ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Marquavius Lewis was injured in practice...

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
when he had an awkward collision with another player. I think they said it was something to with his liver of all things. I hope he recovers soon, and that there are no complications.

When I played soccer in high school, one time my goalkeeper came out and creamed a striker. The guy peeled himself off the turf and finished the game, but we found out later that he spent a couple days in the hospital with a lacerated liver. Don't know how you lacerate your liver in a collision, but apparently it happens, and it's really serious.

This post was edited on 3/18 6:15 PM by 4thgengamecock

Thanks for the correction. I think my hearing is going, and I'm only 50.

Originally posted by 4thgengamecock:
When I played soccer in high school, one time my goalkeeper came out and creamed a striker. The guy peeled himself off the turf and finished the game, but we found out later that he spent a couple days in the hospital with a lacerated liver. Don't know how you lacerate your liver in a collision, but apparently it happens, and it's really serious.

This post was edited on 3/18 6:15 PM by 4thgengamecock
You are right about the seriousness of the injury, but the good thing, if such an animal exists, is the liver has the remarkable ability to repair itself. I have heard stories of people that go on drinking binges having liver biopsies that look horrible, and a week or so of laying of the sauce returns the liver to normal function. I think Bryant will be fine with a little rest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT