ADVERTISEMENT

Gueye leaving too.....

857957183.gif

Darn revolving door. We cut bait more and more. Maybe it is just the way college b-ball is these days. Oh well. Hope to build some depth soon enough. We aren’t good enough to get top 100 talent unless we have an in with the player or family. We need to get the 3 star and occasional 4 star and develop them over a couple of years.

Reactions: ansoncock
I will Gueye too. He was fun to watch.
When I see a Gamecock player hustling and giving his all, I always like them. IMHO, Gueye was late to the sport but did hustle. He was a presence on defence, but did not have the footwork nor strength to excel this year inside the paint. I really believe he has the potential to become an outstanding defensive player. I think he would have helped us next year.

Wish him well. Glad he was a Gamecock and hope he finds a good match in his next school. Also, hope he finds a good academic match.

I see it this way, with 17 wins to show for the season and you average less than 5 mins per game and never even scored maybe basketball ain't your future.

I see it this way, with 17 wins to show for the season and you average less than 5 mins per game and never even scored maybe basketball ain't your future.
SEC basketball is a pretty high level. Maybe another school, where he can continue his education would be a fit. Most African guys are hard workers and value education, IMHO. A stereotype, but a good one.

I wish them well but they were dead weight here and not likely to be contributing very much before their eligibility was used up. Frees up space to bring in a couple of guys who will be able to do more for our team.

I wish them well but they were dead weight here and not likely to be contributing very much before their eligibility was used up. Frees up space to bring in a couple of guys who will be able to do more for our team.
While I don't disagree with your opinion...that seems to be happening way too much for us. Martin evaluated, recruited and offered them scholarships....that doesn't give much hope for bringing in a couple more guys.

We seem to recruit the wrong type of one-and-done players.

Hopefully we have a rash of baseball players transferring this year toooo. Yippie

When I see a Gamecock player hustling and giving his all, I always like them. IMHO, Gueye was late to the sport but did hustle. He was a presence on defence, but did not have the footwork nor strength to excel this year inside the paint. I really believe he has the potential to become an outstanding defensive player. I think he would have helped us next year.

Wish him well. Glad he was a Gamecock and hope he finds a good match in his next school. Also, hope he finds a good academic match.

I admired Gueye's hustle as well. And he passed the eye test. A great-looking athlete. Unfortunately, after two years he just never developed the footwork, coordination and confidence needed to compete at this level. If anything, he seemed to have regressed this season.

Some projects pay off, some don't - especially big men. I wish this young man all the best.

While I don't disagree with your opinion...that seems to be happening way too much for us. Martin evaluated, recruited and offered them scholarships....that doesn't give much hope for bringing in a couple more guys.

We seem to recruit the wrong type of one-and-done players.
I don't really remember much about Gueye's recruitment but Doumbia had good offers and was rated a 4 star and his video looked good. It just didn't translate to success here. I hope they find more of a home on a smaller platform because they obviously can't cut it in the SEC. You have to realize that most high school players are recruited on potential and for whatever reason, these guys weren't able to develop into active contributors. I'd like to see some better players recruited and I think we will get better players as long as we continue to compete at an above average level. We don't have a lot of star power on our team right now but we're still light years ahead of where we were with Darren Horn. The only player Horn recruited that I would have loved to keep here was Gill who turned out to be a pretty good ball player.

Reactions: GandBinNC
If you're going to USC for free, your play deserves to be criticized.

Glad he's gone.

I don't disagree with your point. The bottom line is he did not produce at a level to warrant a scholarship. I am glad he is moving on too, both for him and for the program. I just thought your post was needlessly douchy.

To write "He's trash" is pretty harsh for a 20 year old kid out there hustling his butt off, who simply does not possess SEC level talent. Your post didn't criticize his play (which I agree, would have been legitimate, if not cheratable). You called him "trash". That's pathetic.

Have some class. Have some humanity. Can we simply set a baseline of decorum which includes avoiding petty, personal insults directed toward student athletes?

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT