ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to have a intelligent discussion about the horrible shooting that occurred today in Boulder, Co. No politics allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 US mass shooting statistics by month
MonthMass shootingsTotal number killedTotal number woundedOccurred at a school or universityOccurred at a place of worship
January35295400
February414914500
March314412600
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
Total10712232500

There is no chance at gun control. It's just political gas for right wingers to use to fuel their political agendas.
WADR of course, but the "left wingers" employ the very same tactic(s) in regards to fueling their agenda(s), only from the opposite side so to speak.

Face it, it's typical political Bull Shit!!

Reactions: bflogger28
mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race.jpg

I'll probably get laughed off of here but: I think a lot of this goes back to the day when someone decided spanking children was wrong. Hear me out. Kids grow up now with absolutely no sense of actions = consequences. I teach high school and see it frequently. Kids break the rules and virtually nothing happens. They get away with whatever they do throughout their lives with zero consequences. So they really don't even think about what's going to happen if I do ____________. I know that's not the whole problem but I do believe it's a factor in many cases. Of course this doesn't apply to the mentally ill. I also don't believe banning or limiting any kind of gun is gonna help at all. Like others have already said; the criminals don't care about breaking any other laws, why would a gun law deter them?

Crazy people will do what’re necessary to cause mass bodily harm. Gun bans won’t stop it. I found a way to get bartles and James at the age of 17.
Instead of an assault rifle it will be something else.
Please Stop automatically calling domestic terrorist crazy ..... more than likely they are evil

Not like you think.
As to the tag - if it's stolen?
IMO, you're risking YOUR rights by putting an awful lot of trust is a person you don't know just to make a few bucks.
Me - if they can't go to the sheriff's dept and pass a simple background check (if that were the requirement), they don't need to buy my gun. It's just not worth the risk.

Again, all this discussion assumes such laws were to be passed in the future for individual to individual gun sales, but is moot with today's laws.
I've never heard of a forged CCW. If it's that easy they can take that forged CCW to Academy and buy a handgun with no check.

It's almost like that chart lines up with the demographics of the country.
  • White: 60.1% (Non-Hispanic)
  • Hispanic: 18.5%
  • Black: 12.2%
  • Asian: 5.6%
  • Multiple Races: 2.8%
  • American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.7%
  • Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock#
I just hate the RACE baiting media, screaming a White Guy stormed a grocery store and killed these people.. The man is Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, you would think it was Jim Bob Cooter, they way the Liberal media is projecting this and using it for Political gain.. SAD SAD state of News media in our country today..

I like the Chris Rock approach. In one of his stand up routines he said bullets should cost $5,000 a piece. If bullets costed $5,000 a piece people would think a LOT harder about killing someone. "I mean... is it really THAT serious that I need to invest $20,000 into this situation?!?". If a bullet cost $5,000 then there would be a lot less shootings... probably a lot more stabbings, but I like my odds in a knife fight.
If bullets cost $5K each criminals would steal them same as they steal the guns they commit crimes with.

I just hate the RACE baiting media, screaming a White Guy stormed a grocery store and killed these people.. The man is Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, you would think it was Jim Bob Cooter, they way the Liberal media is projecting this and using it for Political gain.. SAD SAD state of News media in our country today..
The media loves a white v minority hate crime, even when the facts do not support it.

That's not true. The Supreme Court already had to overturn DC's handgun ban that wouldn't even allow you to have a handgun in your home for self defense.

And that decision was only 5-4, which is appalling.

We have a sitting Supreme Court justice that said, "...there simply is no untouchable constitutional right to keep loaded handguns in the house in crime-ridden urban areas."

This vermin has also said, "In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense. There has been, and is, no consensus that the right is, or was, 'fundamental.'"

True...IMO the gun laws need to be overhauled. Owning a gun is a privilege not a right...there is more checks for getting a DL then owning a gun. I'm so confused why people are so against better background checks. Just sad that shootings like this just doesn't effect some of these law makers.
Everything you just posted is false. Owning a gun is an inalienable right, and our Constitution upholds this right. Getting a DL is a privilege not a right.

I've never heard of a forged CCW. If it's that easy they can take that forged CCW to Academy and buy a handgun with no check.
You said ID, and that is what I was referring to. I took that as ID, or DL. In many instances, a CCW is not considered an acceptable form of identification.

But again, it's still putting too much trust in a person you don't even know. If you have no problem, so be it. It's just not for me.

For many in the media and many politicians, they are happy there was a mass shooting, but are not happy it wasn't a white guy donning MAGA apparel.

I'll probably get laughed off of here but: I think a lot of this goes back to the day when someone decided spanking children was wrong. Hear me out. Kids grow up now with absolutely no sense of actions = consequences. I teach high school and see it frequently. Kids break the rules and virtually nothing happens. They get away with whatever they do throughout their lives with zero consequences. So they really don't even think about what's going to happen if I do ____________. I know that's not the whole problem but I do believe it's a factor in many cases. Of course this doesn't apply to the mentally ill. I also don't believe banning or limiting any kind of gun is gonna help at all. Like others have already said; the criminals don't care about breaking any other laws, why would a gun law deter them?
Lack of personal responsibility and accountability is a huge part of the issue

You said ID, and that is what I was referring to. I took that as ID, or DL. In many instances, a CCW is not considered an acceptable form of identification.

But again, it's still putting too much trust in a person you don't even know. If you have no problem, so be it. It's just not for me.
In SC the CWP is as good as a DL as far as identification but with differing privileges of course...

If bullets cost $5K each criminals would steal them same as they steal the guns they commit crimes with.

I keep seeing the vague references about "criminals," but who are you talking about? Just any person that has committed a crime (of any variety)? Or is it a person whose main occupation is committing crimes (like the mob or gangs)?

Most of these mass shootings are not committed by people with a criminal past - their first and last crimes were one in the same. So you take the Atlanta shooter - he bought a gun legally the same day he shot everyone. He's a criminal now, but prior to that he wasn't. If a gun wasn't readily available to him, would he have moved on? Maybe, we'll never know. Because remember, he wasn't a criminal until he pulled that trigger the first time.

And also, crimes are not all the same - just because you've committed crimes in the past, even violent crimes, it doesn't mean you're down with murder. So just because you've committed some crimes, that doesn't mean that you'll now break all of them, or even want to break all of them. People have their limits.

Now you could say that a murderer with a mission will always find a way - that makes more sense than what's the point of laws, criminals will just break them.

Reactions: uscwatson21
For many in the media and many politicians, they are happy there was a mass shooting, but are not happy it wasn't a white guy donning MAGA apparel.
Before your horse gets too high I’d look to see what media and politicians start the Muslim narrative.

it is my business when your possessions are used to murder innocent people.
That’s the thing...his possessions are not being used to murder innocent people. 99.999 something percent of legal gun owners killed no one yesterday or forever for that matter.

you sound like you want all gun owners to pay a price because of a minute few. That’s not how USA works...

none of my guns have ever killed anyone and would only do so in defense of myself or others. Just because I have them shouldn’t scare you.

Muslim narrative? Like the false one created over the "Muslim travel ban?"

Anyway, was the guy a Muslim?
Perhaps, going by the name...

"Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, the 21-year-old suspect in Monday's massacre at the King Soopers supermarket in the Colorado city of Boulder,"

they havent yet, but they have blamed it on White Folk..
Did they? I never saw anything this morning that identified the individual in any way. Even this morning it was super generic until the official release. Most places wouldn’t even link to the video/images of the suspect because it wasn’t confirmed.

• Haha
Reactions: bflogger28
Perhaps, going by the name...

"Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, the 21-year-old suspect in Monday's massacre at the King Soopers supermarket in the Colorado city of Boulder,"

He might be of a different religion or an atheist.

It is a RIGHT but at some point it has to be coupled with responsibility and a consensus that some weapons and ammo should only be in the hands of the military
The entire point of the second amendment is for the common people to be protected from tyranny. Even if it is our own government grown tyrannical. Therefore the military should NOT be better armed than the general populous based on that idea alone. Now, back when the military had rifles, and the common man had rifles, this was a lot more feasible. But it is no less a pertinent point today that we should be able to defend ourselves against a tyrannical government, even if that government claims to be acting for the USA. I won't argue that we should have jets and ships or even 50mm vulcan cannons that can fire over 2500 rounds a minute. I'm just pointing out that the concept of your post is off base, that the military should have weapons common men don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT