ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski Has Torn Meniscus and ACL and still played...

Year 5 and the QB outlook going into the spring may be worse than when he took over.
Like so many other units, "we're just too young..." In year 4 and 5, we're continually too young. And this will likely hamper RH in the offseason. I don't remember how it affected Watson, but he was already a once-a-decade talent, like a Clowney, except on offence.

I'm not a doctor either. All I can say is that if he was medically cleared to play then that's all that matters.
I can understand that. Being cleared is being cleared. Certainly dont understand why we would have him in as much as we did tho. I mean I've seen the coaches fold, yet he's still out there.

He was medically cleared to play, which tells you it was not significant.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but threads like this are what is wrong with the Internet.

This should ABSOLUTELY be grounds for termination. Muschamp makes me sick. Making guys play through injuries.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but threads like this are what is wrong with the Internet. The injury could have happened walking beck into the locker room or in high school based on the info in the tweet. Also, the injuries might not have shown up on an mri the first time. Lastly they might not be all that serious. I get y’all are done with Muschamp, but stick with the facts you know and just wish the boy a speedy recovery.

Reactions: FJRTiger
How does a team go through 3 QBs in a season due to injury? That has to be rare. We would have been down to urich if we had not played Ryan. There is something weird about the amount of injuries the last 2 years. We can be told it is normal for all teams but not all teams are starting walk ons on defense at end of season due to so many injuries and then next season being down to 4th string QB among other things.

Yes, our fans flipped about Watson beating us on one leg, as if they were concerned about his health. Fans just freak out when they hear "ACL" but the fact is as you say, it depends on if playing carries the risk of worsening the injury.

Hilinski absolutely HAD to be medically cleared to play. That's all that matters. If you're cleared, you're cleared. It's not a matter of "well, he was cleared to play but he shouldn't have been out there." That's not a category. You're either cleared to play or not cleared to play. Period.

He never passed the eye test. Dude hobbled everywhere visibly, and had NO mobility.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but threads like this are what is wrong with the Internet.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but threads like this are what is wrong with the Internet. The injury could have happened walking beck into the locker room or in high school based on the info in the tweet. Also, the injuries might not have shown up on an mri the first time. Lastly they might not be all that serious. I get y’all are done with Muschamp, but stick with the facts you know and just wish the boy a speedy recovery.

Dude's had a limp since UGA. C'mon, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what's going on.

Eye test is not a medical evaluation.

It's an evaluation of ability. A medical evaluation isn't going to say "Well he's not mobile, so he's more prone to get sacked and get another injury circumstantially related". But any layman will know this is a distinct possibility, and would sit that QB.

The issue for me is that just about everyone could tell that RH was injured. The difference in his accuracy after Bama was telling. I said myself on here several times he was injured, as did a large number of you. If he was cleared, fine. But I ask again: you know he is injured, so when games were clearly over, why was DJ and JU not getting reps? Even if RH was not injured they should have been getting reps in those situations. Even more so since he was injured.

People are in a feeding frenzy now. But if this wasn't known it should have been known. And with Joyner at QB due to the top two quarterbacks being out with injuries, Muschamp wouldn't have caught near the grief he has caught over the offense.
It was known to anyone with any sense. I have been saying it since the Bama game. Then he got absolutely blasted over and over in the Mizzou and UGA games.

Reactions: king ward
High 4 star backing up a High 4 star with a 3rd string 4 star..... It's much better..
It’s too bad the results have to be on the field and not the recruiting numbers. They could all be 5 stars and based on what we’ve seen to this point it’s much worse.

It’s too bad the results have to be on the field and not the recruiting numbers. They could all be 5 stars and based on what we’ve seen to this point it’s much worse.
. We have more talent at QB, including Doty, than we have ever had on campus...... Maybe Garcia and Shaw but that's as deep as that goes.... We are set at QB for some time....

My daughter just had her third surgery for a torn meniscus. I can tell you that she has been constantly in pain. Even if there wasn't a risk of him injuring it further, the pain he had to be enduring surely made him lose a few steps. You could clearly see that the last 5 games. He just wasn't the same guy he was at the beginning of the season.

. We have more talent at QB, including Doty, than we have ever had on campus...... Maybe Garcia and Shaw but that's as deep as that goes.... We are set at QB for some time....
Games aren’t won on talent. At this point there is nothing on the field to support this group is better. Two of them are playing WR, one can’t throw a football more than 5 yards downfield and the other is still in HS.

Without a line we are screwed. And I don’t see one of those yet.

Games aren’t won on talent. At this point there is nothing on the field to support this group is better. Two of them are playing WR, one can’t throw a football more than 5 yards downfield and the other is still in HS.
Exaggerate much.... Hilinski can throw it 70... Who is it that can't throw it 5 yards down field.... I'm anxious to hear this one...

Talent is there man..... Just got to get competent coaching..

Reactions: Zann77
Exaggerate much.... Hilinski can throw it 70... Who is it that can't throw it 5 yards down field.... I'm anxious to hear this one...

Fully healthy- he probably can. But With his elbow injury, and from the amount of completions he had after the Georgia game, most were thrown no farther than 10-15 yards. I would think some of that had to do with the elbow bothering him...

Fully healthy- he probably can. But With his elbow injury, and from the amount of completions he had after the Georgia game, most were thrown no farther than 10-15 yards. I would think some of that had to do with the elbow bothering him...
I know... I'm just arguing the fact that the Dizzy fella says all our QBs suck....that's all.... It gets old

You acknowledged below that Hillinski hasn’t provided any down field threat so why try to pretend here it isn’t true? We don’t know for sure how much of it is potential elbow injury or just not accurate down field.

In terms of the other ones the stars mean nothing. Mitchell and Mitch were both highly rated but Thompson and Shaw were not. We don’t know what Joyner and Ulrich can do on the field and I doubt we’re going to get a chance to see if here. If the coaches decided a QB with a bum arm and bum leg was a better choice than either of them then you have to accept either they aren’t the answer or the coaches are just terrible.

While I absolutely believe the coaches are terrible I also don’t think it’s out of the question they aren’t ready to light it up either.

In the end if you don’t produce on the field all the talent in the world means nothing.

Talent is there man..... Just got to get competent coaching..
Mentioned above but Connor Mitch played for the same QB coaches as Shaw and Thompson but didn’t produce on the field but was rated higher than either of them recruiting wise. Stars are great but they don’t always equate production.

Reactions: Flameout12
I know... I'm just arguing the fact that the Dizzy fella says all our QBs suck....that's all.... It gets old
Never said they sucked. I said there is zero evidence they are any better than the QBs that were on he field during Muschamp’s first year here. In fact there may be evidence it isn’t true since 3 out of the 4 that played for him produced more than the current crop has.

Reactions: Flameout12
Makes me wonder if there's anyone on staff that's capable of going to Muschamp and saying so and so is ready when its apparent an injured player should be sidelined. I was an assistant for a long time and that was kinda part of my job. Head coach gets so involved in the game, you gotta make sure he's seeing everything. Seems like there's a failure across the board... unless he just blows everyone off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT