ADVERTISEMENT

I thought our DT's played better on Saturday....

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
They were getting some push up the middle and disrupting the blocking schemes. I like the progress Edmunds is making. He is develping nicely. I thought the biggest difference between the first half and the second half was Rattler played probably the most mature football of this year. He ran when he needed to. got rid of the football most of the time when he needed to. More patient in the pocket. He just made good decisions and held onto the football and no interceptions. If he could play like that every quarter then we are in business. He hasn't yet. I also thought our wide receivers blocked much better in the second half. That helped spring some big runs and yards after catches. OL did just enough.

Oh and btw....that reverse to Jalen was a thing of beauty. I had no idea who had the ball until Jalen was around the left end. Watch Kentuckys defense....half thought it was going to the other side. It was a beautifully executed play.
The best thing about that play was the block Wells laid on the KY linebacker. He flat laid him out.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Considering the aggressive holding KY used and got away with, they did very well.
Yes I know there is holding inside the box. I played o-line and d-line in HS. Doesn’t make me an expert. But… Pickens was tackled on multiple plays.

Reactions: TAV31
DT played well for sure but KY Oline had given up the most sacks in SEC…
Still, got to get your stats in on the teams that have weaknesses

Reactions: gamecockblack
He needs to watch that though. In today's football, that's a penalty. Refs fortunately let it go.
I didn't think that was a penalty according to the rules. The guy had turned so Wells caught him in the front of his shoulder not in the blind side. It was just perfect timing by Wells. A a second sooner and probably would have been a penalty.

I'm still concerned about the DEs. Every play they collapse inside and other teams have scouted that and they all run to the outside and kill us. I just don't understand why the coaching staff doesn't see that and make sure they set the edge. We also take poor pursuit angles and get beat outside. It seems like its the same thing every game.

Taking out the crack back block has changed football. As a result, you rarely see the toss sweep, the quick pitch or the option. The outside run is not effective with the good pursuit teams have. No crack back - defenders pursue to the outside full speed with no fear. We see zone blocking. But the crack back had to go - too dangerous.

Taking out the crack back block has changed football. As a result, you rarely see the toss sweep, the quick pitch or the option. The outside run is not effective with the good pursuit teams have. No crack back - defenders pursue to the outside full speed with no fear. We see zone blocking. But the crack back had to go - too dangerous.
The ESPN reporter/ announcer during the game said they expect the blocker to screen the defender. That is going to be another judgement call just like “targeting “.
It is dangerous but they can not make it a judgement call.

I may have to go back and watch the game again , But I didn't like Rogers . The announcers seem to be all for Kentucky. All their talk was the hurt QB and not much about our Defense running over their offense. I was watching their game against MS and they seem to be the same way. I got off that channel and watch other games.

Reactions: usc_nc and TAV31
I may have to go back and watch the game again , But I didn't like Rogers . The announcers seem to be all for Kentucky. All their talk was the hurt QB and not much about our Defense running over their offense. I was watching their game against MS and they seem to be the same way. I got off that channel and watch other games.
To me, Rogers comes across as if he thinks it's necessary he be the star attraction of the entire broadcast. As if fans are primarily tuning in to watch him and get his insight. He is not alone tho. ESPN has a lot of those type guys. It's just that Rogers is a little more hyper about it.
What works well for me is listening to music when we are on TV. In fact, I find it liberating and much more enjoyable.

Reactions: swamp fox1
To me, Rogers comes across as if he thinks it's necessary he be the star attraction of the entire broadcast. As if fans are primarily tuning in to watch him and get his insight. He is not alone tho. ESPN has a lot of those type guys. It's just that Rogers is a little more hyper about it.
What works well for me is listening to music when we are on TV. In fact, I find it liberating and much more enjoyable.

I listen to sports more nowadays than watch them. Todd makes it a little rough with our football, but I do it with the Braves and all Carolina sports. I'm busy a lot so I don't get a ton of sitting down in front of a TV time.

I listen to sports more nowadays than watch them. Todd makes it a little rough with our football, but I do it with the Braves and all Carolina sports. I'm busy a lot so I don't get a ton of sitting down in front of a TV time.
I've probably spent way too much money on my mancave. Rarely am I in there watching one game at a time because im trying to get my money's worth. Lol
That said, it makes multiple games much easier to watch if I'm not listening to one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT