ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game Saturday...

gamecocks247

Feb 2, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks we should go into LSU and win this weekend? LSU's starting QB out.Both backups are freshman, who have never thrown a pass in a college football game.

LSU has one of the worst defenses in college football (gave up over 600 yards passing to Miss st, who are 1-3 and offense has been trash), (gave up 580 yards to Missouri and a freshman QB, this was also Missouri's only win of the season).

The game is on the road, but there is really no "home field advantage" this season. We as fans should expect a win, right? When is everything going to line up for us like this, against LSU?

Am I the only one who thinks we should go into LSU and win this weekend? LSU's starting QB out.Both backups are freshman, who have never thrown a pass in a college football game.

LSU has one of the worst defenses in college football (gave up over 600 yards passing to Miss st, who are 1-3 and offense has been trash), (gave up 580 yards to Missouri and a freshman QB, this was also Missouri's only win of the season).

The game is on the road, but there is really no "home field advantage" this season. We as fans should expect a win, right? When is everything going to line up for us like this, against LSU?

We have made back ups look like world beaters before. At least with Brennan we had tape and could prepare for him.

We share a common opponent in Vandy, and it shook out about even.. Both games at Vandy. Identical score, 41-7. Yards gained (USC/LSU): 485/498. Yards given up (USC/LSU): 249/266. Both us and LSU had 1 turnover. Vandy had 2 turnovers in each game.

I hope we win, but this is exactly the type of game we rip defeat from the jaws of victory. What I like to call a Muschamp special.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
LSU is still LSU, loaded with Athletes across the Board South Carolina will have to play error free offense and get a couple takeaways to win.... BUT, i say they get the win, Cocks win
31-27

Last edited:
If we continue to improve and we play our best Saturday we can certainly win the game. But LSU has to continue to play mediocre football. If they gain confidence with some early momentum it could be a long night for us. As someone else noted we have made unknowns look like Heisman Trophy winners before.

And it also seems that teams tend to play their best game of the season against us for some reason.

Tennessee’s best game was against Mizzou.
Florida’s best game was against Ole Miss.
Vandy’s best game was a 5 point loss at A&M.
Auburn‘s best game was against KY.

This week's game is a golden opportunity because it is a game we can win! LSU are not the world beaters like they were last year. If we win this game, we have all the momentum heading towards the Texas A&M game. And momentum is what we need in order to finally whoop the Aggies' butts!!!

Reactions: coolcock2001
Sure would be sweet to return the favor A&M gave us in 2014 and knock them off their high horse. Yes, I’m getting way to ahead of the situation, but always remember that opener in 2014 and the crashing end of the greatest era of Gamecock football and the beginning of 7+ frustrating years.

Yep. Baton Rouge at night with a touch over 25,000 fans. It won't be quiet. We played in front of no fans at Vandy and a little less than 16,000 against Auburn.
I believe A&M had around that many at their home game vs Florida this year & Dan Mullen said that crowd had a big impact on that game.

Reactions: cockofdawn
We'll have to overcome some history in this game as well, though not nearly as daunting as the Auburn game. We are 2-18-1 all-time vs LSU and have won once in Baton Rouge, in 1994 during the disastrous Curley Hallman era. That was probably the most forgettable time for LSU fans.

That 2012 game was winnable, but Shaw was off. Marcus was shut down. Mustered just 211 total yards on offense. Still only lost by 2 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack

These points are all true and yes, we have a shot! Do not forget for one second though that LSU has recruited VERY VERY WELL over the past 4-5 years and, despite losing 17/22 starters from last year’s team- they are still insanely talented top to bottom!

This is not a “we SHOULD win” situation, but it is certainly a game we CAN win. It will take a lot of good fortune and big plays for us to pull it off though. Do not forget for one second, that hey are a TD favorite and if we compare the teams player by player on paper, this would be a HUGE upset.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT