ADVERTISEMENT

How can a team in a conference like the SEC win 24 games and not make the dance?**

THIS MAKES ME SICK! Was there anything the SEC could have done to help us get into the dance but didn't? I doubt it but am looking for a place to lay the blame. Sad.

Had we beat everyone you think we should have we would have been. 31-1. We also beat teams we shouldn't have. AM , arkanss, and Mississippi on the road. The SEC was ranked the no 1 confrence for teams winning at home. It's ok to admit we deserved to get in.

Ditto. Sorry you play in a dumpster fire of a football conference and establish your self worth by coming on a USC web site and posting antagonistic drivel. Why don't you log on the little farm school's site and post there.

I can post on more than one site.

Only one being antagonistic here is you.

You are the one attacking others not me.

Yep we were shitty but not the reason your OOC was terrible
Disagree! Clempson continued to drag our RPI down and they were a part of our OOC. Point of the schedule is several of the teams we scheduled were projected to be good this year but did not pan out. We did not set out to schedule a weak OOC but we are being punished for it.

The committee uses out of conference schedules as the normalizing variable between leagues and teams. When you play one of the worst schedules in the country, you're eliminating a potential positive in your favor. As a result, all the committee has to go on is USC's conference record... Which was only decent in a bad conference. In other words, decent team in a bad conference. Unlikely to make the field.

The committee uses out of conference schedules as the normalizing variable between leagues and teams. When you play one of the worst schedules in the country, you're eliminating a potential positive in your favor. As a result, all the committee has to go on is USC's conference record... Which was only decent in a bad conference. In other words, decent team in a bad conference. Unlikely to make the field.

Wrong. Reason most of these teams are in over us is TV markets. Easy for the committee to justify keeping any team in or out since the target moves every year for what they are looking for.

Wrong. Reason most of these teams are in over us is TV markets. Easy for the committee to justify keeping any team in or out since the target moves every year for what they are looking for.
I'm not sure TV markets for individuals teams mean a whole lot in one of the most watched sporting events...in fact, I still think it is the most watched in college sports. Makes no sense.

That's absurd. This isn't the NBA finals or the World Series. The tournament is a huge money maker no matter who is playing.

The committee has been clear. OOC maters, because it helps them sort out conferences and teams.

So how do you explain the "rocket science" of Vandy? Same conference record and we beat them head to head.
How were they looking at the end compared to how we were looking? This wasn't about December and January; it was about late February and early March.

How were they looking at the end compared to how we were looking? This wasn't about December and January; it was about late February and early March.
i thought one of the committee members on espn said had something to do with top 50 wins....not sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT