ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Enagbare says goodbye

I guess this is the new reality. Just a few years ago, many of us (me included) were...somewhat less than happy...with Deebo making this decision. Now? Meh, okay, whatever.

I guess this is the new reality. Just a few years ago, many of us (me included) were...somewhat less than happy...with Deebo making this decision. Now? Meh, okay, whatever.
Yeah I remember Clemson had a whole d line of nfl talent that came back. Not here

This dude gave us a whole year after he could've left as a first rounder, not the same as Deebo, and he shouldn't have gotten that gruff too.

Edit: on second thought, he I don't think he did finish his degree last year.

One thing to consider is that there are a lot voices in a players ear especially when the money of professional sports is on the line. A player may want to play, but is advised by his agent not to play. Sort of like when players go to combine and only do interviews. You think these don’t want to get out there and compete against their friends. Agents tell them to stand down and wait to Pro Day.

Reactions: CliffordII
Don't think Enagbare is considered a mid-rounder.
Should have stay and improve his NFL stock and that goes for any player jumping into the NFL...

And don't give me that crap that he might hurt himself in a worthless bowl game... All games are worthless unless you are play for a National Championship... Today's players are just wussies... Play the game, that's why the school gave you a scholarship to play...

Should have stay and improve his NFL stock and that goes for any player jumping into the NFL...

And don't give me that crap that he might hurt himself in a worthless bowl game... All games are worthless unless you are play for a National Championship... Today's players are just wussies... Play the game, that's why the school gave you a scholarship to play...
He will improve his draft status more at the combines than playing in a bowl game.

I wouldn't advise him to chance an injury by playing in a bowl game.....nor would anyone who had his best interests in mind.

Agree....no good reason to take the chance on a career-ending injury in what amounts to a meaningless bowl game.
Howell isn’t sitting for NC. I don’t like the ”sitting.” Never will! What’s to keep a player from deciding to sit at any point in their finale season? Sitters will always be “quitters” in my view. I wouldn’t want one in my foxhole.

Howell isn’t sitting for NC. I don’t like the ”sitting.” Never will! What’s to keep a player from deciding to sit at any point in their finale season? Sitters will always be “quitters” in my view. I wouldn’t want one in my foxhole.
Good for Howell. I hope he doesn't end up having to regret that decision.

Being in the military is a bit different, don't ya think?

Reactions: sprtanbrg_GC
He will improve his draft status more at the combines than playing in a bowl game.

I wouldn't advise him to chance an injury by playing in a bowl game.....nor would anyone who had his best interests in mind.

100% agree.

And that's the problem. Everyone looking out for their own best interests.

I wouldn't either, but I can still regret the trend and make the case that it further diminishes the status of bowls as they have become. Perhaps what is needed is a full playoff system for the current FBS schools utilizing the bowls necessary for the three playoff rounds and eliminating the rest of them. Mind you, I'm not in favor of expanding the playoffs as the system now stands, but I would be in favor of adopting the FCS system for the major football schools, using bowls as preliminary rounds leading up to the championship game.

I wouldn't either, but I can still regret the trend and make the case that it further diminishes the status of bowls as they have become. Perhaps what is needed is a full playoff system for the current FBS schools utilizing the bowls necessary for the three playoff rounds and eliminating the rest of them. Mind you, I'm not in favor of expanding the playoffs as the system now stands, but I would be in favor of adopting the FCS system for the major football schools, using bowls as preliminary rounds leading up to the championship game.
Agree. I don't like the trend, but I do see the other side from the players point of view and respect it.

Agree on expanding the playoffs. What I personally think needs changing is the rule that you can't practice without making a bowl. Open that up to all schools having a set number of practices after the final regular season game. Then take the top 3-4 school from each conference and let them battle it out in the playoffs in the already existing bowl games.

Reactions: rogue cock

Just curious, why did he play in the Clemson game then? Couldn’t he have risked an injury in that game as well.

Does a bowl game not count then as part of your season, and not against your record for that season?
Not a scheduled game...no. Plus it's close to the combines....not enough time to even cover from a minor injury. I'd still advise any player in his position to do the same and you can not convince me otherwise. This is his future....not yours or anyone elses. Are you willing to guarantee the NFL money he would lose if he got injured?

Does a bowl game not count then as part of your season, and not against your record for that season?
The way you are describing this why even have bowl games, it’s an additional game that exposes players to another chance of being injured, just play your full season and call it a year.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT