ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

No "credit", I just want the old Ward back.

I still say it's a credit to you. This isn't the first time you were the adult voice in the room.

As for getting the old ward back? You let me know if that ever happens. I'm not holding my breath, or even really caring at all.

I'm not sure what you mean here? Look at the number of posters who have recently called out all of anti-team/anti-Beamer propaganda from the Lurker and Stock accounts -- King Ward, Paleo, Turncock, Myself, DeeDave, Cock'fyr, TNGamecock, etc. And these are the only posters that will even interact. Most wrote them off as trolls/bots a long time ago.

1000%.

The problem is that people treat these games like it is a matter of life and death. They are not. No fan wants to beat Clemson more than I do. If we do, I am as happy as can be for a few days. But then, the euphoria wears off. Does winning significantly improve ones quality of life. Not mine, permanently. People will not always agree. If your wife agrees with everything you say or do, then you are one lucky man. But that is rare. If she does not, are you divorcing her? I doubt it (especially if she looks like a Playmate). Anyway. Got to run. Carry on.

Kiffin was an average coach until he started buying his team.

At UT, he went 7-6 in his one year as head coach.

At USC-W, he got fired in his fourth season.

It’s honestly amazing how disingenuous you can be to avoid admitting you’re wrong.

I would hate to know what you truly think of Beamer if you truly believe that Kiffin is “average” because their resumes are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Beamer has his work cut out for him as the gamecocks are recruiting against some of the best teams and now add Oklahoma and Texas to the list. If Beamer can keep the gamecocks competitive meaning being bowl eligible most of the time I can see him getting an extension for more years. Hard time seeing anything else happening in the future because now of this situation with the new NIL. Gamecocks have just a few years of being relevant in football.

Why should bowl eligibility ever be a question? We are generally guaranteed 4 wins a year. It just requires the coach to win 2 out of the remaining 8 games.

5-7 or worse should never be acceptable.

Reactions: Robhawk29
It’s honestly amazing how disingenuous you can be to avoid admitting you’re wrong.

I would hate to know what you truly think of Beamer if you truly believe that Kiffin is “average” because their resumes are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Time to head back to school for something other than a Humanities Major.

When you have more money, you can typically buy higher quality.

With the advent of the NIL, the landscape has now been redefined to recreate a much greater gap between classes.

But don't take my word for it, let's yield to the same guy you and the BOTs are continually trying to puff up.

------------------

“It just probably sounds strange to a lot of people for me to say the disaster when we’re out there maximizing it as well as you can and as well as anybody,” Kiffin said.

“But to me, that tells you how much of a disaster it is. Even though it benefits us, I’m still telling you it’s a disaster even though it benefits us at Ole Miss a lot.”

"The Ole Miss donors are some of the richest collectives in the sport and have played a critical part in attracting high-profile additions to Oxford from the transfer portal."

"The portal has turned college football into free agency. It's like NFL free agency without a salary cap or contracts. It’s really challenging to manage rosters and build teams now"

Reactions: PaleoCock
Time to head back to school for something other than a Humanities Major.

When you have more money, you can typically buy higher quality.

With the advent of the NIL, the landscape has now been redefined to recreate a much greater gap between classes.

But don't take my word for it, let's yield to the same guy you and the BOTs are continually trying to puff up.

------------------

“It just probably sounds strange to a lot of people for me to say the disaster when we’re out there maximizing it as well as you can and as well as anybody,” Kiffin said.

“But to me, that tells you how much of a disaster it is. Even though it benefits us, I’m still telling you it’s a disaster even though it benefits us at Ole Miss a lot.”

"The Ole Miss donors are some of the richest collectives in the sport and have played a critical part in attracting high-profile additions to Oxford from the transfer portal."

"The portal has turned college football into free agency. It's like NFL free agency without a salary cap or contracts. It’s really challenging to manage rosters and build teams now"
This is exactly why I posed the question of Trolls or Morons. The latest coach they are trying to compare Beamer to is telling them exactly what you've been stating forever on this site and they can't put that together?

Why should bowl eligibility ever be a question? We are generally guaranteed 4 wins a year. It just requires the coach to win 2 out of the remaining 8 games.

5-7 or worse should never be acceptable.

We have never been bowl eligible every year, but there are also a lot more bowls now, so it's easier.

But, imo, falling short of 6-6 (bowl eligible) should be a once in a while thing. I have admitted I'm assuming it's going to happen for a second time in a row this year. Which is where a lot of my frustration is coming from. Admittedly, we have the opportunity to avoid that.

This is exactly why I posed the question of Trolls or Morons. The latest coach they are trying to compare Beamer to is telling them exactly what you've been stating forever on this site and they can't put that together?

Again, with the trolls or morons. Did it offend you so much that I provided facts and links to support my posts? Or was it that I corrected you on Kiffin buying players that year, and you had to change your story?

Again, with the trolls or morons. Did it offend you so much that I provided facts and links to support my posts? Or was it that I corrected you on Kiffin buying players that year, and you had to change your story?
So now your position boils down to he's a great coach because he had one good season with talent mostly obtained by a different staff? I'm sorry but you guys aren't making much sense.

Until we have enough money to retain our best players, the last thing you want to do is compare us to other coaching staff who can. Use the money to get and secure talent and then start analyzing coaching chops. It's not like Kiffin has been the only one sounding off on the NIL issue. Most all of the great coaches have including our top two.

Reactions: Ward Jr
So now your position boils down to he's a great coach because he had one good season with talent mostly obtained by a different staff? I'm sorry but you guys aren't making much sense.

Until we have enough money to retain our best players, the last thing you want to do is compare us to other coaching staff who can. Use the money to get and secure talent and then start analyzing coaching chops. It's not like Kiffin has been the only one sounding off on the NIL issue. Most all of the great coaches have including our top two.

Yep. Lurker has no problem calling people names (see post above) but can't handle directed at him when the shoe clearly fits.

Is that really what you read into my posts? One year?

Because I mentioned his first year at Ole miss, as well as his second. I mentioned his success at Bama, but admitted it's hard to judge with all that talent. I pointed out that he improved tenn in the one year he was there too. That's more than one year. And I've repeated this more than once.

Wouldn't taking the same players that went 4-8 to the success of a 10 win team two years later be a good thing for coaching ability? Wouldn't that be a good sign for the job he did?

We tried to dismiss it saying he bought those players before that was proven wrong. We want to dismiss the job he's done since then because of NIL. Hence why that window of time is a good indicator. It was pre-NIL, and he got a lot out of players that the previous staff couldn't.

Last edited:

Nothing Kiffin is saying would imply Beamer is a better coach than Kiffin…

We have never been bowl eligible every year, but there are also a lot more bowls now, so it's easier.

But, imo, falling short of 6-6 (bowl eligible) should be a once in a while thing. I have admitted I'm assuming it's going to happen for a second time in a row this year. Which is where a lot of my frustration is coming from. Admittedly, we have the opportunity to avoid that.

The only time we’ve been below 6-6 this century is when it was time for a coaching change…

Reactions: Lurker123
Is that really what you read into my posts? One year?

Because I mentioned his first year at Ole miss, as well as his second. I mentioned his success at Bama, but admitted it's hard to judge with all that talent. I pointed out that he improved tenn in the one year he was there too. That's more than one year.

And wouldn't taking the same players that went 4-8 to the success of a 10 win team two years later be a good thing for coaching ability? Wouldn't that be a good sign for the job he did?

We tried to dismiss it saying he bought those players before that was proven wrong. We want to dismiss the job he's done since then because of NIL. Hence why that window of time is a good indicator. It was pre-NIL, and he got a lot out of players that the previous staff couldn't.

His first year at Ole Miss was 5-5 Lurker.

Muschamp did a great job as a DC at multiple stops when he had great players.

Great coaching is typically attached to great talent Lurker - especially in the cut-throat SEC.

The numbers and history don't lie.

Apples to Oranges. Give each the same amount of money to buy players and a few years and we'll see what happens.

Haha. That’s the point. You give them the exact same resources and Kiffin will be the better coach 10/10 times.

He actually knows how to run a side of the ball and is a much bigger personality than Beamer. So kids enjoy playing for him.

Haha. That’s the point. You give them the exact same resources and Kiffin will be the better coach 10/10 times.

He actually knows how to run a side of the ball and is a much bigger personality than Beamer. So kids enjoy playing for him.

You skipped a step Watson. First you actually have to conduct the experiment. I know -- Humanities. :)

Imagine trying to insult a University of South Carolina education on a USC forum…
Watson,

Dak Joyner says, "I truly believe we've found our generational quarterback" (in Sellers).

Luke Doty on Sellers: "He's really, really, really smart. He's like an encyclopedia the way he can remember formations and plays. He can remember really specific plays or motions from last year that were game plan specific. He sees everything. He's done a great job of leading the offense and getting guys on the same page and moving in the right direction".

I'm sticking to my prediction we will finish no worse than 7-5..

Looks to be about the same as last year give or take one. 6-6 would be with 2 upsets. Next year will have a great home schedule though with Bama Oklahoma and Clemson.
I reiterate my prediction that I previously made. Read my comment, above, to Watson.

Watson,

Dak Joyner says, "I truly believe we've found our generational quarterback" (in Sellers).

Luke Doty on Sellers: "He's really, really, really smart. He's like an encyclopedia the way he can remember formations and plays. He can remember really specific plays or motions from last year that were game plan specific. He sees everything. He's done a great job of leading the offense and getting guys on the same page and moving in the right direction".

So you believe that Sellers will outperform Rattler's senior effort in his first season at the helm, with an unknown receiving core and running game, playing 8 teams with better overall talent -- 7 of which are ranked in the Top 20 and 4 in the Top 12?

How do you arrive that at conclusion? :)

So you believe that Sellers will outperform Rattler's senior effort in his first season at the helm, with an unknown receiving core and running game, playing 8 teams with better overall talent -- 7 of which are ranked in the Top 20 and 4 in the Top 12?

Didn't you see the quotes? Cuz it's Season 4!

Watson,

I really hope Sellers is a generational talent at QB. That will help us in the short term for sure.

However, people need to realize that’s not a long term plug. If Sellers ends up being generational he fell into our lap. It’s not like Beamer went out and won a big recruiting battle. It’s not even like Beamer uncovered Sellers when no one else did. Sellers was just a fall back option we went with when we missed on everyone Beamer wanted ahead of him.

I hope he wins us games, but people are going to make faulty conclusions from it.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Sucks having to agree with Ward on something.

But it’s so obvious that Sellers isn’t going to be our greatest QB ever from day 1.

I really hope Sellers is a generational talent at QB. That will help us in the short term for sure.

However, people need to realize that’s not a long term plug. If Sellers ends up being generational he fell into our lap. It’s not like Beamer went out and won a big recruiting battle. It’s not even like Beamer uncovered Sellers when no one else did. Sellers was just a fall back option we went with when we missed on everyone Beamer wanted ahead of him.

I hope he wins us games, but people are going to make faulty conclusions from it.
You and I were of the same opinion regarding the hiring of Beamer. I am admittingly biased on the outlook for this year. I am thinking that the players who have seen Sellers up close know more about his talent than those of us behind keyboards. We have recruited well through the portal, especially bringing in talent at the skill positions. Certainly those who played for the injured on the OL got good experience last season. If we have lots of injuries on the OL again this season, there will have to be questioning of either Day or Teasley or both, and maybe Beamer himself. I like White as DC, maybe the best hire Beamer made other than Lembo (who will be sorely missed).

This is a crucial year for Beamer. The crybabies on this site who constantly whine about the NIL cannot point to one SC Head Coach who consistently recruited among the top half of the SEC. Not even Steve Spurrier, the best coach we have ever had could do that. His average recruiting ranking in the then 14-team SEC was 8th. The 2nd best coach we ever had (Morrison in the independent era) had decent success against Clemson even though he rarely out recruited them. If NIL was even for all, we still would rarely recruit among the top half of the SEC for a variety of reasons, that the NIL whiners will never understand. Sparky Woods did not. Brad Scott (referred by one recruiting service as the best recruiter in the nation ) did not. Will Muschamp, considered a strong recruiter did not. Beamer has the kind of schedule this season to prove his coaching chops. The schedule will not be any easier next season. And the seasons following that will not be any easier. We will not be able to avoid Georgia, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn forever. And we will not be able to often out recruit them, NIL or no NIL. We rarely have. Beamer will HAVE TO make up for any player deficiencies elsewhere because those gaps will always be there (again, they always have been). The schedule crutch won't work. Those using that excuse may as well cry a river. We are in the SEC. The schedule will usually be tough and, we will be outmanned. They and Beamer will have to accept and get used to it. After all, Beamer does not have a lifetime contract.

Last edited:

So the same individual who has been talking about Kiffin and Drinkwitz all season and posting articles about opposing coaches claiming Beamer is terrible is now predicting we go 7-5? What's his drug of choice?

So the same individual who has been talking about Kiffin and Drinkwitz all season and posting articles about opposing coaches claiming Beamer is terrible is now predicting we go 7-5? What's his drug of choice?

So, we say he's too negative and then follow that up with saying he's too positive?

That fits, for the type of poster who asks questions, ignores the answers and then hurts insults based on something people didn't say.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Find a quote that I said Beamer was terrible. You confuse what others say with what I said. How do you interpret "over achieved" with terrible. I don't use drugs, like you evidently do to make that interpretation. But I will gladly accept a bottle of bourbon.

• Haha
So, we say he's too negative and then follow that up with saying he's too positive?

That fits, for the type of poster who asks questions, ignores the answers and then hurts insults based on something people didn't say.
That's the way Paleo is. He rarely goes with facts, like saying Kiffin won only one conference championship, rather than 2.

Find a quote that I said Beamer was terrible. You confuse what others say with what I said. How do you interpret "over achieved" with terrible. I don't use drugs, like you evidently do to make that interpretation. But I will gladly accept a bottle of bourbon.
Here you go bud.

Lindys or Athlon quotes opposing coaches on each team. I saw this on the internet. We will see which of the 2 magazines carries this. One opposing coach believes South Carolina is "dead in the water" with Beamer. That coach said, " I think Shane Beamer is on the hot seat. I don't think Beamer is very happy now. Beamer was not ready. You can tell by the way he handles his press conferences. That program is dead in the water."

Another coach said that Beamer made a smart move bringing in Shawn Elliott back. "Many thought Elliott would have been a better Head Coach move than Muschamp or Beamer. Shawn will get the locker room right where Shane lost the locker room last year.. Getting back to winning ways is a must", according to that outside coach.

These are damning assesments by outside coaches. This year's schedule gives Beamer a chance to show he is not over his head by posting a few upsets. By the way, " winning ways" means at least a 7-5 record.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Here you go bud.
Hey guy, AGAIN, where did I say he is "terrible"? You confuse me passing along information about what others say with what I say. I said it was said by "outside coaches". When did I become an "outside coach"? LMAO. Do you know how to read and comprehend? I ended that post saying this year's schedule is Beamer's chance to prove them, outside coaches, NOT ME, wrong. And I said the same thing earlier today. But you ignore that, just like you ignored the fact that I have said Beamer "over achieved" his first 2 seasons here. Typical.

Last edited:
Hey guy, AGAIN, where did I say he is "terrible"? You confuse me passing along information about what others say with what I say. I said it was said by "outside coaches". When did I become an "outside coach"? LMAO. Do you know how to read and comprehend? I ended that post saying this year's schedule is Beamer's chance to prove them, NOT ME, wrong. And I said the same thing earlier today. But you ignore that, just like you ignored the fact that I have said Beamer "over achieved" his first 2 seasons here. Typical of you, guy.

So Stock - You post a trash article and eagerly tried to support it's legitimacy.

Now you're downplaying the schedule and upping your expectations?

This season, we play 4 teams in the Top 12 and 7 teams in the Top 20.

I don't ever recall a season like this, but correct if I'm wrong?

You're predicting 7-5, yet also have recently stated:

"I'm concluding that you feel Beamer is over his head. If so, you won't get any argument from me."

It sickens me when I realize Muschamp ran our program so far into the ground it's going to take

I supplied a link to a site that tries go quantify the talent on hand for schools. It wasn't a compilation of recruiting rankings, but an attempt at counting straight up the number of 5,4 and 3 stars on a team that year. By that standard, we out-talented Ole Miss and Missouri for the past few...
southcarolina.forums.rivals.com
"It could be that no OC worth a flip had confidence in Beamer to work for him."

Offensive and defensive rankings for 24

by most football magazines has the QB-14 RB-10 OL -13 DL-11 CB-11 LB-12 WR-13 TE-11 out of 16. Getting to 6-6 will be a accomplishment.
And another:

"Those fans who pushed for Beamer to be hired, because he was a recruiting guru, got sold a bill of goods."

I want to eat crow so bad; Today was a good start

Everyone knows my opinion on past coaching hire but we are here and today was a great day!!

"I for one don't believe that Beamer has done a bad job recruiting. "

It sickens me when I realize Muschamp ran our program so far into the ground it's going to take

Just ask'n'... anyone predicting better than 5-7 this season or next??? (Using the word "IF" disqualifies any response). It will take a 7-5 record for Carolina to probably finish 4-4 in the SEC Will a sub-.500 conference record be acceptable in a coaches 4th season? Something to think about...

Did you attend The Lurker School of DoubleTalk? :)

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/posts/6180460/react?reaction_id=1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT