ADVERTISEMENT

Herman called Tanner

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
Gene Sapakoff on a call to Finebaum said Herman called Ray Tanner of South Carolina and was very interested in job. I assume this was before the hiring of Beamer.

• Haha
Reactions: NetworkX
How stupid would we have looked if we put our eggs in the Herman basket only to have him back out once Urban made up his mind?

Gene Sapakoff on a call to Finebaum said Herman called Ray Tanner of South Carolina and was very interested in job. I assume this was before the hiring of Beamer.
And before he found out he was keeping his job. His contract would have made it almost impo$$ible for us to hire him away... But if they fired him- then it doesn’t cost to get him obviously. Of course then we are hiring another coach fired from his stint with a major program... That would be too easy to attack! I don’t see how the hire made sense for anyone but Herman- IF he had been fired.. Now he gets to see who wants him when he gets fired after next season.

I can see Herman trying to get the h*** out of Texas after they publicly tried to replace him with Urban.

It would be cool if Beamer snatched Herman from Texas and put him on staff wherever his strength is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton7
That said I bet Tom Herman would have come IF Carolina would have met his buyout, which of course we would not do. Herman knows he is getting fired next year short of a Big 12 title.

If it happened, I hope Tanner politely told him to kick rocks.

That’s like the ex girlfriend that dumped you because she thought she could do better. She finds out she couldn’t and she wants to come back.

Depends on how hot she was .... Tom Herman not so much . He’s gotta feel like a deadman walking the next year or so .

Completely false. When asked to back it up, Sapakoff quickly changed his story. He knows nothing. Has no sources. He'd be perfect for professional message board gossip guy.

Reactions: redrogers
Herman's agents tricked us before in order to get a big raise....shame on Tanner if let him to it again. Tom Herman is where he wants to be and should stay put. Same with Kirby Smart who was coming here until Ga fired a coach, who had a better record than Kirby at Georgia. We just make coaches richer whether they come here or not.

Yep....here's the evidence.

peeweebigadventure_4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT