ADVERTISEMENT

I believe next year is a "must" win for Muschamp....

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
against Clemson.... even if he goes 7-5 or 8-4 next year... It's a must win... The only way that loss Clemson won't be bad, if he ended up in the SEC Championship game...

The game is at home, Muschamp will have a killer offense coming back and he needs a signature win at home...

I remember when back in 1986, I was at a Christmas Party and meet up with Tommy Suggs... We were talking about JoMo and something he said made me take notice...

He said at the time, if Joe Morrison didn't win next year and beat Clemson, he would be out... At the time BOT was losing patiences with Coach Morrison and wanted to a winning season and not the 5-6 and 3-6-2 seasons with losses to Clemson...

Carlen won his 1st game against Clemson...

Bell 0-1 against Clemson...

Morrison lost his first game to Clemson before beating them the next year...

Sparky lost his first 4 games to Clemson before beating them in the 5th year....

Brad won his 1st game against Clemson...

Lou lost his first 2 games to Clemson before beating them in the 3rd year....

Spurrier lost his first game to Clemson before beating them the next year...

Muschamp is 0-3 against Clemson....

And he will probably be 0-4. Clemson right now is a totally different animal than most of his predecessors faced. USC went through a bit of a talent drop just as Clemson was ascending into the elite both in recruiting, and on the field. Not all things are equal. Considering the last coaching search, I'm not exactly sure which big time coaches, who would guarantee unseating Clemson right now, is chomping at the bit to come to Columbia. Next year's schedule is tougher than this years. USC could be more talented, and a better team, but not have a better record. We'd all love to beat Clemson, and will again in due time. But anyone who wants Muschamps job based on beating Clemson has their mental makeup focused on what they want rather than reality.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Clemsin defense right their wrongs and a tater offense that doesn’t fall back next year in WB. I’ll bet they will take giving up 600 yards more seriously than we do losing by 21.

Reactions: SeeUatAU
You think every GAME is a must win for Boom.

I love when you're snarky... It get's me hot....

2019 SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (Charlotte) Win
Sept. 7 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN Win
Sept. 14 ALABAMA*
Sept. 21 at Missouri* Win
Sept. 28 KENTUCKY* Win
Oct. 5 Open Date
Oct. 12 at Georgia*
Oct. 19 FLORIDA* Win
Oct. 26 at Tennessee* Win
Nov. 2 VANDERBILT* Win
Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN STATE Win
Nov. 16 at Texas A&M*
Nov. 23 Open Date
Nov. 30 CLEMSON MUST WIN

He’s not going anywhere regardless and he ain’t beating Clemson next year either . Clemson is unfortunately on an entirely different level than us . Trevor will be just as good as Deshaun and their entire defensive line is being replaced by 5 stars who will be just as good . It is a massive pill to swallow but it might be years before we beat them again . As great an effort Jake and Deebo put on in Death Valley will still lost by 3 Td’s and most of Us , including me are Shocked it was that close . Admire your enthusiasm but reality sucks sometimes . Let’s beat Kentucky first . It’s been half a decade since that happened .

Muschamp has the jump on 100+ years of Gamecock performance in his back pocket.
He’s not going anywhere for at least 2 more years.

I see that you did not read the State article that was posted above. You should read it before you announce a potential two year rollout! He will be here for many years.

He’s not going anywhere regardless and he ain’t beating Clemson next year either . Clemson is unfortunately on an entirely different level than us . Trevor will be just as good as Deshaun and their entire defensive line is being replaced by 5 stars who will be just as good . It is a massive pill to swallow but it might be years before we beat them again . As great an effort Jake and Deebo put on in Death Valley will still lost by 3 Td’s and most of Us , including me are Shocked it was that close . Admire your enthusiasm but reality sucks sometimes . Let’s beat Kentucky first . It’s been half a decade since that happened .
The game was close than 21, you and the taters know it. We drove the ball inside the 5 yard line 7 times. And had to gamble. Plus if there was 30 more secs on the clock, we score at the end of the game. Dabo scored that last TD because he didnt want to win by only 14.

I see that you did not read the State article that was posted above. You should read it before you announce a potential two year rollout! He will be here for many years.

I said “at least” 2 more. And yes I can see a way he doesn’t make it past 2 more. Article or not.

The game was close than 21, you and the taters know it. We drove the ball inside the 5 yard line 7 times. And had to gamble. Plus if there was 30 more secs on the clock, we score at the end of the game. Dabo scored that last TD because he didnt want to win by only 14.

Yeah but the scoreboard at the end said 56-35 . That’s 21 pts either way you spin it . I can’t tell my bookie the line is wrong because we shoulda coulda . We played our tails off but we lost my 3 Td’s . It is what it is .

Yes we would’ve had a few shots at the end zone. But saying we would have scored is at best a 50/50 shot.
Going forward we must figure out how to run the ball. In all of the big games this year our running game was a non factor.

against Clemson.... even if he goes 7-5 or 8-4 next year... It's a must win... The only way that loss Clemson won't be bad, if he ended up in the SEC Championship game...

The game is at home, Muschamp will have a killer offense coming back and he needs a signature win at home...

I remember when back in 1986, I was at a Christmas Party and meet up with Tommy Suggs... We were talking about JoMo and something he said made me take notice...

He said at the time, if Joe Morrison didn't win next year and beat Clemson, he would be out... At the time BOT was losing patiences with Coach Morrison and wanted to a winning season and not the 5-6 and 3-6-2 seasons with losses to Clemson...

Sparky lost his first 4 games to Clemson before beating them in the 5th year....

Not sure how we can expect a coach to beat the 2nd best program in the nation over the past 4 years. It would be nice, but we still have a long way to go.

Reactions: drawplay000
I like how every USC fan points to the 2 drives inside the red zone where USC got no points, but leave out the 3 drives Clemson had in the red zone with no points. A missed FG from 30 yds, a TD called back for a bogus offensive PI, a narrowly missed and dropped TD at the goal line to a wide open WR, a fumble at the 20 that was unforced and just a missed mesh, etc. Point being, if you want to say "what if" on those 2 USC possessions, Clemson has more that they can point to where they let points slip by just the same. Clemson fans feel like they should have put at least 70 on the board aside from a couple of self inflicted miscues and missed calls. Point being, that game was not closer than the final score indicates.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I like how every USC fan points to the 2 drives inside the red zone where USC got no points, but leave out the 3 drives Clemson had in the red zone with no points. A missed FG from 30 yds, a TD called back for a bogus offensive PI, a narrowly missed and dropped TD at the goal line to a wide open WR, a fumble at the 20 that was unforced and just a missed mesh, etc. Point being, if you want to say "what if" on those 2 USC possessions, Clemson has more that they can point to where they let points slip by just the same. Clemson fans feel like they could have just as easily have put 70 on the board aside from a couple of self inflicted miscues and missed calls.

Every USC fan? Go away douche.

I like how every USC fan points to the 2 drives inside the red zone where USC got no points, but leave out the 3 drives Clemson had in the red zone with no points. A missed FG from 30 yds, a TD called back for a bogus offensive PI, a narrowly missed and dropped TD at the goal line to a wide open WR, a fumble at the 20 that was unforced and just a missed mesh, etc. Point being, if you want to say "what if" on those 2 USC possessions, Clemson has more that they can point to where they let points slip by just the same. Clemson fans feel like they should have put at least 70 on the board aside from a couple of self inflicted miscues and missed calls. Point being, that game was not closer than the final score indicates.

There is some truth to what you said. But it’s human nature and definitely not just a Gamecock thing.
Sort of like a golfer who says..”I shot a 75 and missed a 3ft par putt”, but never mentions he drained a 40 footer for birdie either.

Every USC fan? Go away douche.
OK, so maybe not every USC fan. But I have heard it a lot. You guys played hard. More importantly, your OC did some new things and had some great wrinkles Clemson wasnt prepared for. Not taking that away. But the more time that goes by, the more history in some fans' minds gets rewritten. It happens to all fanbases.

There is some truth to what you said. But it’s human nature and definitely not just a Gamecock thing.
Sort of like a golfer who says..”I shot a 75 and missed a 3ft par putt”, but never mentions he drained a 40 footer for birdie either.
Very true. Clemson fans do the same as do all fanbases.

Reactions: Judson1
Not sure how we can expect a coach to beat the 2nd best program in the nation over the past 4 years. It would be nice, but we still have a long way to go.

Hummmmm

Shaun Elliott almost did the impossible losing 37-32, having a couple key turnovers near the goal line.... And at the time, Clemson was #2 and we were a crappy team going 3-9...

Hummmmm

Shaun Elliott almost did the impossible losing 37-32, having a couple key turnovers near the goal line.... And at the time, Clemson was #2 and we were a crappy team going 3-9...

Oh ok. That makes PEEFECT sense. Muschamp should definitely beat Clemson next season. Since Elliot is the benchmark we can also agree it’s no big deal if we lose to Charleston Southern.

Reactions: PC31

If Muschamp kicked the field goal instead of going on 4th down, the Halftime score would have been 28-24, instead of 28-21, which makes a big difference psychologically in the locker room and Clemson would be pissing in their panties...

Reactions: wycombecock

The "Fire the coach" King speaks again. Get some new material fella

Reactions: PC31 and rogue cock
To the OP! Stop the nonsense. Coach Muschamp will get six years period! We all want win more of the key matchups. Next season we'll have our chances!

Six years and 0-8 to Clemson???? Ok, I'll stop it....

I wonder if fans here would agree with Tommy Suggs that if Joe Morrison didn't turn it around in 1987, Carolina would be looking for a new coach...

Not knowing Joe Mo would pass away after the 1988 season...

Oh ok. That makes PEEFECT sense. Muschamp should definitely beat Clemson next season. Since Elliot is the benchmark we can also agree it’s no big deal if we lose to Charleston Southern.

Well, we scored 35 points on Clemson this year and could have beaten them if we had a defense....

Six years and 0-8 to Clemson???? Ok, I'll stop it....

I wonder if fans here would agree with Tommy Suggs that if Joe Morrison didn't turn it around in 1987, Carolina would be looking for a new coach...

Not knowing Joe Mo would pass away after the 1988 season...

You act like Clemson is still in the Tommy West era or something. You could possibly convince me with Kentucky and A&M over the next 2 years. But in demanding a win against Clemson, you are saying the guy has to get, arguably, the 2nd biggest win in program history.

U do realize we started the 4th string running back and several defensive players that should never have played due to injuries. It is wat it is but your secondary was one of the worst we played. We struggled more against Akron’s secondary. Our d just sucks worse than yours

You act like Clemson is still in the Tommy West era or something. You could possibly convince me with Kentucky and A&M over the next 2 years. But in demanding a win against Clemson, you are saying the guy has to get, arguably, the 2nd biggest win in program history.

Spurrier said at the beginning his career at Carolina, Clemson was nothing... Winning SEC games are more important than beating Clemson.... His mind set changed in 2009...

Reactions: jonesz21
You have confirmation of this? That Spurriee changed his mind?

Again, beating Clemson then was a tad bit easier than it is today.

Five in a row.... Confirmation confirmed...

It's never easy beating Clemson, even when it was 5 in a row then... It's like Jason or a vampire... When you have them down, you need to stab in the heart....

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT