ADVERTISEMENT

How did our momentum fade?

Likewise, I've been following recruiting heavily since that first class of 2002 on Rivals. I remember being in high school and my buddy who had a computer class passed me a note that Ricardo Hurley had signed that afternoon.

I just don't ever remember our fans being as disingenuous about current state of affairs as they've been at the moment. Everyone keeps saying we're doing great at everything almost to the point of being a caricature. I don't know if it's because Clemson had such a good run or what, but I never remember it being this bad.

I remember Hurley! And I think there was a highly rated juco LB in that same class? I want to say Darrel Slay?

Reactions: uscwatson21
The clemsuck offense wasn’t that great in the game last year but they blew us up so bad physically we didn’t have a chance to score. This year by the second quarter it was a stalemate. The last two quarters were dominated by the Gamecocks. Anyone that can’t see that is likely a delusional tater. I’ll take the progress we have so far and hopefully it gets even better.

The clemsuck offense wasn’t that great in the game last year but they blew us up so bad physically we didn’t have a chance to score. This year by the second quarter it was a stalemate. The last two quarters were dominated by the Gamecocks. Anyone that can’t see that is likely a delusional tater. I’ll take the progress we have so far and hopefully it gets even better.

But why did we dominate the second half? I'd argue it was because their QB play was awful.

The problem is even with dominating the second half, had they not fumbled the PR they were two first downs away from being in FG position to win the game.

If they find a QB that can throw a forward pass it's had to think we will be favorites against them next year. That's not quite the same as 2014 when we kind of new the tide in the rivalry had turned after they beat us.

That tide started with a missed field goal all those years ago. You are typical of why I hate clemsuck so bad. Coaches, players, and inbreed fans never take their loss without the ifs and buts. I saw domination the whole second half by the Gamecocks but we dug a hole in the first half. I never heard one team apologize for beating us with all the QB issues we had last year. Our defense was a part of the reason he sucked. We were better at QB, Receiver, Defensive Back, and by far Special Teams. I would rate the Offensive Lines even. I’ll give the tards the advantage at RB, LB, and slightly at DL. Coaching was about even. Go get on your own damn board and suck Dabo’s nuts. This is my only response to you but as bad as you want clemsuck to win it’s not going to happen every year sport.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
That tide started with a missed field goal all those years ago. You are typical of why I hate clemsuck so bad. Coaches, players, and inbreed fans never take their loss without the ifs and buts. I saw domination the whole second half by the Gamecocks but we dug a hole in the first half. I never heard one team apologize for beating us with all the QB issues we had last year. Our defense was a part of the reason he sucked. We were better at QB, Receiver, Defensive Back, and by far Special Teams. I would rate the Offensive Lines even. I’ll give the tards the advantage at RB, LB, and slightly at DL. Coaching was about even. Go get on your own damn board and suck Dabo’s nuts. This is my only response to you but as bad as you want clemsuck to win it’s not going to happen every year sport.

The fact you're calling me a Clemson fan just speaks about how toxic our fanbase has become the last few years. Puffing out your chest and calling others names just makes us look bad.

I'm not sure why you guys are so committed to making us look like little brothers.

Hey OP....we regressed so bad it made it possible to get one of our best classes ever!!
Is it? This about normal unless a HC change, 4th in the east around 7th or 8th in the SEC. Our best class ever was the Chris Culver class in 07.

Is it? This about normal unless a HC change, 4th in the east around 7th or 8th in the SEC. Our best class ever was the Chris Culver class in 07.
I think it’s an above average class considering everyone and their brother looks at us as a doormat! And now they say, how is SC doing that? And I believe it’s Coach Beamer’s work ethic and determination to be better. Momentum!

The fact you're calling me a Clemson fan just speaks about how toxic our fanbase has become the last few years. Puffing out your chest and calling others names just makes us look bad.

I'm not sure why you guys are so committed to making us look like little brothers.
You are. Its obvious to every real fan. Ur not one of us. You would be much more welcomed at taternet. But i guess you enjoy the attention even if its negative. Kindof like my 3 yr old grandaughter

As far as ratings it is not our best class....but ratings mean nothing....we have a lot of players coming in that are studs!

Save your breath.....we beat UT and Clemsux back to back, and the woe is me crowd can't be happy for more than 8 hours.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Claiming victory now because you don't feel confident we will close it out in the long run?
What?! I called you out for being such a whiner and coward for always hating on my gamecocks. I am claiming nothing I am just describing you and your poor evaluation skills. Your lack of intelligence is only magnified by your deflection. Please, you are not the smartest person in the room by a long shot. You are just full of it more than most, and that is saying a lot on this board.

Our last recruiting class under Muschamp finished 18th with two 5-star players and 4 players inside rivals 250.

The idea that Beamer is recruiting better than we have before he took over hopeful more than realistic.
Try again.

Why do you guys always resort to this type of thinking? Why would I want Beamer to fail?

I want him to prove me wrong, I just don't think he will. I'm scared of where we are heading the next 2-3 years and will leave us an even bigger hole to dig ourselves out.
Sure you do

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT