ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville should move ahead of Clemson

They should drop to the 8-10 range. They lost to a 22-point dog...at home! Horrible loss...plus Auburn lost today, so their win over them is less valuable.

Last edited:
Sure. Clemson lost to a 5-4 team that has ZERO quality wins, tater.

Go back to taternet. We ain't buying

2000 posts and I'm a tater? You're not real bright.

I'd bet all the money I have that Clemson will stay in the top ten. Not sure what that has to do with rooting or not rooting for the team.

Of course they should! Otherwise, you are saying that nothing else matters other than head-to-head - how ridiculous is that? Louisville barely loses to Clemson early in the season, on the road, while Clemson loses at home to Pitt, a 5-4 team, now. If you keep Clemson ahead of Louisville, then you are saying that it doesn`t matter that they lost today - absurd! Louisville barely losing to Clemson is not a bad loss. Clemson beat N.C. State at home due to a missed FG, then loses to Pitt. That would be total overthinking for someone not to drop Clemson below Louisville. I thought all games mattered.

I warned you guys about the playoff system. If we still had the BCS, Clemson would be toast. But if Clemson runs the table the rest of the way, they're in.

Sure. Clemson lost to a 5-4 team that has ZERO quality wins, tater.

Go back to taternet. We ain't buying
Pitt has wins over two teams in the top 10 And 3 of their losses are to ranked teams by less than 7 points. So much for "ZERO quality wins".

Clemson not only will not drop out of the top 10 (couldn't quit laughing when I read that), Clemson won't drop out of the top 4. And Clemson will not be ranked behind Louisville.

We could very well see 1 alabama 2 osu 3 clempson 4 louisville.

Would rather see 1 alabama 2 clampson 3 louisville 4 osu.

We could very well see 1 alabama 2 osu 3 clempson 4 louisville.

Would rather see 1 alabama 2 clampson 3 louisville 4 osu.

2 ACC teams seems like a stretch. If Penn State beats Rutgers and Michigan State, Ohio State won't make the Big Ten Championship even with a win over Michigan. I believe Ohio State would have a better chance to get in with a 1 loss and no conference championship than Louisville. A 2 loss Big Ten Champion would also probably get in as well. But anything is possible at this point. The Big XII champ is back in the discussion.

Of course they should! Otherwise, you are saying that nothing else matters other than head-to-head - how ridiculous is that? Louisville barely loses to Clemson early in the season, on the road, while Clemson loses at home to Pitt, a 5-4 team, now. If you keep Clemson ahead of Louisville, then you are saying that it doesn`t matter that they lost today - absurd! Louisville barely losing to Clemson is not a bad loss. Clemson beat N.C. State at home due to a missed FG, then loses to Pitt. That would be total overthinking for someone not to drop Clemson below Louisville. I thought all games mattered.
FWIW, that's the way I see it too. UL's loss is a "better loss".

Reactions: BigTomE
Guys, if Clemson wins out, they will be in the playoff - unless Ohio St upsets Michigan, giving the committee a hard choice to take both. No way a one loss champion of a tough division gets left out against anybody (with the exception of the dual one loss blue bloods of the B1G). It doesn't matter what ranking they fall to on Tuesday. They will pass anybody else for the fourth spot by conference championship week.

Of course, Clemson may not win out. They are nowhere near as dominant as last year's team...
I tend to agree with you here. But guess who can eliminate them from the playoff. The USC.

We need to do our job and eliminate them from the playoff. That is what it boils down to. They are in the playoff otherwise (unless they stub their toe in the ACC championship - against who?).

We need to do our job and eliminate them from the playoff. That is what it boils down to. They are in the playoff otherwise (unless they stub their toe in the ACC championship - against who?).

We wouldn't be in the playoff conversation if we were number 2 and lost to an Unranked team

Reactions: BigTomE
without reading all responses, Louisville is the better team. should they move ahead?? YES, in the polls, however, Pickens did beat them, but the way pickens has squeaked by (with help from Refs) so many times.. Louisville should be ranked higher.. even yesterday PITT got screwed, the 100 yard fumble TD should not have been overturned.. not enough to confirm nor overturn,..

Acc champ game shouldn't get Taterrs in playoff. So what if they beat a vt team that tennesse stomped. VT is bad

We wouldn't be in the playoff conversation if we were number 2 and lost to an Unranked team
No. We wouldn't. Clemson is only in because of where they started and what they did last year. Just look at Washington. They lose to a ranked, SCal team that won 4 in a row coming in. They should be ahead of Clemson and Michigan after those two teams lost. But Washington is behind Louisville in the first 4 out. Makes no sense other than that Washington started the season unranked. It's the same crappy system we had with BCS. Too many regular season games and not enough playoff teams. Make it 10 regular season games and 16 playoff teams. Keep the other bowls, too.

Reactions: jonesz21
No. We wouldn't. Clemson is only in because of where they started and what they did last year. Just look at Washington. They lose to a ranked, SCal team that won 4 in a row coming in. They should be ahead of Clemson and Michigan after those two teams lost. But Washington is behind Louisville in the first 4 out. Makes no sense other than that Washington started the season unranked. It's the same crappy system we had with BCS. Too many regular season games and not enough playoff teams. Make it 10 regular season games and 16 playoff teams. Keep the other bowls, too.

Yeah and beating a crappy va tech team shouldn't secure u a spot in playoff either. They are really bad

Reactions: HI Cock
Need Washington to go undefeated as well. I think Clemson's chances are still pretty good, to be honest, even though I don't think it's right. Clemson hasn't passed the eye test this year, but the committee is all about conference champions.
Of course, Washington conveniently lost too! The media LOVES Clemson and with their guy on the committee they'll find a way to get Clemson in there. Clemson will land on their feet like "cats" do! Just my opinion!

In todays poll Louisville did move ahead of Clemons...Let the fireworks begin..Truth is Clemons has a bad loss and Louisvlle doesn't...Louisville lost early and Clemons lost at home in the heat of Nov crucial matchups

In todays poll Louisville did move ahead of Clemons...Let the fireworks begin..Truth is Clemons has a bad loss and Louisvlle doesn't...Louisville lost early and Clemons lost at home in the heat of Nov crucial matchups
AP yes. Interested to see playoff rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT