ADVERTISEMENT

Hugh Freeze new HC at Liberty

Back in business!

s0vymNt.gif

I was never clear if Freeze was...ummm...how do I say... trying procure dates for himself or recruits.

Don't think Liberty would hire him, if he was trying to hook up recruits. I guess I have my answer now.

Please. I always love it when the folks come out that want to trash the sins of another. Yea, they cheated at Ole Miss. To think it has never been done in Columbia is extremely niave. Every college message board is the same. If anybody is better than us, it is because they are cheating. And Freeze ran around with women. Well I hate to break it to you, but if you fired every coach in this country that strayed from the marital bed, you would not have a lot of familiar names left standing on the sidelines.

Please. I always love it when the folks come out that want to trash the sins of another. Yea, they cheated at Ole Miss. To think it has never been done in Columbia is extremely niave. Every college message board is the same. If anybody is better than us, it is because they are cheating. And Freeze ran around with women. Well I hate to break it to you, but if you fired every coach in this country that strayed from the marital bed, you would not have a lot of familiar names left standing on the sidelines.

To me, it's more about the slef-righteous image that Freeze put out there. His twitter feed is filled with Bible verses and family stuff. No one is perfect, and I am quick to forgive, but this guy is such a phony. He will probably fit in well at that Bob Jones school.

Disappointed but not surprised by this move. Liberty stopped being a Biblical conservative University some time back (as many others have).
Calling people hypocrites however is silly. No one is perfect thats why I and others need Christ. if I was perfect I wouldn’t have any need of being saved.
Liberty is and always will be way more Liberal than me!

Reactions: Brace1 and 92Pony

On the spectrum of institutions of higher learning, from conservative to liberal, what university would you put to the right of Jerry Falwell U (aka Liberty). I’m not an expert here for sure, so I’m truly asking. Maybe Bob Jones?

If Liberty is too liberal, does this mean people need to start homeschooling their kids all the way through 4 years of college now to make sure they are never exposed to progressive thinking?

Disappointed but not surprised by this move. Liberty stopped being a Biblical conservative University some time back (as many others have).
Calling people hypocrites however is silly. No one is perfect thats why I and others need Christ. if I was perfect I wouldn’t have any need of being saved.
Not their law school graduates. Wow, just wow at some of them.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Cheating on his wife, cheating in his profession, using state time and resources to secure prostitutes. Lied repeatedly when confronted with facts including credit card and phone records.
Proclaiming himself a righteous and moral leader of coaches and youth.

Spiritual corruption, dishonesty in personal relationships, spiritual arrogance and hypocrisy..... and Liberty thinks that it is a great fit.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
On the spectrum of institutions of higher learning, from conservative to liberal, what university would you put to the right of Jerry Falwell U (aka Liberty). I’m not an expert here for sure, so I’m truly asking. Maybe Bob Jones?

If Liberty is too liberal, does this mean people need to start homeschooling their kids all the way through 4 years of college now to make sure they are never exposed to progressive thinking?
Progressive to you, but who makes that standard?
I would say on the verge of indoctrination in some areas.
I was speaking in the area of Christian standards though. As far as education in a certain area a person needs to go to a school that helps them obtain the goals they have. If I wanted a international business degree I would go to USC.

Reactions: Brace1
I was speaking in the area of Christian standards though. As far as education in a certain area a person needs to go to a school that helps them obtain the goals they have. If I wanted a international business degree I would go to USC.
What has Liberty done that makes it too liberal?

Last edited:
It's such a weird mindset with people who are adamant about giving Hugh Freeze the benefit of the doubt. You know those people who are saying, "Go easy on Hugh" would rather have someone with his character as head coach rather than someone who supported players that kneeled during the anthem. Such a Boys Club.

It's such a weird mindset with people who are adamant about giving Hugh Freeze the benefit of the doubt. You know those people who are saying, "Go easy on Hugh" would rather have someone with his character as head coach rather than someone who supported players that kneeled during the anthem. Such a Boys Club.
I disagree with both those, but Liberty doesn’t care what I think and neither do those that kneel.

So what alternative schools are more conservative than Liberty?

And I know the words “progressive” and “liberal” are naughty trigger words for so many today. To me it’s not about political issues only, but is a way of thinking which fortunately has been fostered at our great universities. Being open to new ideas and not so rigid that you shut out science and provable facts because they fail to fit in a predetermined world view.

Last edited:
So what alternative schools are more conservative than Liberty?

And I know the words “progressive” and “liberal” are naughty trigger words for so many today. To me it’s not about political issues only, but is a way of thinking which fortunately has been fostered at our great universities. Being open to new ideas and not so rigid that you shut out science and provable facts because they fail to fit in a predetermined world view.
I think if you go to Liberty to study chemistry, you'll come away knowing chemistry.

That would be your prerogative, but it's a legitimate school that's faith based. They handle science the same way Notre Dame handles science.

Notre Dame appears to allow their professors and scholars to rely on accepted science and not force them to comply with myths.

Teach the controversy" is a bad idea, at least in science classes, says Gary Belovsky, Notre Dame professor of biology. "In the classroom, we don't give alternatives to gravity, do we?" he asks rhetorically. "We don't, because gravity is the accepted scientific explanation. Among established biologists, evolution is the accepted scientific explanation." To present alternatives that have long ago been rejected would be counter to the scientific process, he asserts. "It implies evolution is really questionable, when in fact the weight of the evidence has been overwhelmingly in its favor."

https://magazine.nd.edu/news/questions-that-won-t-go-away-darwin-and-intelligent-design/

Apologies to all for the thread creep. 30 posts ago this was about football and Hugh Freeze. Oops. I bear some of the responsibility. :rolleyes:

That would be your prerogative, but it's a legitimate school that's faith based. They handle science the same way Notre Dame handles science.
No they don’t, as an example check out teachings on creation and evolution. I am sure you can get a very good education at Liberty as you can at 100’s of colleges and universities across the country. But what is included in a degree from Liberty is a worldview that has strengths and blind spots.

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
No they don’t, as an example check out teachings on creation and evolution. I am sure you can get a very good education at Liberty as you can at 100’s of colleges and universities across the country. But what is included in a degree from Liberty is a worldview that has strengths and blind spots.
All world views have blind spots, just as all people have biases. As for Liberty, they teach the sciences in a way that makes their graduates competent in those disciplines.

All reasoning is circular. To declare evolution as a “proven science” instead of a theory is intellectually inconsistent.
My belief that the world was not created by evolution requires the same faith that your belief it came from nothing in a explosion.
Getting back to the thread, I disagree with what Liberty did but since I’m not affiliated with them that’s all I can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT