ADVERTISEMENT

How in the World....

importcock

Aug 28, 2007
How in the world can these people be smart enough to, A. win two national championships in baseball, B. Rise to the level of General in the US Army, C. Make the kind of money it takes to become major donors and D. Achieve enough clout to be appointed to the board of a major university, and still be STUPID enough to say Beamer should be our next head coach? This is a serious question. I truly can't understand it. Last time we were hiring we got played and had to fall back to a loser for our hire. This time we had options. Two potential coaches with a track records of success and a combined record of 19-1 this season, and we go with a career journeyman assistant with no coordinator or head coaching experience. I truly hope I'm wrong and this works out for us. And I have nothing against Beamer. I'd love for him to be on our staff again. But not as head coach. He could have been our assistant head coach and a position coach or recruiting coordinator and heck call him coach in waiting or something. They say it's better to be lucky than good. And if this turns out to be a good hire after the fact it's entirely luck. Nothing at this point validates this as a good hire. It's a stupid hire based on the information available at this point in time. We had already become the laughing stock of college football with Muschamp and now we've cemented that with this hire. I just don't understand it. At least you young people can hope to see us turn around again some day. At 62 I've now lost any hope of ever seeing us be winners again. Maybe I'll get lucky and live to be 80. I hope they have sports channels at the old folks home.

How in the world can these people be smart enough to, A. win two national championships in baseball, B. Rise to the level of General in the US Army, C. Make the kind of money it takes to become major donors and D. Achieve enough clout to be appointed to the board of a major university, and still be STUPID enough to say Beamer should be our next head coach? This is a serious question. I truly can't understand it. Last time we were hiring we got played and had to fall back to a loser for our hire. This time we had options. Two potential coaches with a track records of success and a combined record of 19-1 this season, and we go with a career journeyman assistant with no coordinator or head coaching experience. I truly hope I'm wrong and this works out for us. And I have nothing against Beamer. I'd love for him to be on our staff again. But not as head coach. He could have been our assistant head coach and a position coach or recruiting coordinator and heck call him coach in waiting or something. They say it's better to be lucky than good. And if this turns out to be a good hire after the fact it's entirely luck. Nothing at this point validates this as a good hire. It's a stupid hire based on the information available at this point in time. We had already become the laughing stock of college football with Muschamp and now we've cemented that with this hire. I just don't understand it. At least you young people can hope to see us turn around again some day. At 62 I've now lost any hope of ever seeing us be winners again. Maybe I'll get lucky and live to be 80. I hope they have sports channels at the old folks home.
I identify with you and feel exactly what you're going through. I'm 68.

Man that’s a sad post. Hang in there oldtimer, I’m rooting for ya

Reactions: importcock
And once again Ray was only competing with himself on this candidate. No one else wanted Muschamp, nobody was knocking on Beamer’s door either.

Sexton makes Ray his punk yet again.
Someone with great photoshop skills should take a still shot of when Ned Beatty was being sodomized in Deliverance and put Tanner's face on Beatty and Sexton's face on the hillbilly. Squeal like a pig Ray!

• Haha
Reactions: JamesRob
Man that’s a sad post. Hang in there oldtimer, I’m rooting for ya
Thankfully now that my wife and I have a vacation place in the NC mountains I have lots of other options on Saturdays. If this happened 15 years ago I'd have been a lot worse off.

Reactions: JamesRob
How in the world can these people be smart enough to, A. win two national championships in baseball, B. Rise to the level of General in the US Army, C. Make the kind of money it takes to become major donors and D. Achieve enough clout to be appointed to the board of a major university, and still be STUPID enough to say Beamer should be our next head coach?
There is irony in your question. The answer is; the same way you are qualified to declare Beamer as a bad hire. This whole argument about good choice/bad choice reminds me too much of the argument about whether Trump should have been president. There didn't always appear to be a good basis for the argument.

Surely the think tank of Stephen Garcia and Melvin Ingram outweigh A,B,C and D

Looks like I get hang my hopes in future 8-4 teams. At this point it's whatever we don't have proper management to get us where we need to go. BOT needed to be told no. Ray is terrible at closing deals which is why will never win here. I used to believe we could be good after Spurior. I know know that was a flash in the pan. Here's to 10 more years of self pity while Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Miss, Old Miss continue to drag us ten yards down field. While watching more glorious 3 and outs. Add that more negative kicks. Fumbles and everything else to choke my hope of a better day.

There is irony in your question. The answer is; the same way you are qualified to declare Beamer as a bad hire. This whole argument about good choice/bad choice reminds me too much of the argument about whether Trump should have been president. There didn't always appear to be a good basis for the argument.

Some things are too obvious to ignore. Beamer is a poor hire. If it comes out that Beamer has no buyout clause it makes it even worse. How do you get good coordinators when you are on a short leash. What a dolt move by Ray.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Some things are too obvious to ignore. Beamer is a poor hire. If it comes out that Beamer has no buyout clause it makes it even worse. How do you get good coordinators when you are on a short leash. What a dolt move by Ray.
It's too easy to take your approach. A very high percentage of head football coach hires are unsuccessful. Be bold, be courageous, support the hire. You really only have 2 choices now.

Brilliant!!!

Reactions: importcock
And Biden was? What a F*** joke.

It's too easy to take your approach. A very high percentage of head football coach hires are unsuccessful. Be bold, be courageous, support the hire. You really only have 2 choices now.

I am being bold. You are asking me to close my eyes to incompetence. I was hoping it would be Caldwell. This is a dunderheaded hire. Dolt move. We have a clueless AD. Not fair to the fans. So much hope is dashed.

I identify with you and feel exactly what you're going through. I'm 68.

I'll be 76 in January and longevity does not run in my family. So, I won't be around to see the football team be the kind of winners that SOS coached. That is why I have become a huge women's basketball fan! LOL!

However, when our football team does win that first NC someone please look up towards the Heavens and say "Freddie.B.Cocky your boys did it".

Last edited:
Someone with great photoshop skills should take a still shot of when Ned Beatty was being sodomized in Deliverance and put Tanner's face on Beatty and Sexton's face on the hillbilly. Squeal like a pig Ray!
You can likely satisfy your desires for such erotica with a google search for men loving men.

Common guys. I am 65 and plan to be in Houston in 2024 for the Natty. Let’s give this a chance.
Hope Is a good thing.

Hopefully they will play the 5 years in a row we beat Clemson over, over and over. With luck we won’t know what year it is and we can celebrate every day.

Cheap BOT. We're going to suck until the BOT and Ray have changed hands. I thought Clausen was an agent of change. Just wait until he is tasked to replacdl

Reactions: The Gadfly
You're the one who requested a homoerotic video photoshopped and posted here.
I think you missed the point. That being that Ray got "screwed" by Jimmy Sexton again. I think you took it a little too literally.

I'm not terribly confident in this hire. We took a big chance on Muschamp last time because everyone thought he had had learned his lesson. The same people who were wrong about that 5 years ago have taken another risk. Instead of reaching higher and hiring a successful head coach we are taking another chance on an unproven man.

I think you missed the point. That being that Ray got "screwed" by Jimmy Sexton again. I think you took it a little too literally.
Well, let's hope so. Not that I'll ever judge a guy for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT