ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt Roper’s status...why does it need to be clarified?

Did I read that right? The one year he was at Florida they averaged more ppg and more yards per game than EITHER of the two years he's been here? And weren't we told "well Muschamp didn't have a QB, he needs a QB, then you'll see a magic show". Well?

If you watch that press conference, it definitely seemed like coach talk about Ropers status. Did anyone really believe he’d answer with yeah I’m about to fire him or if he doesn’t get the Rice job we will go ahead and let him go. Those interviews are basically to update on injuries and the rest they’re basically just saying what everyone already knows. If Roper or anybody was out everybody and their mother would know it before it was time for a press conference

He may stay, but the article surely didn't make it sound like Champ was keen on keeping him around.

Roper is in his second season as South Carolina’s offensive coordinator. The Gamecocks finished the regular season 12th in the SEC in scoring (24.1 ppg) and total yards (340.2 ypg). Last year, South Carolina was last in the SEC in scoring (20.8 ppg) and next-to-last in total offense (347.5 ypg).

“We need to be more productive offensively,” Muschamp said Sunday when asked to evaluate Roper’s performance. “There’s no doubt about that, and that’s the first thing he would tell you as well.”

Roper and Muschamp also teamed up for Muschamp’s last season as head coach at Florida. The Gators finished that season 12th in the SEC in total offense (367.6) and eighth in scoring (30.3 ppg).

“You evaluate your entire program and all three phases from a football standpoint,” Muschamp said. “It’s a constant evaluation about what we need to do to continue to get better. That’s what I’m going through right now with our entire organization, along with recruiting and a lot of other things going on.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...-football/article187866139.html#storylink=cpy

No matter you slice and dice it...

Roper's offense finishes at #12 every year...

I don't get the Bentley fascination. He had a good run in HS that was predicated on skirting the rules. The HSL changed transfer rules due to them (they were picking kids from other schools...really came to light over a kid from Greenwood). If you know anything about HS football, the Jimmies and Joes play a significant role, maybe more so than any other level. All those stats about the number of QBs he's produced, tell me one that has had a significant career in college. Bentley is not our answer.

Did I read that right? The one year he was at Florida they averaged more ppg and more yards per game than EITHER of the two years he's been here? And weren't we told "well Muschamp didn't have a QB, he needs a QB, then you'll see a magic show". Well?
What makes you think we have a QB? I've seen one missing on a lot of easy passes, but not one I'd call a good one at this point. Should've gotten Grier when he transferred.

Roper is in his second season as South Carolina’s offensive coordinator. The Gamecocks finished the regular season 12th in the SEC in scoring (24.1 ppg) and total yards (340.2 ypg). Last year, South Carolina was last in the SEC in scoring (20.8 ppg) and next-to-last in total offense (347.5 ypg).

“We need to be more productive offensively,” Muschamp said Sunday when asked to evaluate Roper’s performance. “There’s no doubt about that, and that’s the first thing he would tell you as well.”

Roper and Muschamp also teamed up for Muschamp’s last season as head coach at Florida. The Gators finished that season 12th in the SEC in total offense (367.6) and eighth in scoring (30.3 ppg).

“You evaluate your entire program and all three phases from a football standpoint,” Muschamp said. “It’s a constant evaluation about what we need to do to continue to get better. That’s what I’m going through right now with our entire organization, along with recruiting and a lot of other things going on.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...-football/article187866139.html#storylink=cpy

No matter you slice and dice it...

Roper's offense finishes at #12 every year...
At the end of the day...

What makes you think we have a QB? I've seen one missing on a lot of easy passes, but not one I'd call a good one at this point. Should've gotten Grier when he transferred.
Is Speight from Michigan any good? I see he's transferring.

agree not our qb. Next year the youth excuse is out the window.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT