ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Kickoff @ Noon ESPN

Probably doesn't help Carolina's chances at an upset...

I'd disagree here. That noon kickoff means an 11 o'clock game to them on the road against a team they should crush. USC fans will be there... they always are (just not as drunk as usual) so WB will be noisy. That's the definition of a trap game for LSU.

Fournette will wrap up the trip to New York after this game. Noon games are for the weakest teams.
Maybe we tell him the game starts at 330 or 700. Better yet tell him "game cancelled". Stay home.

We are not perceived as good enough to give them a good game. In other words it doesn't say anything about LSU....it says something about LSU's opponent. Sad....but true.....
It was humor, but I think we gibe LSU a better game then most think.

When a football program starts getting a lot of noon games, it is a sign the program is not very good.

Not so, really. The Taters have played lots of Noon games over the past 10 years, and everyone knows they play powerful conference members from the mighty ACC and that Quempson is the 'most wonderfulist, greatest, magnificent football program in the whole wide world!' Yeah, Taters!

On the bright side, if we somehow win, we'll be talked about all day Saturday afternoon and night.

Really this may just be our year to play a lot of noon games. As I recall one year Auburn had five and they were pretty good.

When a football program starts getting a lot of noon games, it is a sign the program is not very good.

One step from ESPN3 and watching via the web. I dont know about anyone else but not quite ready to connect my laptop to my TV to watch the games.

One step from ESPN3 and watching via the web. I dont know about anyone else but not quite ready to connect my laptop to my TV to watch the games.
Watch ESPN is a great app and streams incredibly well on Chromecast. How many people watching our game is irrelevant to me.

Watch ESPN is a great app and streams incredibly well on Chromecast. How many people watching our game is irrelevant to me.

But being on ESPN3 instead of CBS or a night ESPN game makes a huge difference. It matters in recruiting and most everywhere else.

But being on ESPN3 instead of CBS or a night ESPN game makes a huge difference. It matters in recruiting and most everywhere else.
Well I know that and but with the SEC contract with ESPN we wont be on ESPN3 except for baseball and occasionally maybe a basketball game.

I'd disagree here. That noon kickoff means an 11 o'clock game to them on the road against a team they should crush. USC fans will be there... they always are (just not as drunk as usual) so WB will be noisy. That's the definition of a trap game for LSU.

I agree. I think LSU playing down is more important than us being up. See their game at Syracuse for evidence.

How do we always manage to avoid Auburn when they suck and end up with LSU only when they're really good? Then when Auburn is good you can bet they'll be back on our schedule.

Reactions: GamecockTripp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT