ADVERTISEMENT

Just who are these people that attend the men's games anyway? *

Why do they go and what do they expect to see? Do they not know the true definition of insanity?
I enjoy watching college basketball. I enjoy the dynamics and storylines of our team as the season progresses. I enjoy seeing the other teams and coaches.

When we win its great, when we lose it sucks. Rejoice or reload; life and the season go on.

I'll admit I'm ready for a coaching change now, but to imply people are morons because they attend the games is asinine. If I required "winning" for my attendance I'd have seen very few of my children's games coming up.

Stay home and be a Kentucky fan.

We're fans and we'll return once Martin is gone...just like we returned when Muschamp was run out of town.
BS. The basketball team draws the same base regardless. Odom’s back to back NIT champs were walk up lower level tickets and during the final four run the school was having to give away tickets through Bi-Lo to fill the arena.

People only pretend they care about basketball when the team looses. They could care less when they win.

BS. The basketball team draws the same base regardless. Odom’s back to back NIT champs were walk up lower level tickets and during the final four run the school was having to give away tickets through Bi-Lo to fill the arena.

People only fake care about basketball when the team looses. They could care less when they win.
Exactly. The same core group show up. Many more people complain on here than actually attend the games. The only time tickets are hard to come by is when we are top 10 caliber and that’s pretty rare.

I love going to basketball games, fast paced and over sooner than football or baseball - I honestly don’t care what the record is, if I’m able to go and have tix then I just like to watch.
I will grant you it’s WAYYYYYYY better when your team is good

Why do they go and what do they expect to see?
I am a supporter of our University. I am not so shallow to think we are going to never lose. Every game is a competition. I want us to win every game, but I know there is always a possibility to lose. Our opponent wants to win too. It's like win I go to Vegas. I play to win but sometimes I don't. I still go and play, because I enjoy the entertaiment.

Exactly. The same core group show up. Many more people complain on here than actually attend the games. The only time tickets are hard to come by is when we are top 10 caliber and that’s pretty rare.
Not me. My family normally goes to a good many games. Until Frank is gone, we won't go. Even my kids have lost interest with the revolving door of players.

I'm hoping this team has some type of cathartic moment that gels them and they run off like 10 in a row. Never give up till it's over

Not me. My family normally goes to a good many games. Until Frank is gone, we won't go. Even my kids have lost interest with the revolving door of players.

Well, it's a good thing we aren't like Duke or Kentucky and all of their one and done revolving door of players... your kids would never go.... oh wait....

Is there a shortage of garnet at basketball away games or something? If the team is playing bad then I imagine it’s the same small group of familiar faces going year after year……

I’m not into basketball and don’t watch it. But if they start doing good things, like making the final four, then I may find myself interested and tune in on the tv.
Ray Tanner is a horrible a/d and I wish he’d just retire at this point. He will let a major sport hit rock bottom and then drag out before he does anything. From all I hear this is the case with the mens basketball program for some time.

Last edited:
Is there a shortage of garnet at basketball away games or something? If the team is playing bad then I imagine it’s the same small group of familiar faces going year after year……

I’m not into basketball and don’t watch it. But if they start doing good things, like making the final four, then I may find myself interested and tune in on the tv.
Ray Tanner is a horrible a/d and I wish he’d just retire at this point. He will let a major sport hit rock bottom and then drag out before he does anything. From all I hear this is the case with the mens basketball program for some time.

This is quite obvious...

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I enjoy watching college basketball. I enjoy the dynamics and storylines of our team as the season progresses. I enjoy seeing the other teams and coaches.

When we win its great, when we lose it sucks. Rejoice or reload; life and the season go on.

I'll admit I'm ready for a coaching change now, but to imply people are morons because they attend the games is asinine. If I required "winning" for my attendance I'd have seen very few of my children's games coming up.

Stay home and be a Kentucky fan.
If we tell this jerk to become a Kentucky fan, then he is going to show up when Kentucky comes to town and in a better seat than me!!

• Haha
Reactions: classof95#
Yep !.....True definition of a fairweather fan. When things are good, you show up. When things are not so good, you don't.
There are many things in which my family enjoys spending time and money. Both are limited so like most families, we have to prioritize.

Watching an annual train wreck is not on the top of our list. If that makes us fair weather fans, so be it.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

People only pretend they care about basketball when the team loses. They could care less when they win.
How much less could they care?

How much less could they care?
Enough that they still don’t go to the games and they even stop talking about the team when they win.

I still suspect most of the “I don’t go” crowd didn’t go to start with.

There are many things in which my family enjoys spending time and money. Both are limited so like most families, we have to prioritize.

Watching an annual train wreck is not on the top of our list. If that makes us fair weather fans, so be it.
No. it just shows that you spend your money elsewhere. Most of us have discretionary income and make decisions like that. I have been attending MBB and WBB games since the early '70s. The first time I ever entered the Coliseum for sports, it was the first MBB practice of the 1971-72 season. More than 10,000 fans showed up and if Frank Mcguire had charged us to get in, it would have been listed as a sellout. Frank had the team scrimmage and when Tom Riker and Danny Traylor collided under the basket, the area exploded and people screamed for blood. Don't tell me Columbia won't support a winner. We got a deal thru the Athletic Department years ago for both Men's and Women's season tickets and we are not giving up either. Our choice. With all the crap our country has been thru for the last several years, criticizing people for attending a college basketball game should not make the top 100.

I couldn't tell you the last time Willy B was actually packed and sold out. It's been a long time... So if you don't win consistently, people aren't going to pack the place out. That's the way it goes.
Check the attendance at football games at every Power 5 school during the last five years and you will rethink your comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT