ADVERTISEMENT

Locking political posts

ctgarric

Nov 18, 2005
Admins:

If you want to start locking all politically leaning posts, that's your prerogative and you can do what you want.

However, It would be nice if you would make an announcement as to what the new rules are and pin it to the top.

Admins:

If you want to start locking all politically leaning posts, that's your prerogative and you can do what you want.

However, It would be nice if you would make an announcement as to what the new rules are and pin it to the top.

CT was a little over the top in their moderation, but they had a dedicated political forum and shuttled any thread the hinted of politics over there.

Since there is no political forum here, it should probably go back to straight sports. I've been quite guilty of jumping into the political fray, but just take it back to a Gamecock sports forum. Not much to really discuss, but that's life at the moment.

Reactions: Millertime6289
For those that say:

"But there is little Gamecocks sports news at the moment!!11!!!"

So what?

There are plenty of other dedicated forums and message boards to talk politics or attack the left/right or whatever. I like to think that everyone here is educated enough to go and find other places to get their political fix somewhere else.

Last edited:
Admins:

They owe no one any warnings or explanations. Users of the free board are guests with no rights to assert, not even regarding courtesy, which isn't a right anyway.

What’s awkward right now is that political policy regarding COVID has an obvious impact on whether or not the games are even played.

I get in my share of threads that turn political, but I understand this is a free board, and it would probably be better for everyone, including myself, if there were no politics. The threads aren't productive political discussions anyway. I know politics scare people away from coming to the site, so with real sports talk back, it is probably a good move. I don't care.

Edit: Oh yeah, I should add that George Soros is going to cut off my payments if I can't post political stuff, so I will have to find new avenues. I have a few paid protests coming up to get me by, so please, don't worry about me.

I get in my share of threads that turn political, but I understand this is a free board, and it would probably be better for everyone, including myself, if there were no politics. The threads aren't productive political discussions anyway. I know politics scare people away from coming to the site, so with real sports talk back, it is probably a good move. I don't care.

Edit: Oh yeah, I should add that George Soros is going to cut off my payments if I can't post political stuff, so I will have to find new avenues. I have a few paid protests coming up to get me by, so please, don't worry about me.

If you run short on cash there's a sawbuck in it for you if you will protest Ray Tanner's continued employment.

Admins:

"No Politics" isn't a new rule. Looks like they let it slide because there wasn't much else going on.

For those that say:

So what?

There are plenty of other dedicated forums and message boards to talk politics or attack the left/right or whatever. I like to think that everyone here is educated enough to go and find other places to get their political fix somewhere else.
One would thing\k that BEFORE covid, BLM, and Trump hating people would be savvy enough to post Gamecock "sports" related material other than Bentley sucks, Muschamp sucks, Tanner sucks, Martin sucks, and Kingston sucks, but that wasn't the case now was it.

One would thing\k that BEFORE covid, BLM, and Trump hating people would be savvy enough to post Gamecock "sports" related material other than Bentley sucks, Muschamp sucks, Tanner sucks, Martin sucks, and Kingston sucks, but that wasn't the case now was it.

They did suck. Well, except Bentley. He was okay.

They owe no one any warnings or explanations. Users of the free board are guests with no rights to assert, not even regarding courtesy, which isn't a right anyway.
Your last sentence should have ended "isn't a right anyway, it simply does not exist anymore, anywhere."

it would probably be better for everyone, including myself, if there were no politics...,

We can only dream.....

For those that say:

So what?

What is wrong with wanting to talk politics with friends?

What you are saying is irrelevant. You may not have liked the posts criticizing those Gamecock sports related individuals, but at least they had to do with sports. Those other things do not.

Well, Tanner was better at being a bad AD than Jake was at throwing interceptions. In fact, if Eric Hyman were still around, Jake would probably have three Heismans.

I just need Ray to go. It's all I have left.
He's retiring in 2022. Hold on just a little bit longer.

He's retiring in 2022. Hold on just a little bit longer.

Seriously? Really? I hadn't heard this. Mind you, I don't hate Ray on a personal level, the same as I don't hate Frank. I've only heard good things about them personally. I hope they both live long, rich lives, just not as AD and men's basketball coach at USC.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Seriously? Really? I hadn't heard this. Mind you, I don't hate Ray on a personal level, the same as I don't hate Frank. I've only heard good things about them personally. I hope they both live long, rich lives, just not as AD and men's basketball coach at USC.
That was the plan before Covid.

Your last sentence should have ended "isn't a right anyway, it simply does not exist anymore, anywhere."
In the world at large, I encounter courtesy every day, and certainly try to exercise it. It should be an expectation out in society, but it isn't something you can enforce. But in the context of this free board - the property of others - catering to people's preferences or their sense of what they are owed isn't really required.

Reactions: traildust55
This^, exactly...... Their board, their rules... By the way, if you see a political thread and you don't want to talk politics, don't click on it.... What's so difficult about that?

Reactions: king ward
Blocking political threads during this once in a lifetime of no sports isn't a good business model, imo
Admins give us a free site in hopes that they can move us to the pay site. Why alienate posters during this unique time

If politics were blocked everywhere we would all get along much better. There would have been no recent mass protests and riots. I guess politics were the only thing to talk about while sports were shutdown.

What is wrong with wanting to talk politics with friends?

I don’t consider anyone here a friend.
The mods can do what they want of course. I think it’s laughable that they don’t allow people on a free board to talk about whatever they want. But it’s not my board, thankfully.

If politics were blocked everywhere we would all get along much better. There would have been no recent mass protests and riots. I guess politics were the only thing to talk about while sports were shutdown.

No we wouldn’t. You think if people can’t talk about their obvious differences they don’t exist and won’t come out in other ways? Of course they will.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
In the world at large, I encounter courtesy every day, and certainly try to exercise it. It should be an expectation out in society, but it isn't something you can enforce. But in the context of this free board - the property of others - catering to people's preferences or their sense of what they are owed isn't really required.
You spend all your time on the golf course, where courtesy is part of the consideration afforded each other (except for those detestable slow play groups- they deserve whatever rudeness can be unleashed on them...lol). If only the real world were so genial.

You spend all your time on the golf course, where courtesy is part of the consideration afforded each other (except for those detestable slow play groups- they deserve whatever rudeness can be unleashed on them...lol). If only the real world were so genial.
I was treated well in New York. That clinched it for me. Most people are cordial enough. The jerks are the outliers

The mods can do what they want of course. I think it’s laughable that they don’t allow people on a free board to talk about whatever they want. But it’s not my board, thankfully.

Well, I do consider some people on this board friends. I have met a couple in person.

Reactions: king ward
I'm in complete agreement with 75% of that post - which is a high percentage, considering.

This virus will be over soon. We will then be left to witness the crapfest that Ray Tanner has created.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT