ADVERTISEMENT

Let's see how real and faithful Carolina fans are

After reading responses, my theory is validated. Back in the day the fans showed up no matter what and I mean no matter what. I think there are a lot of factors....TV coverage and better quality TVs, instant social media coverage and streaming, and just a loss of interest and loyalty to your school. And it's certainly not just us.

Yep, I remember those days. I was one of those loyal fans, while I didn't get to attend every game I attended every game that I could, considering I worked about half the Saturdays in those days. And I would agree with you as to the reason (s) for the decline in attendance.

What’s the back story on why that was scheduled on Thanksgiving? Also a weather makeup? Made for TV Thanksgiving extravaganza? Harder to schedule 11 “OOC” opponents back in the independent days?

I was alive back then, but my memory of this game and why it was played on that date is missing.

Are you not alive now? Oh my gosh....we have a ghost post!!!!

Yes, I was at that game. We played them after they played Notre Dame and before they played Oklahoma. Talk about a trap game. We almost pulled it off.

Watch No.9 for Miami hit Todd from behind at the :24 mark. A hit to the head like that would draw at least a one game suspension these days.

Maybe that dirty hit is the reason Todd thinks there is a 55 yard line. Eyeroll

Remember when people tried to say this was the best and most loyal fanbase in America? Laughing

Honestly, the worst thing that could happen to that did. Those 3 11-win seasons, and the 5- peat, killed the "we'll show up no matter what" idea.
If that's how they feel there's a local IPTAY Newspring that will be glad to take their donation!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT