ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting “highlights” on ESPN app

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
In their game highlights video there are seven highlights by UCONN, the losing team, and just one by our ladies, the winning team. ESPN is located in Connecticut — but come on ESPN — could you be a lot less biased in your highlights video!?

Reactions: cocks rule
In their game highlights video there are seven highlights by UCONN, the losing team, and just one by our ladies, the winning team. ESPN is located in Connecticut — but come on ESPN — could you be a lot less biased in your highlights video!?
Fake sports network. Lol

King Geno reigns supreme. He did significantly contribute to the loss with his bone headed technical though. Huskies were whistled for 2 less fouls overall so go whine elsewhere.

Reactions: swamp fox1
King Geno reigns supreme. He did significantly contribute to the loss with his bone headed technical though. Huskies were whistled for 2 less fouls overall so go whine elsewhere.
Throwing the water bottle was downright childish. I’m glad the ref immediately hung a T on his sorry ass.

Reactions: swamp fox1
UConn is still the biggest brand when it comes to the women's game and a lot of the anchors that cover womens basketball for ESPN played for Geno. It will take time to cycle the homers out.

Throwing the water bottle was downright childish. I’m glad the ref immediately hung a T on his sorry ass.

JUST ASKING, OK??? Is it possible that he went out there to whine AND the bottle, in fact simply slipped from his grip??? Watch his reaction. He realized ... crap, that's a T.

Where the hell is all this HATE, from Gamecock Fans coming from??? GROW UP!!! WE are better THAN THIS!!

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
JUST ASKING, OK??? Is it possible that he went out there to whine AND the bottle, in fact simply slipped from his grip??? Watch his reaction. He realized ... crap, that's a T.

Where the hell is all this HATE, from Gamecock Fans coming from??? GROW UP!!! WE are better THAN THIS!!
Ok…we love opposing coaches…better now.

Hate is a strong word. The refs misunderstood the water bottle which came with such force it looked like a fan threw it from the stands. Yeah, he dropped it🥴…….I was glad he did it. Really liked the 6 pt swing. I am a fan now.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Espn is in Bristol
Doesn't make it right but the Weather Channel is in Atlanta and just watch it and notice how often the weather in Atlanta is mentioned

Hmmm…. I don’t hate Geno….I despise him! He’s not getting away with all the physicality his teams have played with for years and gotten away with — and he can’t stand it. Our players are just more physical than his teams are these days. As far as “we are better than this”, speak for yourself. By the way, Nika Muhl is probably the dirtiest player in women’s college basketball.

Hmmm…. I don’t hate Geno….I despise him! He’s not getting away with all the physicality his teams have played with for years and gotten away with — and he can’t stand it. Our players are just more physical than his teams are these days. As far as “we are better than this”, speak for yourself. By the way, Nika Muhl is probably the dirtiest player in women’s college basketball.
Im starting to get to the age where its probably inappropriate for me to think about college girls, but shes good looking in a girl next door way.

Espn is in Bristol
Doesn't make it right but the Weather Channel is in Atlanta and just watch it and notice how often the weather in Atlanta is mentioned
The obvious imbalance demonstrated by "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" can't be excused on the grounds of studio location.

Bingo….. I went to countless Uconn message boards and you would not believe their take on the game. They get Fudd back and we are toast. Said we play dirty, banging and grabbing an even Geno said his center had bruises. There’s about 15 or 20 fouls refs did not call that should’ve been called on them.

I watched this game again and ran back many plays live……….. we got away with some, and they got away with some. The missed handoff was indeed a miss by the refs. OK Connecticut fans, we will give you that one, and let’s say you had a three pointer, that means you lost by one, but you still lost. There were some plays where I thought we did not foul them and on slow motion replay the ref made a good call. Our inside players get mauled on the forearms and elbow, with no call. We’re not missing that many snow bunnies without getting hacked. UConn has played that way forever.

lastly, in the final minute or so, when Griffin came down Court, and drove on Raven Johnson she tried to euro step, and it’s like her foot hit a slick spot on the floor and went out from under her. She started falling, and Johnson got out of the way and never touched her. They called a foul and it resulted in a 3 pt play for them. Uconn doesn’t see that.

overall, the referees did a good job. Connecticut should thank them for allowing each of their players to get eight or nine fouls each but only calling four or five. And lastly, any foul discrepancies from a team standpoint, came from the final two minutes when Uconn was so far behind and having to foul.

Bingo….. I went to countless Uconn message boards and you would not believe their take on the game. They get Fudd back and we are toast. Said we play dirty, banging and grabbing an even Geno said his center had bruises. There’s about 15 or 20 fouls refs did not call that should’ve been called on them.

I watched this game again and ran back many plays live……….. we got away with some, and they got away with some. The missed handoff was indeed a miss by the refs. OK Connecticut fans, we will give you that one, and let’s say you had a three pointer, that means you lost by one, but you still lost. There were some plays where I thought we did not foul them and on slow motion replay the ref made a good call. Our inside players get mauled on the forearms and elbow, with no call. We’re not missing that many snow bunnies without getting hacked. UConn has played that way forever.

lastly, in the final minute or so, when Griffin came down Court, and drove on Raven Johnson she tried to euro step, and it’s like her foot hit a slick spot on the floor and went out from under her. She started falling, and Johnson got out of the way and never touched her. They called a foul and it resulted in a 3 pt play for them. Uconn doesn’t see that.

overall, the referees did a good job. Connecticut should thank them for allowing each of their players to get eight or nine fouls each but only calling four or five. And lastly, any foul discrepancies from a team standpoint, came from the final two minutes when Uconn was so far behind and having to foul.
Looks like Dawn has had enough of Geno’s whining. She basically went public in telling him to STFU.

Looks like Dawn has had enough of Geno’s whining. She basically went public in telling him to STFU.
Someone needed to a long time ago. Dawn took some butt whippings to UConn and didn’t say a word. Geno didn’t lose for about 5 years and now he’s throwing a tantrum every other game.

He’s going to get to stay as long as he wants, but the days of him coasting to a title are long gone. Don’t know that they’ll ever come back either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT