ADVERTISEMENT

LSU National Champs vs UGA National Champs: Who Wins?

GCfan4life

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Considering the power of that Joe Burrow LSU team and this year's UGA team.... who wins if they played?

We saw what Bryce Young did to them when he had his WR's. IMO, Burrow and his WR's were better than a healthy Young and Co. Like Batgirl said, probably not a Clemson beatdown better, but they'd still win pretty handily IMO.

LSU. That was one of the best college teams I've ever seen... destroyed everyone. Best offense of all time, and half their defensive guys left for the NFL after too. Think they had 5 guys drafted in the 1st round. I'd put that team up against anyone. Maybe the early 2000's Miami teams would give them a decent game.

Not so sure last years's Alabama was not right there with LSU...Alabama dominated everybody and won the NC without Jaylen Waddle who was hobbled.Look at the number of offensive first rounders they had.You could make the argument the slight difference in LSU's favor may have been Joe slightly better than Mack howver on the OL and RB I give slight edge to Bama.Wr's about even.Bama was the second best team by a slight margin the year before.Losing to LSU by 7 in a great game.I think if Bama made the playoff they would have beat Clemson or Ohio State.

Reactions: DarkCock
I think this Georgia team was probably one of the weaker championship teams in the past 5 or 6 years. Yes they were good and REALLY good on defense but the past 5-6 national champions have had juggernaut offenses to go with solid defense. I think you put UGA up against those others and they would not be able to score enough to win.

I believe it would be a LSU beat down! Their receivers were much better than Georgia 's, the running back mIght be a LSU lean. Remember Clyde Edwards-Helaire was fantastic, and a great pro now. Obviously Borrows was a beast and would light up even the Georgia defense. Alabama played the NC short handed on offense. I think they would have won again if at full strength. The Georgia defense was slightly better than the LSU defense, to me.

I think that UGA defense was better then that LSU defense. But I say LSU because of Burrow as the difference maker. That would be a fun game to watch.

Burrow would have made the difference. Bama had their chances but dropped balls and a couple missed throws cost them not to score TDs in the red zone. Burrow wouldn't have made those mistakes

Bama would have won this year if they had there receivers they could not play bama football and stretch the field.

LSU wins, and I don't think it would even be close. Their defense was good, but I've never seen an offense to match them.

With how Alabama recruits how were they so depleted at receiver? Depth isn’t an excuse Alabama should be getting!

I say LSU as well by about 2 touchdowns. It is interesting though that everyone says LSU so far. That shows how incredible that team was, particularly on offense.

I think Alabama's team from 2019 would beat the 2022 Georgia team as well.They lost a tough game to LSU by 7,albeit it was at home,but an absolutely incredible collection of offensive talent.With Bryce Young or maybe Mack Jones at QB that team beats LSU.

The answer is easy: LSU. A high power offense will always defeat a dominating defense. The former is proactive while the latter is reactive. LSU wins over Georgia by at least 14 points.

The real matchup would be 2018 Clemson vs 2019 LSU. Either one of those squads would win easily vs this UGA team. That 2018 Clemson team with their dominant front four could shut down any squad when they were dialed in. It's still crazy that Jake Bentley threw for so many yards yet they allowed 3 points to ND and 16 to Bama in the CFP. Go back and look at the offensive talent Bama had on that team and most of them are starting in the NFL now.

2018 Clemson had a dominant offense and defense moreso than 2019 LSU but there was something magical about that LSU offense by the time they hit the end of the year with Burrow and all of those first rounds WRs. That Power Rangers DL from Clemson would have given them a legit shot since they could get pressure without blitzing. UGA wouldn't stand a chance against either of those teams. 2021 Bama would have beat them easily again if they didn't lose not one but two 1000 yards receivers, and this was nowhere near the best Bama team under Saban.

2019 LSU would name their score against this UGA team. I don't think this UGA defense was historic. They were very good, but they played a historically weak slate of offensive teams beginning with Clemson this year. They had nothing for Bama when Bama had their real receivers on the field.

We saw what Bryce Young did to them when he had his WR's. IMO, Burrow and his WR's were better than a healthy Young and Co. Like Batgirl said, probably not a Clemson beatdown better, but they'd still win pretty handily IMO.
Define handily? clemson only lost by 17, so 14? 10?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT