ADVERTISEMENT

In case you thought there was a chance you'd get to enjoy sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MowerDave

Jun 10, 2020
Some have taken the stance that once the game starts, they can just tune out all the political nonsense and enjoy the game for what it is. The NFL has dumped cold water on that. They are injecting the politics into the game in every way imaginable. It'll be everywhere you look.

But they couldnt put any recognition of the Dallas Officers KILLED by Rioters n their uniforms?? WOW!

I think The Cowboys should demand that they can recognition of the Dallas Officers KILLED by Rioters n their uniforms now... Let's see all the cards the NFL has...

Besides, by doing that, it will make the NFL acknowledge that these officers were killed during a BLM protest/riots... Those office were ambushed by one of the members, while guarding the BLM protest.... And they will denied the request...

I think The Cowboys should demand that they can recognition of the Dallas Officers KILLED by Rioters n their uniforms now... Let's see all the cards the NFL has...

Besides, by doing that, it will make the NFL acknowledge that these officers were killed during a BLM protest/riots... Those office were ambushed by one of the members, while guarding the BLM protest.... And they will denied the request...
So TRUE!!

The issue at the time was the term uniform. Dallas petitioned the NFL to allow the Dallas players to wear special stickers or patches or whatever it was. The league denied it due to the uniform policy. Had Dallas requested the league allow all NFL players to wear them, the league would've been put in a tough spot and likely allowed it.

Some have taken the stance that once the game starts, they can just tune out all the political nonsense and enjoy the game for what it is. The NFL has dumped cold water on that. They are injecting the politics into the game in every way imaginable. It'll be everywhere you look.

Then I won't look.

The NFL has had an age problem for a while now. In that I mean that their audience has been getting older and dying out - hence the declining ratings. They have been starting to court younger viewers as staying the course (and pandering to the older crowd because of money today) will mean disaster for the future. Better to take your lumps now, lose the "shut up and pass the ball" crowd, and build a solid foundation of fans for the future. Gambling and equality will bring in the younger generations.

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious
The NFL has had an age problem for a while now. In that I mean that their audience has been getting older and dying out - hence the declining ratings. They have been starting to court younger viewers as staying the course (and pandering to the older crowd because of money today) will mean will mean disaster for the future. Better to take your lumps now, lose the "shut up and pass the ball" crowd, and build a solid foundation of fans for the future. Gambling and equality will bring in the younger generations.
unfortunately it is US old people buying the tickets, buying the concessions and paying for the merchandise..

Same here. I'm a Bills fan, so it's easy enough to give up the NFL anyway.
I'm a recovering Dolphins fan. I haven't paid much attention to NFL in more than a decade. I haven't been to an NFL game since Daunte Culpepper was a Dolphin. It remains to be seen, but I have a feeling CFB will lose me as well. In these last few seasons I've felt like I was wasting a good Saturday when I watched a whole game, especially when the payoff was an embarrassing performance.

I'm a recovering Dolphins fan. I haven't paid much attention to NFL in more than a decade. I haven't been to an NFL game since Daunte Culpepper was a Dolphin. It remains to be seen, but I have a feeling CFB will lose me as well. In these last few seasons I've felt like I was wasting a good Saturday when I watched a whole game, especially when the payoff was an embarrassing performance.

Yeah, as much as I LOVE CFB, it turned out to be a huge hassle the last few years to make time for the game only to see us crap the bed. If they in with all this stuff, that'll be an enormous bummer.

Reactions: TheReelEss
4dg9an.jpg

Reactions: TheReelEss
unfortunately it is US old people buying the tickets, buying the concessions and paying for the merchandise..

For sure. But you can't lean too heavily on one revenue stream especially when: 1) that revenue stream will literally die off and can't get bigger, and 2) you may destroy other revenue streams in the future by pandering to the one, dwindling stream.

They'll take their lumps with revenue now, but must build for the future because even when fans that are young now are dead, the NFL should still be going on.

For sure. But you can't lean too heavily on one revenue stream especially when: 1) that revenue stream will literally die off and can't get bigger, and 2) you may destroy other revenue streams in the future by pandering to the one, dwindling stream.

They'll take their lumps with revenue now, but must build for the future because even when fans that are young now are dead, the NFL should still be going on.
The reason our generation are Football fans, is our dad's were fans and took us to games or had us watching games with him, then at halftime we would go out and throw around the football until second half.. SO kids today will not be as "INTO IT" as we were, now that fathers are taking their boys Golfing, Fishing ANYTHING else but watching football.. it is definiteyy going to hurt the NFL..

The issue at the time was the term uniform. Dallas petitioned the NFL to allow the Dallas players to wear special stickers or patches or whatever it was. The league denied it due to the uniform policy. Had Dallas requested the league allow all NFL players to wear them, the league would've been put in a tough spot and likely allowed it.

Nope, nice try... Helmets are part of the uniform..

Reactions: cockofdawn
NFL ratings were back up last year and they had their most profitable year ever. Fans in the stadium are about 8% of their income which is why pro sports don’t really care about the empty stadium from a financial standpoint.

Even while people are loving to talk about ratings the networks are watching consumption. Rating measure how many people watch for a set period of time but consumption allows them track the people who are constantly flipping back and forth between events. Consumption has been upwe despite the ratings being down which means people may be watching more sports just not in as long of chunks. It’s kind of telling of the younger generation of channel surfers. I’m always fascinated watching my nephew on Saturday during college football season. He has 6 games he’s keeping up with at all times and bouncing between the channels depending on who has the ball, the score and time remaining. I can only handle the disappointment of one Gamecock game or one Falcons game but he’ll watch everything at once.

The NFL has had an age problem for a while now. In that I mean that their audience has been getting older and dying out - hence the declining ratings. They have been starting to court younger viewers as staying the course (and pandering to the older crowd because of money today) will mean disaster for the future. Better to take your lumps now, lose the "shut up and pass the ball" crowd, and build a solid foundation of fans for the future. Gambling and equality will bring in the younger generations.
You also have every game on TV now...same with college football. The ratings is skewed but I'll go out on a limb and say the overall ratings will be up this year.

Reactions: Dizzy01
If they want to protest, then feel free to do so on their own time. Chicago and Baltimore are calling and don't forget all the injured or dead police while you're at it. David Dorn's grandchildren are waiting.

I wonder how much on-line sports betting, sports betting which is now legal in some states, and fantasy football has increased viewership? Although a person may no longer have a favorite "team" they follow, they are watching for the betting action. It will also be interesting to see the impact on merchandise sales as that is where "tans" tend to spend money. If merchandise sales starts taking a hit, the NFL could be in trouble, especially if butts in the seats/concessions decline at the stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT