ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit

Dingus MaGee

Apr 2, 2014
It was an NCAA violation to have him announcing the game last night. He spent the entire night talking about the culture at Clemson. The killer was when he talked about why Ross came to Bama,
"why go to Bama and not know who your position coach is gonna be when you can go to Clemson where they've only lost 3 coaches in 4 years". "That's good culture". If his son's are going there it's a conflict of interest to have him talk about Clempzon football from this point forward.

He just told the truth. Al.com talked about staff turnover today in dissecting where the two programs are at this point.

It was an NCAA violation to have him announcing the game last night. He spent the entire night talking about the culture at Clemson. The killer was when he talked about why Ross came to Bama,
"why go to Bama and not know who your position coach is gonna be when you can go to Clemson where they've only lost 3 coaches in 4 years". "That's good culture". If his son's are going there it's a conflict of interest to have him talk about Clempzon football from this point forward.

If any other future Clemson player’s father says the same thing at his job today, is that a violation? It sucks Herby promotes and loves Clemson. But there is a reason. They are the hottest thing in CFB. It blows...

No, not really... He has a job to do...

With that said.... Get ready to see ESPN-C next year and the next four years... Everything Orange named Clemson on the new ESPN channel....

Dabo will have his own ESPN Channel... ESPN-D...

If any other future Clemson player’s father says the same thing at his job today, is that a violation? It sucks Herby promotes and loves Clemson. But there is a reason. They are the hottest thing in CFB. It blows...

Good point but I see the OPs point too. I don’t have a national platform at work like he does. Recruits are tuned in watching that game so they could be influenced.

Reactions: USC2018
Are his kids any good or is this more of a you stratch my back and I’ll stratch yours situation? I had no idea he had two kids who could play at this level. Sounds like a genius marketing move. Gotta give Dabo credit. This is very very smart.

Are his kids any good or is this more of a you stratch my back and I’ll stratch yours situation? I had no idea he had two kids who could play at this level. Sounds like a genius marketing move. Gotta give Dabo credit. This is very very smart.

His twin sons are going to klemson as preferred walk-ons. He said:

"They're going there as preferred walk-ons and a big part of that has to do with the culture," Herbstreit said. "As a dad and as a broadcaster, I’ve been lucky enough to get behind the scenes at Clemson the last few years. I've been blown away by the culture that Dabo has created. It's not just Dabo. It's the entire staff — the secretaries, the trainers, the team doctors, the SID. It’s different when you go to Clemson and you need to go there to really see it and understand it."

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-Tigers-Kirk-Herbstreit-sons-walk-on-126967723/

They are walking on, twins...

But I don't know how good they are, maybe someone who know recruiting will tell us if they are really good....

But smart of Dabo... Free advertisement for Clemson in the next 4 - 5 years...

If Dabo smart, play them 4 games next year first big Game-Day game, another big Game-Day game and two play-off games, then red-shirt them for an extra year....

Truth be told, it must be difficult to have 1st year coordinators in a Championship game. Also difficult to play Monday night with several coaches who are leaving on Tuesday.

"They're going there as preferred walk-ons and a big part of that has to do with the culture," Herbstreit said. "As a dad and as a broadcaster, I’ve been lucky enough to get behind the scenes at Clemson the last few years. I've been blown away by the culture that Dabo has created. It's not just Dabo. It's the entire staff — the secretaries, the trainers, the team doctors, the SID. It’s different when you go to Clemson and you need to go there to really see it and understand it."

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-Tigers-Kirk-Herbstreit-sons-walk-on-126967723/
Sounds like a cult. Definitely a cult. The cult of Dabo.

Reactions: NetworkX and gcobob

I just threw up in my mouth. It burned a little. Thanks. Lol!!

Doesn't matter whether you agree or not. He's paid to be a broadcaster which means he's supposed to be unbiased. He was clearly not last night or any other time in the last year since Clemmers blasted him on Twitter for saying Clemson played a weak schedule. Also, a broadcaster, on a nationally televised game, who's kids are going to a particular school, should not be doing the game. It is a clear conflict of interest and in some way shape or form is an NCAA violation. As long as he's in the booth Clemson will receive preferential treatment.

Doesn't matter whether you agree or not. He's paid to be a broadcaster which means he's supposed to be unbiased. He was clearly not last night or any other time in the last year since Clemmers blasted him on Twitter for saying Clemson played a weak schedule. Also, a broadcaster, on a nationally televised game, who's kids are going to a particular school, should not be doing the game. It is a clear conflict of interest and in some way shape or form is an NCAA violation. As long as he's in the booth Clemson will receive preferential treatment.
Haha. You are plain stupid

The kids are walking on next fall...they are not at Clemson yet nor do they or have they or even have to sign any commitment document...maybe after they enroll he may not be able to call a Clemson game or mention that his sons play for Clemson.

We're getting outworked, out schemed, outcoached, ouplayed, out everythinged right now. If there's something cool that be used to recruit or sell the program, you can bet your ass well do it a few years later than everyone else.

We're getting outworked, out schemed, outcoached, ouplayed, out everythinged right now. If there's something cool that be used to recruit or sell the program, you can bet your ass well do it a few years later than everyone else.
We are getting beat to death, in the PR department, the media, and the back room deals!!:rolleyes::cool:

Reactions: NetworkX
Didn’t seem like preferential treatment when bama was getting their tails handed to them. Where is the outrage from everyone for the ESPN organization having SEC bias?? Have you guys even watched a broadcast lately?

Reactions: ddw1263
Jim Kelley’s nephews says hello. This could really bad once the spoiled kids don’t get their way.

Herbstreit's one more Ohio transplant, far as I'm concerned. Not that I blame them, but it's almost as if there aren't enough of 'em.

Herby was fluffing up the Taters and their Clown coach all night. I'm sure it ended in a Happy Ending for the Clown.

Reactions: NetworkX
Didn’t seem like preferential treatment when bama was getting their tails handed to them. Where is the outrage from everyone for the ESPN organization having SEC bias?? Have you guys even watched a broadcast lately?
I expect people who have a monetary investment in an entity to promote their financial interests. When they do that, it neither surprises me nor outrages me.

He just told the truth. Al.com talked about staff turnover today in dissecting where the two programs are at this point.

I just think that working for Nick gets old after a short while. Very demanding of his players and coaches and I'm sure he has the same standards for them as he does himself. That can be wearing. Dabo on the other hand is completely the opposite and I can see why he's had less turnover. Where things change is when your fan base has those expectations every year. That's when you have to be careful of losing your sense of self. Both have enough money to ride off into the sunset tomorrow and if they did, both programs will decline because of it.

It should be a conflict of interest. He is not objective and announcers should be.

It should be a conflict of interest. He is not objective and announcers should be.

He’s a colour analyst. With regards to the play-by-play announcer, he is equivalent to the editorialist for a newspaper vice the newswriter.

I just think that working for Nick gets old after a short while. Very demanding of his players and coaches and I'm sure he has the same standards for them as he does himself. That can be wearing. Dabo on the other hand is completely the opposite and I can see why he's had less turnover. Where things change is when your fan base has those expectations every year. That's when you have to be careful of losing your sense of self. Both have enough money to ride off into the sunset tomorrow and if they did, both programs will decline because of it.
Working for him also makes them more marketable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT