ADVERTISEMENT

I was just wondering ... Is Taylor Street Pharmacy still in existence?

Feb 15, 2018
Reading another post about the passing of an ACC sports announcer, brought back memories of Bob Fulton and I could almost hear him saying ... "and now for the post game report from The Big T, your Taylor Street Pharmacy".

It didn't matter which sport he was calling. There was just something special about his voice. Sure, he was a homer but, I NEVER heard him say anything out of line. If we won, you were able to share his excitement. If we lost, you could feel his disappointment but, he always gave you hope that we would get 'em next week.

For those of you who never heard him call a game, he was a part of Carolina Sports history that is now just a memory. He is the one man that I wish I had the opportunity to meet and have a conversation. Was he any good? ... I don't know. But he'll always be 'The Voice of Carolina', to me.

As a personal favor to me, please, please refrain from any knocks about any other announcers. Thanks, in advance.

It’s a Hawthorne pharmacy and gastrointestinal surgery suite now. Owned by gamecocks.

I used to buy concert tickets at Taylor Street Pharmacy.

For the older basketball fans: Do they still make dune buggys?

One of the best kept secrets in town. I’d go there or Sounds Familiar. Unless you’re over 35 Sounds Familiar does not “sound familiar”
It sure sounds familiar to me! They had about the best classical CD selection in town. Particularly the branch on Rosewood. Of course, I'm WAY over 35!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
That`s an understatement, 76gint! I, of course, remember Taylor St. Pharmacy(open 24 hours a day) and Sounds Familiar well. And Bob Fulton was truly one of a kind. What was the album/8 track/cassette store called that was on Devine St., near where Frawleys used to be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT