ADVERTISEMENT

Let's take the high road

Cocky704

Aug 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't be like the Clemson fans were during our 5 wins in a row. Flipping the bird at the camera, acting all pushed off and saying we were a bunch of thugs yada yada.

That is what Clemson fans want. Congratulate them and move on. The fact that it does not bother you will really mKe them frustrated. Let's not stop down to their level.

Let's stop calling for firing Muschamp benching and booing Bentley on a public message board recruits read.

If there is ONE major thing I learned from the Clemson staffs even prior to Dabo, they never talk or show anything negative and they are always a championship caliber team which is just a few players away from playing for a championship, even when this was clearly not the case.

The are the best at pumping sunshine and taking it until they make it. Email the athletic department if your frustrated don't do it here.

I am excited with Hilinski and Pickens coming in and I know we are a team with greatness in us. We will get the situation fixed, just keep the dirty laundry private like our orange brethren to the northwest!

Just passing on something I have noticed as long as I can remember about them. Maybe, just maybe it works!

I think differently than yall rainbow and unicorn types. I really wish I was wired up to where I could take one and just say to myself that it was just an early prostate exam.

Agree with your thought process. But taking the positive high road (and aim not sure what other road is available at this point) sounds great. But folks are frustrated. They feel that if Muschamp is gone, that the next guy will have some unseen magic that will immediately transform the program. Some believe it is just as simple as benching a QB in favor of a 5th year QB that never showed the two staffs that coached him that he should be the starter. USC getting better is going to be a long process. Don't play in the ACC where one can finish 20th in recruiting every year and build some momentum. And the fans are upset that the team showing such dominance is their rival. Understand that. Same thing happened in baseball to Jack Legett at Clemson. He had some great teams. Unfortunately for him, their arch rival happened to be going through their all time run. If it would have been anybody else that would have won those titles Jack would still be there and they would be naming streets after him. Just the way it works. Fans often aren't realistic. They want the situation reversed right now. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen for USC football quickly no matter who is coaching

Well the only thing positive I can pull out of it was that we actually scored more than twice the points Alabama did against Clempson at their home field.

It's going to take time and hard work from 'a' staff to get us in the same situation.

The bottom line is there's clear expectations at this school and we have shown what could happen in these sports.

Baseball - two NC in a row, (almost 3)
Basketball - made the Final Four
Football - Only been to the SEC Championship game once, no BCS games

Those that are satisfied with simply 'some success' need to keep their opinions to yourselves and focus on living your medicore life.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I'm taking the long, two-rut dirt road, waay out in the sticks without a street sign; It's the one no one really even sees. No one drives on it really. Translation - Keeping on the down-low. Ignoring all the noise and not paying any attention to either side of it all.

I never congratulate fans. As I told a few of my Clemson friends when we won 5 in a row and they’d offer me congratulations: “No reason to congratulate me. I’m a fan. I just sit and watch and have nothing to do with it.”

However, a person certainly should always be respectful. There is no reason to be bitter. Fans don’t play the game. We just watch the college kids.

Don't be like the Clemson fans were during our 5 wins in a row. Flipping the bird at the camera, acting all pushed off and saying we were a bunch of thugs yada yada.

That is what Clemson fans want. Congratulate them and move on. The fact that it does not bother you will really mKe them frustrated. Let's not stop down to their level.

Just passing on something I have noticed as long as I can remember about them. Maybe, just maybe it works!

Reactions: Deac Tiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT