ADVERTISEMENT

If our Offensive Offense was decent this year...

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
I honestly think we could have been 8-4 with losses to (Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson)

Yes, I know we beat Georgia, but not because of any type of offense, and probably shouldn't have if we are being honest... Kirby puked that game away.

The defense played well enough in games besides Bama (who everyone has looked bad against) and Tennessee to win all the others....

Am I wrong in thinking that had we had an offense that was able to stay on the field and actually put up some points that this record should have been attainable?

By no means am I advocating to keep Muschamp, but this is more of an indictment of BMac and his offensive offense.

No, you’re absolutely correct. Besides not scoring points (which you have to do to win, duh!!), the totally inept offense required our defense to spend way too much time on the field (Look at TOP stats). The more the D is on the field, 1> the more fatigued they get (tired D gives up more yds/plays/pts) 2> the more plays/the more opportunities for the opposition to have a scoring play.

An offense that could simply get out of its own way would have made a huge difference this season.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
Muschamp in midweek presser: We're going to be stubborn about establishing the run.

Muschamp on Saturday: Well, shoot, those 2 runs didn't work. Let's throw it 50 times.

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
No, you’re absolutely correct. Besides not scoring points (which you have to do to win, duh!!), the totally inept offense required our defense to spend way too much time on the field (Look at TOP stats). The more the D is on the field, 1> the more fatigued they get (tired D gives up more yds/plays/pts) 2> the more plays/the more opportunities for the opposition to have a scoring play.

An offense that could simply get out of its own way would have made a huge difference this season.

Agree... just look at the TAM game... if the offense could have done ANYTHING... we win that game, but come the fourth quarter and the D had already been on the field for 75% of the game... it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: december2209
Muschamp in midweek presser: We're going to be stubborn about establishing the run.

Muschamp on Saturday: Well, shoot, those 2 runs didn't work. Let's throw it 50 times.

If your team is successful in throwing it 50 times, thats fine... it would mean that it opens up running lanes... however, when our offense is completing something around/less than 50% of its passes, it takes away the threat to run.... its a disaster waiting to happen.

We are 17th in number of offensive plays/game this year.

We are 115th in average time of possession.

We are next to last in the SEC, ahead of only Vanderbilt, and 94th nationally in offensive efficiency.

We are 17th in number of offensive plays/game this year.

We are 115th in average time of possession.

We are next to last in the SEC, ahead of only Vanderbilt, and 94th nationally in offensive efficiency.

Humbling... yet Muschamp continues to throw out how great BMac did last year avg. 30pts a game... this year minus the Charleston Southern game, we are averaging 17.5pts a game, but hey Muschamp, lets not let facts get in the way of your spin cycle....

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Humbling... yet Muschamp continues to throw out how great BMac did last year avg. 30pts a game... this year minus the Charleston Southern game, we are averaging 17.5pts a game, but hey Muschamp, lets not let facts get in the way of your spin cycle....

I'd understand if BMac had a track record of success. But he's had one pretty decent year and one abysmal year.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
I don't know what our record would be this year if we had a competent offense, but if we'd had an average offense over the past 4 years, the entire program trajectory would look different. It's no secret that offensive production is Muschamp's big achilles heel.

Where is this "IF" fantasy world y'all live in??? Close to Irmo???

Pumpers can not write a comment without using the word "if". The most childish aspect of all these "if this" and "if that" comments are, they not only try to 'prove' that the outcomes would have been different but, then claim that we are actually a very good team. If this, instead of that, we would be 8-4 instead of 4-8. BULLSHIT!

Montgomery Scott said it best: "IF my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

Where is this "IF" fantasy world y'all live in??? Close to Irmo???

Pumpers can not write a comment without using the word "if". The most childish aspect of all these "if this" and "if that" comments are, they not only try to 'prove' that the outcomes would have been different but, then claim that we are actually a very good team. If this, instead of that, we would be 8-4 instead of 4-8. BULLSHIT!

Montgomery Scott said it best: "IF my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon."

I'm the farthest from being a pumper... check my post history. But, think what you want. I've wanted both of them gone. This is more of an indictment on Champ and BMac and how horrible their offense has been.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT