ADVERTISEMENT

if rivals don't give him a 5th* i will lose all respect for them

I think a 5* has a 6.1 rating and Hillinski was just bumped to 5.9.

That a 24/7 event and rivals dont have anything to do with it. Right ?

Looks like he finished 75-of-94 with 12 touchdowns and two interceptions.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The pass to the corner...

giphy.gif

I think Lou has always said he asked Kimrey what he thought and he replied, “I can throw the fade.”

That was a crazy reaction. MSU was Top 25 with Fred Smoot running his mouth all week. We had just broke our 21 game winning streak 3 weeks before, beat a Top 10 UGA team, and beat Eastern Michigan. Most were expecting us to come back to reality in this one. Petty had a hard time staying healthy in his career to this point and I think just about every Gamecock fan was thinking we were just about finished when he got knocked down. I remember celebrating and once I calmed down I was about 10 rows higher than my actual seat!

Jame Adkisson had a very underrated and almost forgotten catch on a 50/50 ball that kept the drive going and set this play up. Pretty sure that catch was over Smoot. He was a tall JUCO WR with so much hype and that was the best play of his career.

HE CAN THROW THE FADE COACH...................... I was right there in that Corner..

I was just a young buck, about 7 years old.. One of my first memories in WB. Unreal.

"I can throw the fade coach" became a favorite saying of mine and my dad's and we'd run that play out in the back yard damn near every night.

He will not be a 5 star.

No QBs are five stars this year. Rattler and Bo Nix have a better chance of getting a 5?star than Ryan. Sorry folks. Those two have been the favorites since before anybody knew who Ryan was . He will not unseat them.

Don't care though. We got the man we want!

Reactions: memphis cock#
He will not be a 5 star.

No QBs are five stars this year. Rattler and Bo Nix have a better chance of getting a 5?star than Ryan. Sorry folks. Those two have been the favorites since before anybody knew who Ryan was . He will not unseat them.

Don't care though. We got the man we want!
Perhaps not, but he seems to be besting Bo Nix in this competition.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I don’t think we have been as excited about an offense recruit since Lattimore. We’ve hx the 4* recruits but this kid is showing our nationally.

Perhaps not, but he seems to be besting Bo Nix in this competition.

Rattler' team is playing Nix's team for the 7 on 7 championship . I think Rattler's team knocked Ryan's team out this morning

If anything it might motivate him If he’s a 4* b/c he’d have something to prove. I’m excited about him as well. I do understand it could boost the rankings having a 5* guy but that may just add pressure to him to live up to it. Could work out well for him as we should have the OL under control by the time he’s leading this team.

Last edited:
I just looked up the results and the guy from 247 that gives the final rankings put Rattler 1 and Nix 2. However, at the Opening, the highest completion percentage and best TD to Int ratio was Hilinski.

So, despite how they market it, "The Opening - Elite 11 Finals" is not a stand alone competition based solely on individual performances at the event.

Whether it's this 247 guys opinion or some type of cumulative point system, I have no clue. It appears as though this guy from 247 may have gone into the event trying to validate who he already claimed was the best.

If so, I hate the system is ripping Hilinski off, but hopefully it just makes him more motivated to buck the system and do things never been done before.

I just looked up the results and the guy from 247 that gives the final rankings put Rattler 1 and Nix 2. However, at the Opening, the highest completion percentage and best TD to Int ratio was Hilinski.

So, despite how they market it, "The Opening - Elite 11 Finals" is not a stand alone competition based solely on individual performances at the event.

Whether it's this 247 guys opinion or some type of cumulative point system, I have no clue. It appears as though this guy from 247 may have gone into the event trying to validate who he already claimed was the best.

If so, I hate the system is ripping Hilinski off, but hopefully it just makes him more motivated to buck the system and do things never been done before.

247 used the words "eye test." Rattler has been 247s fave since day one. Nix has been Rivals fair haired son.

Remember though. ESPN has Ryan as #1 pro style.

Who has the bigger audience? (It's just about hype anyway) when we are on ESPN they'll say we have the top pro style passer committed

It would be awesome if Ryan gets the 5th Star for all the obvious reasons. However, if he doesn't, I would like him to be rated the #1 Pro Style / Pocket Passer in the composite ranking. Surely, this would hold a lot of weight and mean a great deal to our overall team recruiting ranking! Go Big Bo!!!

The only ranking that matters to me is Bo Hilinski is gonna be an absolute stud Gamecock QB

Reactions: sgacock
It would be awesome if Ryan gets the 5th Star for all the obvious reasons. However, if he doesn't, I would like him to be rated the #1 Pro Style / Pocket Passer in the composite ranking. Surely, this would hold a lot of weight and mean a great deal to our overall team recruiting ranking! Go Big Bo!!!

It's weird.

247 has him the number 2 pro style behind Rattler. They list Nix as DT.

Rivals has him the number 3 pro style behind Nix and Dylan Morris ( who Hilinski beat out in Rivals Five star challenge and elite 11). Rattler is considered a DT.

ESPN has Ryan number one pro style ahead of Nix. They also list Rattler as dual threat.

Based on the competitions and the offense he will run at Oklahoma, I think 247 should reclassify Rattler as DT like the others.

Is Nix a DT or a pro style? I think Auburn will use him as a DT ( as long as Malzhan is there). 2 out of the three service say pro style.

I am extremely happy for and with Ryan. His maturity at this age makes him the perfect guy for us and he has a golden arm

Still remember that. So exciting. I think Lou tried to suggest that the fade was his idea but it was Erik's.
yep I had a Buddy on that team, He told me the next day what transpired. He said Lou was contemplating what to do with Petty out, then Kimrey came up to Lou and said, the famous line, I can throw the fade coach I can throw the fade, then he said Lou told him ¨then go throw the Fade¨ However, Many including Kimrey, said his words were he could do an ¨18" which i think was ¨ Number for a fade¨, either way, it was absolutely Crazy down there..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT