ADVERTISEMENT

Losing a generation of fans....

Goose cock

May 12, 2019
.... i live in Spartanburg. It has always been majority gamecock. Because of our refusal to compete that is changing. I am seeing it. We are losing the younger generation of fans to be to the uringe. I assume the rest of the state is the same. We look ridiculous. This can’t continue. #notadime

.... i live in Spartanburg. It has always been majority gamecock. Because of our refusal to compete that is changing. I am seeing it. We are losing the younger generation of fans to be to the uringe. I assume the rest of the state is the same. We look ridiculous. This can’t continue. #notadime

I too live in Spartanburg. And I'll be honest, I have never seen so much Clemson stuff as I do now.

You don’t see as much evidence of Gamecock fans walking and driving around right here Columbia either. More Clemson stuff, even at the gym I go to. But Carolina’s football season ended weeks ago and Clemson still has the NC left to play.

Lol remembering Tanner said most fans told him to keep Boom. I feel this is a Tanner spin to save his neck or a bunch of CEMSON fans pretending to be Gamecocks. Either way crappy time to be a Gamecock. Yes more and more young ones will admire the taters. That's how a fan base grows. But those of us that have ties going there etc. will be there. I could see and do see the shrinking of our fan base.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
Your post is vague. Losing a generation of fans? Huh?

Lol remembering Tanner said most fans told him to keep Boom. I feel this is a Tanner spin to save his neck or a bunch of CEMSON fans pretending to be Gamecocks. Either way crappy time to be a Gamecock. Yes more and more young ones will admire the taters. That's how a fan base grows. But those of us that have ties going there etc. will be there. I could see and do see the shrinking of our fan base.
With respect to WM...this board is a huge exception to the norm. I think many who took threads sideways with constant negative attacks on other boards and got kicked off, ended up migrating to this board.

Last edited:
It’s not looking good in Greenville County either. Most of the stores only carry Clemson gear and it’s never been that way. Even during the down years and it’s more than just losing. People are not informed about the program anymore. It used to be noise coming out of Columbia about our Gamecocks, and a lot of players used to be household names even if they wasn’t big stars. Will Muschamp has put a muzzle on the team and it’s not good!

No need to fret.... Clemson won’t recruit them when they become stud athletes. (At least for football). They are too good for the kids from South Carolina. (Said with much sarcasm)

they can go anywhere in the country to recruit. Unfortunately, way too many good players in SC can’t qualify academically.

When I was a little kid the Dallas Cowboys were one of my teams. Everything I owned was Dallas. Well I ain’t a Cowboys fan today and wasn’t after childhood. Kids are fickle and just pulling for the top teams, Recall a few years ago how there were more FSU and Miami fans in Greenville than there were in Florida.

Definitely, there's a large segment of the state that is neutral on the rivalry who will absolutely lean Clemson's way for the foreseeable future. That's gonna really sting in 10 or so years

Reactions: Brace1
With respect to WM...this board is a huge exception to the norm. I think may who took threads sideways with constant negative attacks on other boards and got kicked off, ended up migrating to this board.

You got a point here, a very good one. But I myself, for the most part, believe it or not, I know I have only a few over 100+ posts here. I have never been band from any site for those reasons. Been banned 1 time for posting insider stuff. (NOT HERE THOUGH), I am guilty and was wrong on my part. I have been around before this was even a paysite. I have had a few usernames (3). That would go back like 1999 or 2000 Headball I tried my best to get my old name back with my post, but have failed. I just really never posted much under any and I was very upbeat really for the most part. but the last few years have just been a kick in the gut. I think I realize I will be 68 and time is running out on us old farts. Be honest never, never thought I would see the Taters today winning like this, a double kick.

Sometimes I think Ray drinks. Heavily. It’s the only explanation for some of the idiotic things he says.

Can’t blame them. Have you ever invited people over to watch a Carolina game? It’s brutal, embarrassing. Kids pick up on stuff like that.

On the bright side, I can now wear my Gamecock gear anywhere I go and get mostly looks of pity and confusion.

Not picking a fight but I grew up here. It was always 60-40 in favor of Clemson. The only time I remember seeing more USC stuff was during the 5 year run. Even the bandwagoners were mostly CLem. You know the ones who were UNC/Duke bball fans and Clemson/Neb/ND/whoever football fans.

I just got back from 6 days with family at Walt Disney World. I saw 1 teenager in a USC t-shirt. That was it, and I was looking. Other big schools were more represented. As for the taters, it was like Dunkin in Boston, at least one on every corner. Amazing and depressing.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Not picking a fight but I grew up here. It was always 60-40 in favor of Clemson. The only time I remember seeing more USC stuff was during the 5 year run. Even the bandwagoners were mostly CLem. You know the ones who were UNC/Duke bball fans and Clemson/Neb/ND/whoever football fans.

Wow, i haven’t seen that. When i lived in gvl it was about 60-40.

It’s happened before.

Reactions: rogue cock
The short sighted stupidity of our AD and BOT knows no bounds.

I went to USC with several current BOT members, and I can attest that they were dumber than *scatah - common sense-wise. We need some kick-ass non-career lawyers on the BOT - businessmen who know how to go for the throat. Carolina has always put 'em out in droves. We need a bunch of 'em on the BOT . . . NOW!

*scatah - phonetic Greek for . . . figure it out.

Can’t blame them. Have you ever invited people over to watch a Carolina game? It’s brutal, embarrassing. Kids pick up on stuff like that.

On the bright side, I can now wear my Gamecock gear anywhere I go and get mostly looks of pity and confusion.

I got a free pattie melt lunch off that pity. It does work add the sad face though helps too.

I’ve noticed most of my younger workers (who were in High School during the 5 bomb era) are Carolina fans and the majority of kids at my children’s Middle and High now lean towards Clemson. Kids at that age just want to be associated with winning. Kinda predictable.

I agree and stated this in a previous thread but Im not sure it matters. Our AD and BOT are shortsighted. Money is pouring in right now and that's all that matters.

Reactions: Brace1
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I became a Gamecock fan during those halcyon years of multiple conference and national football championships. Oh, for a return to those glory years that caused me to become a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT