ADVERTISEMENT

How did our momentum fade?

Finishing 4th in the East in recruiting, and lack of elite talent from the transfer Portal. Isn't getting us any closer to winning the East. I had high hopes the way finished the season. It's one step forward, two steps back.
Really? Seems you just want something to bitch about. Enjoy...

And according to Beamer this morning we have arrived and are making history with every step we take.
Please tell me he didnt really say that. If so, that is concerning to say the least. I dont know if it's unprofessional, immature, insecure or what. Dumb for sure.

Really? Seems you just want something to bitch about. Enjoy...
I've been keeping up with recruiting for years. If you show me a team that's won a SEC championship, that usually finishes 4th in their division in recruiting. I could see your joy in this class.

I've been keeping up with recruiting for years. If you show me a team that's won a SEC championship, that usually finishes 4th in their division in recruiting.
How many teams that we finished behind last recruiting cycle beat us? 0
How many teams that we finished behind last recruiting cycle did we beat? 4

I'll take wins & Top 20 rankings over recruiting rankings any day.

How many teams that we finished behind last recruiting cycle beat us? 0
How many teams that we finished behind last recruiting cycle did we beat? 4

I'll take wins & Top 20 rankings over recruiting rankings any day.

What? We didn't lose to UGA, Missouri, or Arkansas this year?

Yall can wanna win the SEC all you want. Good luck with that. Bigger priority is finishing the season in the top 10 now. Almost did it this year and it was an ugly year for the most part. Very attainable. That's what is gonna fix our recruiting... something we can actually do at this point. Make the 12 team playoffs. Nothing else matters. Times have changed, winning the SEC is not the next step for us.

Last edited:
Yall can wanna win the SEC all you want. Good luck with that. Bigger priority is finishing the season in the top 10 now. Almost did it this year and it was an ugly year for the most part. Very attainable. That's what is gonna fix our recruiting... something we can actually do at this point. Make the 12 team playoffs. Nothing else matters.

We will find out what we truly have with Beamer this next year.

If he can maintain or improve on the 8-4 I may be wrong about him.

We will find out what we truly have with Beamer this next year.

If he can maintain or improve on the 8-4 I may be wrong about him.
It could work out well, it may not. Who knows? I do know our new OC has this year and next to get what he needs out of the portal or wherever to get what he needs to implement and make his offense work. Everything could fall in to place to be on the ground floor when the 12 team playoff starts... or not. Lol

Never underestimate Beamer's recruiting.

Might I ask, are you pleased or impressed with Beamers recruiting thus far? To be fair, to both of us, please don't include your opinions on the Portal (I, personally, believe the Portal has already ended College Football so, I'll admit I CAN NOT BE OBJECTIVE THERE.) but, I am sincerely interested in your thoughts on how Beamer is doing recruiting potential College Football players, not mercenaries.

Players transfer out, others transfer in. If they don’t want to stay here, have a good life. If they want to come here, welcome.

To the naysayers, the glass is always half empty and draining. To those who are positive and have some belief, the glass is half full and filling. I am glad Beamer is the latter regardless of many in the Gamecock fan base. Who’d want a whining coach?

Finishing 4th in the East in recruiting, and lack of elite talent from the transfer Portal. Isn't getting us any closer to winning the East. I had high hopes the way finished the season. It's one step forward, two steps back.

“coaching 'em up” or “Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?" ~ SOS​

Yall can wanna win the SEC all you want. Good luck with that. Bigger priority is finishing the season in the top 10 now. Almost did it this year and it was an ugly year for the most part. Very attainable. That's what is gonna fix our recruiting... something we can actually do at this point. Make the 12 team playoffs. Nothing else matters. Times have changed, winning the SEC is not the next step for us.
Almost?

It could work out well, it may not. Who knows? I do know our new OC has this year and next to get what he needs out of the portal or wherever to get what he needs to implement and make his offense work. Everything could fall in to place to be on the ground floor when the 12 team playoff starts... or not. Lol

I mean we committed to three years with the OC so he’s definitely not going anywhere after next year. But we are in a world of trouble if his offense stutters and Rattler is still here next year. It will get toxic in Columbia very fast.

What’s the point of this? I graduated from Carolina and have had this account for more than 20 years.

This just highlights how toxic our fanbase is right now.

“coaching 'em up” or “Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?" ~ SOS​

Once you get them, you have to talk good about them. You know how spoiled they are. If you hurt there feelings, they’ll leave or pout.

Good possibility if we took care of business against a very beatable UF and Mizzou. Add to that two top 10 wins and I say yes, almost... just weren't quite good enough.

Last edited:
Good possibility if we took care of business against a very beatable UF and Mizzou. Add to that two top 10 wins and I say yes, almost... just weren't quite good enough.
Understand your logic but using that same logic, a lot of teams could say that. Ifs and buts

Maybe that recruiting is why we never played in a major bowl game. Or the one time we went to Atlanta we got blowed out, which is still the record for worst margin of defeat.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Almost??? We Finished 19th.

Almost??? We Finished 19th.
19th out of how many teams? Yeah that's pretty close to top 10.
I really didnt want to get in to the if, ands or buts of last season. That wasnt my intent. We had some dumb losses against some bad teams.

Because while the two upsets to end the season were a lot of fun, we were really a 4-8 team that got lucky this year.

I have a feeling in 2025 or 2026 we'll look back and think, "Wow.Beamer was the luckiest coach in the world in 2021 and 2022 to have so many opponents fall apart against him."
Damn........you think we were lucky to beat two top 10 teams in a row. Maybe we underperformed in at least 3 games before week 10......#glasshalfemptyguy!

The negativity is unfathomable.......out of 131 teams, you think being #20 or 21 is not good?.....If we went 11-1, there would be folks on here talking bout firing the coach and how lucky we were to win 10 of those 11 games.....#wowjustwow!

Reactions: stu1cocks
Because while the two upsets to end the season were a lot of fun, we were really a 4-8 team that got lucky this year.

I have a feeling in 2025 or 2026 we'll look back and think, "Wow.Beamer was the luckiest coach in the world in 2021 and 2022 to have so many opponents fall apart against him."
That's funny I looked back at your posts and you look like such a loser. All this is to find cover for yourself and all your buddies who were wrong. You look as bad NOW as you predict he will look in three to four years. Please y'all just go away. If we won a national championship here is what you and your boys would say, "Everybody on this bandwagon is gonna look stupid when we barely have a winning record next year". Please, go away.

Well bac to the orginal question how did our momentum fade, i don’t see how you can even ask that! Vegas had us at 3.5 wins last year, we went to a bowl game and won with a hodgepodge of qb’s throughout the season, not a terrible recruiting class and above avg. in portal transfers that’s momentum in my book! Vegas had us at 5.5 wins this year, after mizzouu and uf, the odds of us winning 7 was an extreme longshot and we go and win 8 and knock out two top 10 possible cfp team, that’s momentum too me and now we have a top 20 recruiting class higher than several sec programs that are perceived to be much better programs than us for a while, looks like they could out recruit us, but beamer just keeps working and exceeding expectations, that looks like momentum too me!

That's funny I looked back at your posts and you look like such a loser. All this is to find cover for yourself and all your buddies who were wrong. You look as bad NOW as you predict he will look in three to four years. Please y'all just go away. If we won a national championship here is what you and your boys would say, "Everybody on this bandwagon is gonna look stupid when we barely have a winning record next year". Please, go away.

Claiming victory now because you don't feel confident we will close it out in the long run?

Hey OP....we regressed so bad it made it possible to get one of our best classes ever!!

Hey OP....we regressed so bad it made it possible to get one of our best classes ever!!

I don't think this is really one of the best ever. I started in the early 2000's, where the rivals site started keeping track, and those were a bit higher.

This is a couple spots above our norm though.

I don't think this is really one of the best ever. I started in the early 2000's, where the rivals site started keeping track, and those were a bit higher.

This is a couple spots above our norm though.

Likewise, I've been following recruiting heavily since that first class of 2002 on Rivals. I remember being in high school and my buddy who had a computer class passed me a note that Ricardo Hurley had signed that afternoon.

I just don't ever remember our fans being as disingenuous about current state of affairs as they've been at the moment. Everyone keeps saying we're doing great at everything almost to the point of being a caricature. I don't know if it's because Clemson had such a good run or what, but I never remember it being this bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT