ADVERTISEMENT

if anyone cares...Davidson is up 2-0

How long have you watched baseball? You do know that we lost to Francis Marion in our Championship year?
It's not just this game it has been the season with lack of fundamentals, case in point something we as simple as running out of the base line during a run down.....

Man, you have to admit we are not playing well. And you look at the up coming schedule. We have got to play a lot better than this.
Hell Ive seen us playing badly but still come back. Not giving in to the negative bullshit.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Not sold on Chad.. never been sold on Ray as AD...still, i'll wait and see how the season plays out..something good might happen..might..

Reactions: IrmoRed
Not sold on Chad.. never been sold on Ray as AD...still, i'll wait and see how the season plays out..something good might happen..might..

I agree on letting the season play out & seeing if something good may happen. When it comes to baseball (strictly) , I think Tanner...regardless of his shortcomings...would have a perspective that none of the rest of us possess on who could be a successful head coach in college baseball. If he has it wrong, I think it shows that this whole process is a crapshoot, at best. As far as the Muschamp hire, so much of this has to do with timing. Considering Tom Herman's deal & him seemingly holding out for a Texas offer (which he GOT this year) & U.G.A.'s pre-emptive strike kicking Richt to the curb & taking Smart, I think Muschamp was as good a hire as could have been made at the time. Different year, different pool of coaches possibly available. Plenty of examples where veteran A.D. s at traditional programs have hired H.C.'s that have disappointed/ fallen short of the fans' expectations in the school's headline programs.

Winning beats losing. Midweek games can be tough. You aren't pitching your no 1,2, or 3 guy. UNC got beat 5-2 by Liberty tonight. No the season hasn't been great and it may get worse. However, it could get better. Had we not given away leads in the 9th in 3 confrence games while Tyler Johnson has been out for 34 days the season would look much different. 1 pitch away from beating Auburn and Vandy. 1 out away from beating Mississippi State.SEC record could be 11-4 instead of 8-7. Let's not give up yet. I agree though it's frustrating and our offense and emotion in the early innings has been pitiful. Its almost like things must reach desperation mode before we rally.

Reactions: jbouton
On a positive note, John Jones batted and reached base for the first time this season. Batting avg still .000 but he does have an obp now.

Reactions: cockofdawn
glad we got the W but golly moses that was not great midweek performance. Come on guys let's turn this thing around. TOUGH away series this weekend.

Reactions: cockofdawn
glad we got the W but golly moses that was not great midweek performance. Come on guys let's turn this thing around. TOUGH away series this weekend.
it is no longer EARLY, this team needs to flip the switch this weekend, they have put themselves behind the eight ball, so you are Correct, time to man up, and start winning these series..

USC-1Active Member

how far have expectations fallen???? we are excited that SC has 2 hits against Davidson, davidson, through 7 innings??
How long have you watched baseball? You do know that we lost to Francis Marion in our Championship year?

We also lost to Davidson in 1975. That team was runner-up in the CWS. One of Carolina's most talented teams ever. 51-6-1...including the CWS.

USC-1Active Member

how far have expectations fallen???? we are excited that SC has 2 hits against Davidson, davidson, through 7 innings??

We also lost to Davidson in 1975. That team was runner-up in the CWS. One of Carolina's most talented teams ever. 51-6-1...including the CWS.
if this was one time, okay, tBUT hey got hammered by UNC, beat by UNC G lost series to hated Clemson, have only two series wins in SEC play. last one was Alabama back in March. heck the wins they ARE getting are UGLY, 3 hits against Davidson?? it isnt too late, but is is LATE, they have to start winning, NOW...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT