ADVERTISEMENT

Happy with tanner as AD?

Happy with tanner as AD?

• Yes

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm waiting to see who he brings in and if Chad doesn't get us to the tournament or Omaha and what Ray does then. Jury is still out.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Scratch that, Chad better have us sniffing Omaha or IN Omaha this year or he's done. Getting bounced in the first round of the tournament won't cut it.

Who the hell knows? It will take a couple years to find out whether or not he will make a good hire.

He is quickly losing all good feeling he had built up here. Thus far he has been a disaster as AD. At this point I would gladly trade back those two CWS championships if we could also give back Ray as AD.

He is quickly losing all good feeling he had built up here. Thus far he has been a disaster as AD. At this point I would gladly trade back those two CWS championships if we could also give back Ray as AD.
That is a 3 sentence paragraph of total lack of emotional control and common sense.

Chill dude. You know nada yet. Do yourself a favor and let things fall into place before you judge so negatively.

Reactions: Pruittmatt44

That's a bad trade.

Seriously, this sums up the whole universe of stupid on this forum into one irresistible gravitational pull of a black hole. It has the force of so much stupidity it can bend light.

There are times when I think "I have heard it all", then I click on this board!!

Reactions: caigmaster
Well, so far what has Tanner done that can be looked at as an unqualified success during his time as AD? Prosecuting Hyman's plan doesn't count. Neither does extending Staley's contract. She was hired by Hyman.

Now that is a stupid statement. I'm assuming your trolling.

Baseball is not that important. I think we need to make the equestrian coach our next AD. I am sure Tanner is a nice guy but he has stumbled every time he has had to make choices as AD. So far as AD....he is looking like King Dixon. A nice man...loved the Gamecocks but could not pour piss out of a boot as an AD and also set the athletic dept. in cement for the better part of a decade.

Can we please let the guy choose a coach before you vote on whether you like his tenure or not. Good grief charlie brown.

I have no problem with Ray provided he lands a great coach. If he ends up hiring Elliott, I'll change my vote.

So far, we've seen SoCal promote an interim coach, VaTech hire Feunte, the LSU AD make a complete mess, and Smart apparently land his dream job at his alma mater. SoCal and UGA are "layups" with almost no coaching search. In fact, UGA obviously did all their work behind the scenes and planned to get rid of a 10-win/season coach in the process. LSU attempted a similar plan in going after Jimbo. But, Jimbo's rebuff left the LSU AD with egg on his face, and no plan B. Talk about getting completely played.

Unfortunately, we don't have an obvious choice. Elliott may have rallied the team, but did not win enough...the loss to Citadel was the dagger. We don't have a qualified alum waiting on the job. So, if it takes a while to get the right guy, so be it.

Reactions: GamecockArmy
Too early to tell. He may pull a rabbit out of the hat and hire a great coach. We really don't know what is going on and I will withhold judgment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT