ADVERTISEMENT

If you could bring back any recent President right now

I didn't call YOU anything.

But nobody honestly believes that letting millions of more infected people into a country when you are trying to contain a virus us the right thing to do. There are many liberal hacks in the medical field just as there are in the media, and anybody claiming that didn't make a difference was just covering for their inaction.

I posted that I believed the public health experts that have said that closing the border wouldn’t have stopped the situation. You then said, “only a complete moron would believe that spin..”. So yes, you called me a moron.

Sorry. Only a complete moron would believe that spin from partisan medical officials. .

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
JFK- probably, but I wasn’t alive so I answered from a personal perspective.

I didn’t mention Clinton because he really didn’t face anything like this. He handled the aftermath of the Oklahoma City Bombing very well, but I didn’t consider that like this situation.

Slick Willie also slaughtered several hundred people at Waco....

Any President it would be Abe Lincoln. Recent would be Reagan during his first term.

Reactions: LBGCOCK
Like what. Another travel ban that was haphazardly done and left the U.K. out only to add them days later after the Media talked about how incredibly stupid that was? All Trump does is watch cable news shows while eating Hamburgers and Fried Chicken. Then tries to throw something together based on what he thinks Fox News wants. He is the very definition of anyone can be President. Only problem is that you can't just have anyone in the Presidency for effective leadership. This is Trump's first real test and you could see from his Presidential address that he is scared and doesn't know what to do. Bullying and BS'ing won't work this time. Calling it a hoax won't work this time. You are either prepared or you are not and the Federal response is not prepared. That is why most states have said forget it and are developing their own responses.

The states are supposed to develop their own responses. The Feds can't go into states and do it for them. That's the way it's supposed to work legally. Trump can't legally at the Federal level shut down school or businesses in any state. State governments have to do that based on their individual needs.

The Feds did what they are supposed to do. They shut down travel as they saw fit. No response is perfect, but it's certainly better than the nothing responses of the past. If it were left up to Obama and Biden, infected people would still be pouring in this country without any restrictions at all, just like they did the swine flu, and we would have no chance at even slowing this down.

When Trump restricted travel from China, this is what Biden said about it:

"This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fear mongering,"

That's what a jackass Biden is. When Trump was trying to stop this, all Biden could do is call him a racist and saying he was spreading fear.

Trump. Reacted quick to the China travel ban - many said that it was an over reaction. Hind sight, he should have done a complete worldwide travel ban earlier. His team, led by the VP, has done well. Nobody, or country, has stockpiles of supplies for a pandemic. So, you mitigate where you can. I think they have been doing that and continue to “adjust fire” as necessary. Bending the curve is the best plan - otherwise “ugly.”

I think many governors have stepped up too. I think Congress continues to make everything political, but that is because we have close to 535 bozos running it.

Time will tell if the current team has done a good job. We should all support the current President and team we have. Very likely your brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter, or friend will depend on it.

Wrong. You should have said in your opinion. Obama did such a bang up job. I guess you were ok with that.
What did I say about Obama? Nothing. The point? Anybody could dio as good a job as Trump including yourself. That is because he takes nothing seriously intellectually and develops his worldview from television talking points. He doesn't study, doesn't respect education or expert opinion. It's like me saying I can rebuild your engine by putting some grease under my fingernails, throwing on some cover-alls, and watching a couple internet videos. Of course, I can't and would screw the rest of your car up.

But nobody honestly believes that letting millions of more infected people into a country when you are trying to contain a virus us the right thing to do. There are many liberal hacks in the medical field just as there are in the media, and anybody claiming that didn't make a difference was just covering for their inaction.

I said I believed it and I said why.... that many public health experts have stated their belief that it wouldn’t have mattered.

it’s the same reason the border with Mexico isn’t closed today even though cases there are on the rise too. Closing the border with Mexico would cost American businesses billions https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/coronavirus-cases-in-mexico-on-rise-/1768380

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...ose-border-with-mexico-as-coronavirus-spreads

What did I say about Obama? Nothing. The point? Anybody could dio as good a job as Trump including yourself. That is because he takes nothing seriously intellectually and develops his worldview from television talking points. He doesn't study, doesn't respect education or expert opinion. It's like me saying I can rebuild your engine by putting some grease under my fingernails, throwing on some cover-alls, and watching a couple internet videos. Of course, I can't and would screw the rest of your car up.
Classic TDS. I don't like some of the things he says but as far as running the country and doing what he said he would do if elected, he's doing it.. Every other President promised the world and didn't do shit.

I said I believed it and I said why.... that many public health experts have stated their belief that it wouldn’t have mattered.

it’s the same reason the border with Mexico isn’t closed today even though cases there are on the rise too. Closing the border with Mexico would cost American businesses billions https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/coronavirus-cases-in-mexico-on-rise-/1768380

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...ose-border-with-mexico-as-coronavirus-spreads

If you believe that, you should open the doors of your home to people with coronavirus. I mean, you staying in your home and banning people from traveling to your home won't do anything if you believe them. And if one person in your home does get it, let more infected people in anyway, because quarantining that one person won't make a difference anyway.

Absurd. Nothing but political posturing. It is ALWAYS better to have fewer infected people. Period.

Classic TDS. I don't like some of the things he says but as far as running the country and doing what he said he would do if elected, he's doing it.. Every other President promised the world and didn't do shit.
The things he has done, anybody could do. Pick judges off of a Federalist Society list, check. You could do that. Tax cut. Every Republican President does that. True tests like with healthcare have been a failure. Anything where he has had to put together a coalition of votes has fallen apart. He couldn't even keep himself out of trouble after the Mueller Report and Russia. Instead of accepting his victory, he keeps pushing and needs Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham to save him. No objective person, even if you like Trump, can truly say he is not going to do something else incredibly stupid if re-elected. Truly the Dallas Cowboys of politics, an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:
If you believe that, you should open the doors of your home to people with coronavirus. I mean, you staying in your home and banning people from traveling to your home won't do anything if you believe them. And if one person in your home does get it, let more infected people in anyway, because quarantining that one person won't make a difference anyway.

Absurd. Nothing but political posturing. It is ALWAYS better to have fewer infected people. Period.

This is an odd comparison. My letting people in my home or not is definitely not the same thing as doing something to impact hundreds of thousands of US businesses and tens of thousands of other people by closing a border between two countries.

If I let someone in my home, it impacts me, not thousands of others. So that comparison is just very strange and way off.

The border with Mexico is OPEN right now and we have a serious global pandemic today. Mexico has the virus. Their numbers are growing every day.

btw- this is my last response and discussion with you on this board. I don’t care to discuss Issues with you. I’m not a super smart guy but I don’t think I am a complete moron and don’t like to be referred to that way over a difference of opinion.

The things he has done, anybody could do. Pick judges off of a Federalist Society list, check. You could do that. Tax cut. Every Republican President does that. True tests like with healthcare have been a failure. Anything where he has had to put together a coalition of votes has fallen apart. He even couldn't keep himself out of trouble after the Mueller Report and Russia. Instead of accepting his victory, he keeps pushing and needs Mitch McCinnell and Lindsay Graham save him. No objective person, even if you like Trump, can truly say he is not going to do something else incredibly stupid if re-elected. Truly the Dallas Cowboys of politics, an accident waiting to happen.

Trump is a racist. Democrats did nothing.
Trump is a misogynist. Democrats did nothing.
Trump cages kids (with Obama's cages) Democrats did nothing.

Trump wants someone to see why Joe Biden crackhead son was making millions from a Ukraine company that we being investigated by a prosecutor that VP Biden had fired by withholding federal funds.

Democrats IMPEACH!!!

That's tells you all you need to know.

This is an odd comparison. My letting people in my home or not is definitely not the same thing as doing something to impact hundreds of thousands of US businesses and tens of thousands of other people by closing a border between two countries.

If I let someone in my home, it impacts me, not thousands of others. So that comparison is just very strange and way off.

The border with Mexico is OPEN right now and we have a serious global pandemic today. Mexico has the virus. Their numbers are growing every day.

btw- this is my last response and discussion with you on this board. I don’t care to discuss Issues with you. I’m not a super smart guy but I don’t think I am a complete moron and don’t like to be referred to that way over a difference of opinion.

I'm sure Mexico will soon be on the list. Of course, that will be racist too. Or will be have been done too late. Doesn't matter what he does, the Democrats and Liberals will claim everything is wrong.

Trump is a racist. Democrats did nothing.
Trump is a misogynist. Democrats did nothing.
Trump cages kids (with Obama's cages) Democrats did nothing.

Trump wants someone to see why Joe Biden crackhead son was making millions from a Ukraine company that we being investigated by a prosecutor that VP Biden had fired by withholding federal funds.

Democrats IMPEACH!!!

That's tells you all you need to know.
What? See I am not even talking about any of that stuff. i am talking about being intellectually curious and projecting leadership instead of tryimg to BS your way through things. However, if you want to make Trump a victim by trotting out those things, have at it. All I know is that Trump said the Coronavirus was a hoax less than two weeks ago. Now, everybody is stuck at home watching Netflix all day. A lot of businesses are going to fail over this and it is on him. He is going to have to wear it.

Last edited:
Reagan- he had real empathy and it showed in his face when he spoke.

I think Pence has done good when he’s allowed to be in control. He’s much better than Trump at this stuff and I really believe he’s worried about ALL the American people, not just his supporters. I wish he was doing all the talking and coordinating.

George W Bush in crises mode was very solid. He projected empathy but determination and he didn’t get caught up in name calling or blame games. He took charge but he never acted as if he was the smartest guy in the room. He let his experts do their thing and he stayed out of their way (maybe too much sometimes but in crises, he played it right)
Pence does speak well

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Thanks for more of your opinions.

What? See I am not even talking about any of that stuff. i am talking about being intellectually curious and projecting leadership instead of tryimg to BS your way through things. However, if you want to make Trump a victim by trotting out those things, have at it. All I know is that Trump said the Corinavurus was a hoax less than two weeks ago. Now, everybody is stuck at home watching Netflix all day. A lot of businesses are going to fail over this and it is on him. He is going to have to wear it.

That's a lie. It DID NOT say the virus ITSELF was a hoax. He claimed the response from the Democrats claiming that he was doing nothing and was completely unprepared was a hoax and nothing but fear mongering.

His response hasn't been perfect. Nothing is perfect. But he was sounding the alarm on this over 6 weeks ago. Biden and Democrats said he was a racist and fear mongering. Testing has been problematic, but we don't really need a formal test to do the things we need to do to stop this. We have been hearing for weeks that if you are sick with a fever, you need to isolate yourself and protect others. If you are older and have other health issues, you need to go to the doctor. Testing isn't a cure and it certainly isn't the reason this virus is running wild.

If you want to blame somebody, blame China. They are the ones that hid it for 6 weeks and allowed this to get loose all over the world. And now they are trying to blame us and are happy it is killing people all over the world.

The same China that Joe Biden claims "are good folks and no competition for us". I'm sure it has nothing to do with the $1.5 billion dollar deal his son got for his company with the Chinese government. Hell, Biden even flew crackhead Hunter over to China to make the deal on Air Force 2. Even NBC could believe that one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...hina-son-hunter-2013-comes-under-new-n1061051

Yeah, I'm sure he would have restricted travel with China.

So you support dropping the travel ban with Europe and China right now?

Unlike Obozo and that stump dumb idiot Biden, he is actually trying to do something other than talk and count the bodies like they did with the way less lethal swine flu.

The current Administration did something that will result in unnecessary deaths. They decided that we would not utilize a validated COVID-19 test developed in Germany. The development of the US test had problems and the net result was a 5-6 week delay in test availability. I am a scientist and care nothing about whether the Blues or Reds "win" in politics. The current administration is directly responsible for the delay and, hence, additional mortality. Maybe if Hillary was in charge the same outcome would have occurred but that is a hypothetical.

What is so "blundered" about it? Specifically.
Primarily the nonchalant responses and obvious lack of understanding of what exactly was going on in the beginning. Despite all of the blame placed on the “media” for the hysteria the lack of confidence in the individual that is making constant misstatements is the biggest issue. You don’t provide confidence by constantly making statements that people know aren’t true or are immediately corrected by people who actually know what’s going on. I never thought it would be possible but amazingly I’ve hit the point where it’s obvious W isn’t the worst speaker that I’m going to get to see.

Reactions: howard13
The things he has done, anybody could do. Pick judges off of a Federalist Society list, check. You could do that. Tax cut. Every Republican President does that. True tests like with healthcare have been a failure. Anything where he has had to put together a coalition of votes has fallen apart. He even couldn't keep himself out of trouble after the Mueller Report and Russia. Instead of accepting his victory, he keeps pushing and needs Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham save him. No objective person, even if you like Trump, can truly say he is not going to do something else incredibly stupid if re-elected. Truly the Dallas Cowboys of politics, an accident waiting to happen.[/QUOTE
Done a lot more than that. He's doing an awesome job. Great President. Doing exactly what we told him to do.

Some of y'all talking about FDR. Deer lowered! What's he going to do, put Covid-19 in concentration camps like he did thousands of people because they were Asian, too?

I'm not sure it would matter. We're so interconnected, it's impossible to be prepared for an event of this magnitude. Judgement on how this was handled won't be known until this is over and then it will be judged along political lines. Some will say we overreacted and some will say we didn't act fast enough. Just like 911, hopefully we can learn and be better prepared when this happens again.

Who would it be?

I realize this is a sports forum, but I’m just trying to pass the time like the rest of you.

No matter who you voted for in 2016, I imagine that most of us would pick someone else to handle this crisis. For instance, I would take George W in a heartbeat right now. I thought he handled post 9/11 pretty well.

For what reasons would you pick someone else? Please be very specific, and delineate from an epidemiological standpoint what errors have been made by this administration. You should address infection control. Further, you have specifically mentioned George W. Bush. Based on your knowledge of him, how would he provide superior leadership in these specific areas?

Every other President promised the world and didn't do shit.

Really? Care to offer examples, starting with George Washington and working your way through the list? Make sure to include them all.

So now you are calling me a moron.

I think there is a rule on this board about personal insults. Maybe not.

I guess we can’t have a discussion since I am a moron because I believe public health medical experts at places Johns Hopkins and Stanford University over talk show hosts and political commentators- as if talk show hosts and political commentators who hate everything Obama did are completely unbiased and not partisan at all.

ok.

Below is a quote from you toward a poster on another thread. It appears you are personally exempt from your outrage over personal insults.

This might be the dumbest take I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, and that is really saying something.

As a former conservative (but not a liberal on all issues), I detest many self described conservatives now like you hate liberals. So I understand the hate. I really, honestly do. I feel the exact same toward many conservatives, or at least what passes for one now under Trump.

So I get it. But your take on this comparison is really stupid.

Reactions: CockFamily6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT