why do you care so much about this Lurker? Kiffin was very average at UT and got fired from USC-W. Now you're arguing that a single season at Ole Miss sets a precedent?

Kiffin is Mr. NIL and that's what you've chosen to hang your anti-Beamer rhetoric on this season? Stranger Things.
I'm anti-Beamer because I don't think he's qualified to be our HC.

Good God you guys are reaching! Hey Stock, are you back from Oxford yet? What a perfectly timed trip to fit the argument you've been making for months here concerning Ole Miss and Kiffin. :)

Go gush on Clemson's board with all of this misdirected Kiffin homage and see what happens.
Ward, thankfully I'm back. I'm not sure I have ever seen worse infrastructure leading to a city.

I'm just telling the truth, even gushing about Beamer at times.

It's a sports board Ward. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to read. In fact, the "ignore" feature is available to all. :D

Ward, thankfully I'm back. I'm not sure I have ever seen worse infrastructure leading to a city.

I'm just telling the truth, even gushing about Beamer at times.

It's a sports board Ward. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to read. In fact, the "ignore" feature is available to all. :D
I don't need no stinkin buttons to ignore someone. 🙂

Reactions: gamecock stock
I don't need no stinkin buttons to ignore someone. 🙂
We ALL want Beamer to succeed. No one will pull harder for Beamer to succeed than you, me, Lurker, Southern Fried, Bassslayer, Watson, etc. I have made no secret that I was VERY much AGAINST the hiring of Beamer. So, what?????? I'm still pulling for him, for us. Yes, many of us disagree regarding Beamer. Big Deal. I have family members and friends who are more liberal than me. I have family and friends who are more conservative then me. I don't disown them. You know what I tell them? I tell them that: "This is America. It's a free country. God Bless you. Vote your conscience". Thus, I don't understand the problem some have here with us posting a sports comment that they might not like. People need to be adults. This is not "life or death".

Last edited:
Must have missed that Beamer gushing part.

I would never pull a Lurker and use the ignore button. It's fitting he puts out a pansy report. :)
You did miss. You have done "searches" before on comments I have made. And start with the one I made today. So go at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
By the way, no one has to use the "ignore" button. You can just skip someone's post. It's simple. Just open your eyes. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT