ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting post from Stepp

I saw this as well. I personally wouldn’t worry about losing out on this kid. We need as many portal guys as we can get that are ready day one next year.

I saw this as well. I personally wouldn’t worry about losing out on this kid. We need as many portal guys as we can get that are ready day one next year.
WRs regularly contribute as freshman in the SEC. We could've used Williams, maybe this year, make no mistake. In the flip side, we couldn't do anymore other than not having a painfully long losing streak to that cow pasture.

Brian Hucks is a high school baseball coach at one of the Columbia schools. I do not engage in Twitter or any other social media. Nothing surprises me anymore what people say, or a troller goes on line and says something out of the ordinary.

Reactions: TAV31
Lexington High School Baseball coach. Sounds like Stepp is moving on and wants kids to come with him.

Reactions: TAV31
Lexington High School Baseball coach. Sounds like Stepp is moving on and wants kids to come with him.
He posted after this how great it is too be a gamecock and that it best days are ahead. Why did you figure that means he's leaving when it should be about a guy we wanted for forever committing to a clemson program that show played him and considered him a backup option.

Yep the gamecock way…who needs a 4 star wr right…when when can go to the portal and get a 6’7” wr from some division 3 school who can’t catch a cold

• Love
Reactions: GCDC1959
He posted after this how great it is too be a gamecock and that it best days are ahead. Why did you figure that means he's leaving when it should be about a guy we wanted for forever committing to a clemson program that show played him and considered him a backup option.
Says a lot about our program when one of usc priorities is just a backup option for clemson. Hmmmm

So I'm assuming from this post that we were on a WR recruit from the beginning. Clemson just recently showed interest but he committed to them anyway?
Sorry if this is dumb but I don't follow recruiting.

There is nothing in that post that in any way sounds(reads)like Stepp is moving on. How did you even get that out of it?!
Meh. Just being your typical ignorant fan. I didn’t read anything else on FaceGram. You guys come in like flies on sht

Yep the gamecock way…who needs a 4 star wr right…when when can go to the portal and get a 6’7” wr from some division 3 school who can’t catch a cold
He didn't have many drops, didn't have a great time getting separation from coverage but you don't need to bash the kid, he made a couple plays for us this year.

Actually, that receiver can catch and did just about every pass that was thrown to him and within his wingspan. He just wasn’t used a lot for whatever reason.
He struggled getting separation when you watch him specifically, he hasn't had to route run to the level he needs in the SEC, and the reason you don't see a lot of 6'7"receivers in the first place is because they usually don't have great hips for changing direction. We have him another year and he improved as the year went on, he can still make an impact for us.

Completely uncorroborated.

Had a conversation with another father who was ranting on about how Stepp was getting ready to leave. He and most everyone hated working with Satterfield. A lot of the talk was personality, not x's and o's.

Fwiw.

Had a conversation with another father who was ranting on about how Stepp was getting ready to leave. He and most everyone hated working with Satterfield. A lot of the talk was personality, not x's and o's.

Fwiw.
Heath Cline discussed this last week or so. They hardly ever address rumors until long after the fact. The fact that he did (even though he was very neutral about it) tells me there's something to it.

Reactions: Dizzy01

Fwiw.
That has been a bit of a that talk all season and it wasn’t just about Stepp.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT