ADVERTISEMENT

I was watching Paul Finebaum on ESPN and he was commenting on Stoops leaving

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
OU and giving his opinion on where Stoops place would be in college football's better coaches, etc., etc. Finebaum stated "we know who the best college coach is and we know who the 2nd best college coach is". The best college football coach would no doubt be Nick Saban, but I am just wondering who would be considered the 2nd best coach in all of college football?

Finebaum when on to say that the timing of Stoops leaving was a little unusual but it didn't mean anything was wrong. He said some people thought it might be due to health reasons because Stoops father died of a heart attack when he was in his 50s.

But, I can't help but wonder who is currently considered the 2nd best college football coach?

Corch Irvin Meyers.

I'd prolly put Jimbo at #3 even though Jimbo put Urban out to pasture after '10.

Prolly round out the top 5 with Harbaugh and William Christopher Swinney...

not necessarily in terms of Xs and Os, but for an executive type, running the program and getting results, it's clearly these 5 right now.

Corch Irvin Meyers.

I'd prolly put Jimbo at #3 even though Jimbo put Urban out to pasture after '10.

Prolly round out the top 5 with Harbaugh and William Christopher Swinney...

not necessarily in terms of Xs and Os, but for an executive type, running the program and getting results, it's clearly these 5 right now.
Irvin?

OK, I am a registered card carrying Clemson hater but Dabo is not in the top five category. He has been selling his program well in the last few years ( emphasis on selling ) and along comes one of the greatest spread QB'S of all time that gets him the big prize. Will Swinney be able to sustain his most recent success? I think not. Even though being in the ACC gives one the easiest path to a playoff berth, I expect Swinney to have an ACC contending season this year, no more, then things get back to normal in Pickens county unless the NCAA comes around like at Ole Miss, then things could get considerably worse than normal.

OK, I am a registered card carrying Clemson hater but Dabo is not in the top five category. He has been selling his program well in the last few years ( emphasis on selling ) and along comes one of the greatest spread QB'S of all time that gets him the big prize. Will Swinney be able to sustain his most recent success? I think not. Even though being in the ACC gives one the easiest path to a playoff berth, I expect Swinney to have an ACC contending season this year, no more, then things get back to normal in Pickens county unless the NCAA comes around like at Ole Miss, then things could get considerably worse than normal.

Unfortunately they have one of the highest rated QB's in years coming in. And a couple 4 stars to hold them over til then. Things may get better before they get worse (for them at least)

I gotta go with Chris Peterson.Built a top program at Boisie State of all places n now he has raised Washington back from the dead.Those are not easily accomplished feats

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
The best college football coach would no doubt be Nick Saban, but I am just wondering who would be considered the 2nd best coach in

But, I can't help but wonder who is currently considered the 2nd best college football coach?

I have a feeling that y'all are only considering recent football coaches and not the best in the history of college football.

I think the clear Top 2 are Saban and Meyer.

Followed by Harbaugh
I disagree with Urban Legend, but I respect your opinion. I believe he has under performed when he had the talent to do much better. Remember the beatdown by the Taters? That should have been embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT