ADVERTISEMENT

I missed a buck three times...

Great story. As I said earlier, I killed an eight point the other night, about the same size as yours, and got fined by the club because of size. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
Great story. As I said earlier, I killed an eight point the other night, about the same size as yours, and got fined by the club because of size. Enjoy the rest of the season.
Congrats my brother! Best of luck the rest of the season. Our hunting club asks that the bucks be at least 8 and outside the ears. I don’t think we have any fines!
Shoot a big one! Best of luck! Thanks for reading.

Reactions: cockgun
Sure, the old "my scope must have gotten bumped on that trip to Colorado" excuse! ;)

Good story and it sounds like a great time for three generations of men in your family. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sure, the old "my scope must have gotten bumped on that trip to Colorado" excuse! ;)

Good story and it sounds like a great time for three generations of men in your family. Good luck the rest of the way.
You know the deal...got to make every excuse I can! Appreciate the read. Best of luck to you in your outdoor adventures!

That is a great story. I enjoy reading your posts. Enjoy your times hunting and fishing and spending time with your Dad. I lost my Daddy three years ago. He was my hero. I cherish our times together, and I miss him every day.

That is a great story. I enjoy reading your posts. Enjoy your times hunting and fishing and spending time with your Dad. I lost my Daddy three years ago. He was my hero. I cherish our times together, and I miss him every day.
So sorry about your loss. My dad is my hero too. Love every second I get to spend with him and my mom. Man, just reading your post makes me want to be with him more! I don’t even want to think about a future without him.
Thanks for the read! Hope you get to make a lot of memories with your kids that they cherish like you cherish those with your daddy.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
So sorry about your loss. My dad is my hero too. Love every second I get to spend with him and my mom. Man, just reading your post makes me want to be with him more! I don’t even want to think about a future without him.
Thanks for the read! Hope you get to make a lot of memories with your kids that they cherish like you cherish those with your daddy.
Thank you. Yes sir, I make the most of my time with my kids. It’s limited now, because I’m divorced and they’re both grown. 21 and 17. I miss those days when they were little. We still do our things together; hunting, fishing, yard work, watching the Gamecocks, etc. And I impart my fatherly wisdom, experience, and encouragement to them every day.

Thank you. Yes sir, I make the most of my time with my kids. It’s limited now, because I’m divorced and they’re both grown. 21 and 17. I miss those days when they were little. We still do our things together; hunting, fishing, yard work, watching the Gamecocks, etc. And I impart my fatherly wisdom, experience, and encouragement to them every day.
My kids are 4 and 2 now. I try to spend all the time I can with them! Keep passing on that fatherly wisdom. You know it’s valuable!

That’s a great story. Those memories will get you through the tough times. My son loves hunting and I got into with him when he was 13. I realized I love everything about deer hunting except doing it. I’m a people person and he would get so pissed at me in the stand because I want to talk and figit to much. He’s 17 now and we sit in different stands which is fine. I’m still spending time with him to and from the hunt or helping him track a deer. I’ve been with him on 5 different occasions when he’s taken a deer. I decided I wanted to kill a deer myself this year. A couple of weeks ago I went alone without him. “First time alone ever” about 8:00 a.m. a doe stepped out of the woods. I felt my heart beating like his does when he sees a deer. I put the scope on her and was about to pull the trigger when I hear what sounds like a horse coming through the woods. The doe which by the way was big started the whole neck raising and lowering thing they do. The tromping through the leaves got louder and I just knew a huge buck was coming after her. I moved the scope off her and pointed to the other side of the clearing where the rustling leaves was coming from. It never stopped and I can feel that feeling in my throat that he describes. It sounded like a Budweiser Clydesdales. The doe jetted back in the woods and out walked 3 turkeys. As disappointed as I was I killed myself laughing. Deer hunting at its best! You loved ones and friends are Gods most precious gifts to you not the football teams we cheer for. Spend every minute you can with them and show/tell them how much you love them. None of us are promised tomorrow! Great story btw .

That’s a great story. Those memories will get you through the tough times. My son loves hunting and I got into with him when he was 13. I realized I love everything about deer hunting except doing it. I’m a people person and he would get so pissed at me in the stand because I want to talk and figit to much. He’s 17 now and we sit in different stands which is fine. I’m still spending time with him to and from the hunt or helping him track a deer. I’ve been with him on 5 different occasions when he’s taken a deer. I decided I wanted to kill a deer myself this year. A couple of weeks ago I went alone without him. “First time alone ever” about 8:00 a.m. a doe stepped out of the woods. I felt my heart beating like his does when he sees a deer. I put the scope on her and was about to pull the trigger when I hear what sounds like a horse coming through the woods. The doe which by the way was big started the whole neck raising and lowering thing they do. The tromping through the leaves got louder and I just knew a huge buck was coming after her. I moved the scope off her and pointed to the other side of the clearing where the rustling leaves was coming from. It never stopped and I can feel that feeling in my throat that he describes. It sounded like a Budweiser Clydesdales. The doe jetted back in the woods and out walked 3 turkeys. As disappointed as I was I killed myself laughing. Deer hunting at its best! You loved ones and friends are Gods most precious gifts to you not the football teams we cheer for. Spend every minute you can with them and show/tell them how much you love them. None of us are promised tomorrow! Great story btw .

Thanks so much for the story and the read! I love hunting; especially with my dad. Even at 31, I love being with him and sharing that excitement with him! Best of luck to you for the rest of the season!

Great story! Thanks for sharing. You will appreciate the fact that your Dad killed it and you were there! I wish I had my Dad. Miss him greatly. I also missed a very nice buck 5 years ago. He walked across the power line stopped on my grant missed him twice in one direction he entered the woods turned and came back across and I missed him again. My scope wasn’t even on the paper when I shot it later in the day. Never saw him again. It happens

You're blessed. I used to fish with my dad. It was something we always enjoyed. He eventually got old and told me it wasn't in his blood anymore. He said I just fished too hard for him. I talked him into going to a pond with me the fall before he passed away unexpectedly. And he caught fish. It was like I was the adult and he was the child. I had to rig up his plastic worm, something he had done thousands of times. But I'm so glad we had that one last trip together.

You're blessed. I used to fish with my dad. It was something we always enjoyed. He eventually got old and told me it wasn't in his blood anymore. He said I just fished too hard for him. I talked him into going to a pond with me the fall before he passed away unexpectedly. And he caught fish. It was like I was the adult and he was the child. I had to rig up his plastic worm, something he had done thousands of times. But I'm so glad we had that one last trip together.

Man that was seriously touching. I love fishing with my dad too. My son and I have started fishing at a neighbors pond. I hook them and he reels them in. Glad you got to share than moment with your dad!

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT