ADVERTISEMENT

If Chad comes back next year, what are the expectations?

A little history lesson on hosting Regionals:

2005 lost in regional at Ga Tech

2006 won regional in Charlottesville

2007 hosted won regional lost in Super Regional at Chapel Hill

2008 lost in regional in Raleigh

2009 lost in regional in Greenville NC - East Carolina

2010 hosted and won regional

2011 hosted and won regional

2012 hosted and won regional

2013 hosted and won regional

2014 hosted regional - lost

2015 No regional

2016 hosted regional and won
Chad history lesson:

2014-
lost home regional to Maryland. First time ever

2015-
missed NCAA tournament. First time in 16 years

2016-
lost to UNC by 15 runs. Biggest deficit in 19 years.

2017-
Lost to UNC by 15 runs. First time giving up 20 runs in 20 years
Lost third consecutive annual series to Clemson. First time in 24 years
Lost to UK by 18 runs. Biggest deficit in 20 years
Lost sixth consecutive SEC series. First time ever

Last edited:
Chad history lesson:

2015-

2017-
Lost to UNC by 15 runs. Biggest deficit in 20 years

That's demonstrating ownership of Silverspur02.

2014...lost to Maryland 13-0 in our own regional.

This once Top notch, every year national powerhouse program has been relegated to mediocre at best.
0d3316c2c62aac6315b4aaf46f2c4f98.jpg

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
A little history lesson on hosting Regionals:

2005 lost in regional at Ga Tech

2006 won regional in Charlottesville

2007 hosted won regional lost in Super Regional at Chapel Hill

2008 lost in regional in Raleigh

2009 lost in regional in Greenville NC - East Carolina

2010 hosted and won regional

2011 hosted and won regional

2012 hosted and won regional

2013 hosted and won regional

2014 hosted regional - lost

2015 No regional

2016 hosted regional and won
Think we'll host a regional this year? Do you think the team is headed in a positive direction or that last year was more an anomaly...? If we had at least been good enough to host a regional this year, I would say, we may be headed in the right direction. But we are going to be lucky to make the field of 64. Let that sink in. Lucky to even make the tournament. After regionals 6 out of the last 7 years.. We missed one tourney and could miss another. If we fail to make the tourney 2 out of the last 3, we have to believe we're going the wrong direction. If we lose this regional (assuming we make it in) it doesn't look much better.

That's demonstrating ownership of Silverspur02.

How is the demonstrating ownership of me??? I responded to this post:

"If we're not hosting a regional, then why are we even playing at this point. Our team used to be a mainstay of at least hosting a regional. "

I just showed that we didn't always host a regional, and that we lost in those AWAY regionals.

Show me where I was wrong...

Chad history lesson:

2014-
lost home regional to Maryland. First time ever

2015-

2016-
lost to UNC by 15 runs. Biggest deficit in 19 years.

2017-
Lost to UNC by 15 runs. First time giving up 20 runs in 20 years
Lost to UK by 18 runs. Biggest deficit in 20 years

I am well aware of Chad's history. What does that have to do with my reply to the post that I replied to?

Apparently just making the tournament is reason to celebrate with Chad at the helm these days. Under Tanner, making the tournament was a given. Making it to Omaha was reason to celebrate. So what are next year's expectations? And please don't respond with "we sure are greedy fans". Tanner built the dynasty. It's his job as AD to not let it slip. Bertman wouldn't allow it at LSU.
My expectations are that we will be worst next year and finally will let Bad Chad seek employment elsewhere.

Think we'll host a regional this year? Do you think the team is headed in a positive direction or that last year was more an anomaly...? If we had at least been good enough to host a regional this year, I would say, we may be headed in the right direction. But we are going to be lucky to make the field of 64. Let that sink in. Lucky to even make the tournament. After regionals 6 out of the last 7 years.. We missed one tourney and could miss another. If we fail to make the tourney 2 out of the last 3, we have to believe we're going the wrong direction. If we lose this regional (assuming we make it in) it doesn't look much better.

No, I don't think we will host a regional this year. Right now, I don't think we will even make a regional. If we don't, that's two out of three years, and that's not good enough. But, I don't get a vote, and the last time I looked, neither does anyone else on this board that keeps bashing the coach ad nauseam.

No, I don't think we will host a regional this year. Right now, I don't think we will even make a regional. If we don't, that's two out of three years, and that's not good enough. But, I don't get a vote, and the last time I looked, neither does anyone else on this board that keeps bashing the coach ad nauseam.
Even though I would probably be considered a "basher" (Lord knows I've tried), I agree.

Reactions: Silverspur02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT