ADVERTISEMENT

Let me be the 63rd person to say

Koxxsman

Sep 17, 2009
you may bash me for this. But I don't give a rat's arse. If I were Nunez, who played with my grandson in high school, I would transfer today. I would ask the NCAA for a waiver to be able to play next year at my new school. Failing that, I would either go to a division 2 school for a year where I could play right away, or go to a division 1 school and sit out a year. That would allow my injuries to heal and allow me to add a little needed weight. If he went to a division 2 school, he would probably be able to land a spot at a division one school to finish his last two years. Doesn't mean diddly to the NCAA, but I firmly believe that a freshman athlete should be allowed to transfer without penalty if the coach leaves. I'll obviously be elated when we get the NCAA out of college athletics.

why would nunez wanna leave....just cuz the coach goes doesnt necessarily mean he wants too....i will say the ncaa is a dog and pony show run by a bunch of dumb asses that have no clue what their doing

Reactions: oakley51
you may bash me for this. But I don't give a rat's arse. If I were Nunez, who played with my grandson in high school, I would transfer today. I would ask the NCAA for a waiver to be able to play next year at my new school. Failing that, I would either go to a division 2 school for a year where I could play right away, or go to a division 1 school and sit out a year. That would allow my injuries to heal and allow me to add a little needed weight. If he went to a division 2 school, he would probably be able to land a spot at a division one school to finish his last two years. Doesn't mean diddly to the NCAA, but I firmly believe that a freshman athlete should be allowed to transfer without penalty if the coach leaves. I'll obviously be elated when we get the NCAA out of college athletics.

You should post less. Thanks.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WHat? DId you say something? Oh...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: NetworkX
1322.gif

I think he should transfer to the Vols Nation myself. After sitting out a year, he can transfer again after they fire Butch in 2016. Thank goodness for Wi-Fi access there at your local McDonald's, Knoxxman. Now make sure my order is correct...chop chop!

What does your unathletic grandson have to do with anything?

It has also been said many times that a player needs to choose a school because of the school and not the coaches. Coaches can leave or be fired at any time at any school for about any reason. Players that only select a school solely because of a certain coach is taking a huge gamble. I know it happens the majority of the time but then so does coaches leaving after telling a recruit they will be here for x amount of years.

I think Nunez is a good athlete. Hope he can catch, because WR is his chance to contribute to the program. He will not be the long term QB at SC

Reactions: Pruittmatt44
I think he should transfer to the Vols Nation myself. After sitting out a year, he can transfer again after they fire Butch in 2016. Thank goodness for Wi-Fi access there at your local McDonald's, Knoxxman. Now make sure my order is correct...chop chop![

I think he should transfer to the Vols Nation myself. After sitting out a year, he can transfer again after they fire Butch in 2016. Thank goodness for Wi-Fi access there at your local McDonald's, Knoxxman. Now make sure my order is correct...chop chop!

Oh, the humanity!

Are you suggesting that college athletics can police itself?

Why would Nunez leave?.... Elliott came from App State running an offense made for a QB like Nunez.... Especially if things turn around and Elliott is kept or the powers that be hire a new coach with a similar offensive philosophy....

Reactions: nikolas22
If Nunez wants to be a starting QB at SC for the next few years and not a receiver at SC, well he should transfer.

Here's the deal............I've been a Gamecock since the day I stepped on campus. At 55, if I could choose ONE college and do it all over again................I would choose the Gamecocks (and twice on Sundays). I don't care who our coach is, I always want to win. Some of these players need to take responsibility, work hard, and be the best they can be. Everyone looking to blame someone else for something ...."I don't like my coach; They aren't using my talent correctly; If I had gone to another school I'd be a star; blah blah blah.

I hope Nunez is not anything like you and if he doesn't want to be a Gamecock.............I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out. But again, these are some posters words, not Nunez. Why don't we let him decide what he wants to do with his life.

Reactions: nikolas22
He's on the Georgia state high school championship lacrosse team and is going to Duke next year. Other than that, he's average.

I'm sure your grandson is a fine kid and congrats.........but let's not kid ourselves, Lacrosse in the state of Georgia has like what.....5 schools? My sons high school team started a girls wrestling team. Those 8 girls worked hard. They won the state championship their first two years and basically sucked........and you know why they won.......cause there were only about 6 schools in the whole state with girls wrestling.

I'm sure your grandson is a fine kid and congrats.........but let's not kid ourselves, Lacrosse in the state of Georgia has like what.....5 schools? My sons high school team started a girls wrestling team. Those 8 girls worked hard. They won the state championship their first two years and basically sucked........and you know why they won.......cause there were only about 6 schools in the whole state with girls wrestling.

Thanks for your input. I never saw a lacrosse game until he started playing a few years ago. BTW, he made the football team in high school as a quarterback, but left the team after a year to play lacrosse. Actually there are dozens of teams in the league he's in and he has played in out of state tournaments that have involved as many as 24 teams. He also played in some all star tourneys. Frankly, I still can't get wound up in the game, but I go to watch and support him.

He is a student athelete. Where would he go to get a degree more reputable than S Carolina ? If he is smart he is more worried about his education than athletics

He signed to play for the University of South Carolina. If he assumed he signed to play for the University of Steve Spurrier, he assumed wrong.

I agree with the person who suggested you should post less.

He signed to play for the University of South Carolina. If he assumed he signed to play for the University of Steve Spurrier, he assumed wrong.

I agree with the person who suggested you should post less.

I will consider your recommendation. Thanks for your input. It is appreciated.

Ok. I have SEEN a lot of dumb azz posts...........................I have no response to this one!!!! Yes I do....get your azz off this board!!! Please someone tell me a Gamecock Fan is not this DUMB. PLEASE

Thanks for your input. I never saw a lacrosse game until he started playing a few years ago. BTW, he made the football team in high school as a quarterback, but left the team after a year to play lacrosse. Actually there are dozens of teams in the league he's in and he has played in out of state tournaments that have involved as many as 24 teams. He also played in some all star tourneys. Frankly, I still can't get wound up in the game, but I go to watch and support him.

Please know I'm not flaming your grandson. Lacrosse is indeed a tough sport. My son played rugby in college.......another tough sport but probably has more interest in the south than lacrosse at this point in time. In general, I was just saying a state championship in lacrosse in GA probably doesn't have tons of teams to choose from. I didn't know crap about rugby either, but it was fun to watch. I just didn't get your "why Nunez should transfer" stuff. I would hope most kids love their school and their coach..........coach leaves.....still love your school. Running is not always the best decision. JMO

Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT