ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cuban and Elon Musk

CockTail73

Mar 27, 2011
Say automation will replace humans in the workplace... so who the hell is going to be buying these products these robots make?

Reactions: roosterbell
Cuban has been brainwashed by leftwing loons....If the automatons are made in the good ole USA there will always been a workplace...Robots don't make themselves and don't maintenance themselves..Just keep taxes low and minimize regulations and there will always be plenty of jobs..As long as you control immigration that is

Mark Cuban is no Elon Musk. Musk made an electric car that works and reuses rockets leading to drastically reduced launch fees.

If robots manufacture high volume items they will be much cheaper.

Cuban runs his mouth about not much.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Say automation will replace humans in the workplace... so who the hell is going to be buying these products these robots make?

You guys been in a factory lately, he is completely right but this revolution started a long time ago. Go to the BMW factory and tell me if the humans do much more than load the machines

Bridgestone just announced a $160 million expansion to the Wilson, NC plant. In that, they are hiring 16 people. 16! Factories do not hire thousands and thousands and let them work until retirement anymore. Those days are gone

If you drive a car or truck, it was partially made by robots. Westinghouse has a plant on Bluff Road that uses automation to manufacture nuclear fuel rods (for 20+ years). Taxis will be replaced with self driving cars in the next 20 years. My six and four year old kids may never actually drive a car. The DOD uses a computer "therapist" to assist soldiers with PTSD and depression. When you use an ATM machine, that function was once done by a bank teller. Flight boarding passes used to come from ticket agents and travel arrangements used to be done by travel agents.

Don't fool yourself into thinking this is a conspiracy theory.

If you drive a car or truck, it was partially made by robots. Westinghouse has a plant on Bluff Road that uses automation to manufacture nuclear fuel rods (for 20+ years). Taxis will be replaced with self driving cars in the next 20 years. My six and four year old kids may never actually drive a car. The DOD uses a computer "therapist" to assist soldiers with PTSD and depression. When you use an ATM machine, that function was once done by a bank teller. Flight boarding passes used to come from ticket agents and travel arrangements used to be done by travel agents.

Don't fool yourself into thinking this is a conspiracy theory.

Excellent post. Unfortunately the clowns that use phrases like "liberal media" won't get it. And when they lose their jobs to automation (something Bill Gates has recently spoken about), they'll be sure to blame it on a Mexican.

Excellent post. Unfortunately the clowns that use phrases like "liberal media" won't get it. And when they lose their jobs to automation (something Bill Gates has recently spoken about), they'll be sure to blame it on a Mexican.
This really gets interesting. Are we going to use American robots or Mexican robots to automat the factories (robototories?)? Who is going to get to program the robot news "reporters?" Conservatives, anti-capitalism liberals or Mark Cuban?

Sooo...automation in factories, transportation, and even retail now...hmmm

Where are we headed? Who has the answers

This really gets interesting. Are we going to use American robots or Mexican robots to automat the factories (robototories?)? Who is going to get to program the robot news "reporters?" Conservatives, anti-capitalism liberals or Mark Cuban?

This does not mean, humans go away and it is a lights out operation. What he is talking about is factory that employed 2000 workers 20 years ago, have 1000 today and will have 200 in 10 years. All with increased output. And expect self driving taxis in 5-10 years. They are here today and there is not a car manufacturer that does not have a self driving program. We are entering the era of robots and cloud computing will rule the world

Reactions: Out of Conference
This does not mean, humans go away and it is a lights out operation. What he is talking about is factory that employed 2000 workers 20 years ago, have 1000 today and will have 200 in 10 years. All with increased output. And expect self driving taxis in 5-10 years. They are here today and there is not a car manufacturer that does not have a self driving program. We are entering the era of robots and cloud computing will rule the world
I do not dispute what you are saying or the future. Just regret I won't be here so I can demonstrate my true calling and abilities on the golf course. (Oh well, I guess robots for that, too.)

If you're in the work force or soon to enter it, if you don't have excellent technical skills you'll be left behind. I won't hire someone unless they have great computer skills.

I read an article on self driving trucks. The trucking industry is the largest employer in 30+ states. A start up plans to manufacture a self driving retro fit kit for trucks which will be on the market in 2-3 years. The trucks will have a ride along companion to attend to their needs. Hell someone has to pump the diesel, change computer settings etc.

So there are going to be a hell of a lot of unemployed truck drivers.

This automation panic is typical liberal propaganda..It's not their onerous taxes and oppressive regulations killing jobs....It's automation...It is always the fault of something else...Robots are manufactured, programmed and maintained by humans...Self driving vehicles(an idea doomed to failure) take one job away..While adding the jobs required to produce, program, dispatch and maintain the vehicles...This tech obviously does not diminish jobs in the market...Jobs began leaving the USA long before the automated advancements progressed to today's levels...The reasons are very obvious...Taxes, regulation and Union wages drove our manufacturing base to China, Mexico and S.Korea for cheaper labor, lower taxes and fewer regulations..

There is no way to automate humans out of the job market...Maybe 200 years from now machines will design, manufacture, maintain and program themselves..But that's science fiction today...What we have now is an evolving job market that demands different skill sets and different educational backgrounds...Keep the jobs here and retrain the workforce..The only way to keep the jobs here is to lower manufacturing costs...Thus lower taxes, cut regulations and expand right to work...

Appears Walmart (91% of items sold made in China) and Amazon taking over retail sales. My question is....Will robots be able to hit a curve ball?

Reactions: jon#
Appears Walmart (91% of items sold made in China) and Amazon taking over retail sales. My question is....Will robots be able to hit a curve ball?
I tell you what, I'm not paying full price on tickets to see a bunch of tin men play football on Saturdays. If you want to go all the way with robots you may as well take it all the way.

This automation panic is typical liberal propaganda..It's not their onerous taxes and oppressive regulations killing jobs....It's automation...It is always the fault of something else...Robots are manufactured, programmed and maintained by humans...Self driving vehicles(an idea doomed to failure) take one job away..While adding the jobs required to produce, program, dispatch and maintain the vehicles...This tech obviously does not diminish jobs in the market...Jobs began leaving the USA long before the automated advancements progressed to today's levels...The reasons are very obvious...Taxes, regulation and Union wages drove our manufacturing base to China, Mexico and S.Korea for cheaper labor, lower taxes and fewer regulations..

There is no way to automate humans out of the job market...Maybe 200 years from now machines will design, manufacture, maintain and program themselves..But that's science fiction today...What we have now is an evolving job market that demands different skill sets and different educational backgrounds...Keep the jobs here and retrain the workforce..The only way to keep the jobs here is to lower manufacturing costs...Thus lower taxes, cut regulations and expand right to work...

So regulations are bad. Ok. Next time you are riding down the interstate remember that the big truck you are riding behind is driven by a guy who congress said can drive 70 hours per week and that the tour bus that you just passed may be driven by a 80 year old guy

Last edited:
Although many may not like his politics, what Cuban is saying is pretty spot on. Very few industries will not be affected. As some have posted some factories has as few as 16 people. The BMW plant in Greenville is a prime example. I've been in airport restaurants where I placed an order on in-house Ipad. There a very few traders on the floor at the NYSE, overwhelming majority of trades are automated. Just some minor examples
Just look at your daily lives, how often are you dealing with a bank teller, or use a travel agent, do you stand in line to buy tickets to events or go online ?

It's happening right now

So regulations are bad. Ok. Next time you are riding down the interstate remember that the big truck you are riding behind is driven by a guy who congress said can drive 70 hours per week and that the tour bus that you just passed may be driven by a 80 year old guy
okay here we go...typical strawman by a leftist...nobody said anything about traffic regulations...the thesis is obviously over regulation of the workplace that makes manufacturing here in the USA too expensive...

I don't think you're going to make any progress with a guy like that. It's bizarre to imagine anyone would use the term liberal propaganda while in the past month the White House has lied about the following:

-Kellyanne Conway lied and said there was a terrorist attack in Bowling Green, Kentucky that the media covered up.
-Kellyanne Conway said that same lie the next day.

-Sean Spicer lied and said there was a terrorist attack from refugees in Atlanta. The only terrorist attack to take place in Atlanta was the right wing nutjob Olympic Bomber (Eric Rudolph).

-Michael Flynn (NSA adviser who was fired) says he's had no contact with Russian ambassadors.
-Mike Pence says Michael Flynn has had no contact with Russian ambassadors.
-Michael Flynn was fired for having contact with Russia about lifting sanctions.

-The Trump team has ordered the Council of Economic Advisers to falsely claim 3 - 3.5% of economic growth.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...an-those-of-cbo-private-economists-1487356278

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a3817ac21a5_story.html?utm_term=.a316e6efc168

-Trump reported to the media that there was an ongoing terrorist attack in Sweden. There was not any attack. The Swedish embassy asked Trump to clarify. Instead of contacting them, he decided to tweet a response.

But anyway... yep.. it's all liberal propaganda.

Last edited:
Although many may not like his politics, what Cuban is saying is pretty spot on. Very few industries will not be affected. As some have posted some factories has as few as 16 people. The BMW plant in Greenville is a prime example. I've been in airport restaurants where I placed an order on in-house Ipad. There a very few traders on the floor at the NYSE, overwhelming majority of trades are automated. Just some minor examples
Just look at your daily lives, how often are you dealing with a bank teller, or use a travel agent, do you stand in line to buy tickets to events or go online ?

It's happening right now

Dude please it is not a static equation...The dynamics of technological advancement leads to automation and innovations that create new job fields as rapidly as they get rid of some manual labor...The new job fields require new skills and different educational backgrounds...You guys pretend automation is some matrix like horror that makes humans obsolete...That so silly and short sighted...

Dude please it is not a static equation...The dynamics of technological advancement leads to automation and innovations that create new job fields as rapidly as they get rid of some manual labor...The new job fields require new skills and different educational backgrounds...You guys pretend automation is some matrix like horror that makes humans obsolete...That so silly and short sighted...

Huh ?
That was exactly my point, where exactly are you reading that I inferred that this was a horror story as opposed to how many of our daily activities have now become automated.

Reactions: vehemon and ddw1263
Huh ?
That was exactly my point, where exactly are you reading that I inferred that this was a horror story as opposed to how many of our daily activities have now become automated.

Okay my bad..When i joust with silly liberals the missiles soar all over the place:)

It's happening right now
This is not correct. One big reason for that is that NY is no longer the center of the trading universe. It's still a major part but there's been a huge swing of the physical locations of traders. Every major city in the US now has multiple trading floors. Charlotte has one of the biggest trading floors in the nation. 95% of the trader's I've worked with in the last 10 years have either been stationed in Philadelphia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Charlotte, San Francisco, or Portland.

Things aren't completely automated as you would imagine in the trading world. There's still a lot of oversight in trades and the payments that actually make up these trades. The physical booking and processing of trades is automated but you still have a lot of human eyes verifying trades. (Especially trades over a certain USD Amount).

As automation is increased, what you will have is more skilled labors hiding behind the scenes to create/maintain/support it all.

A little side note;
I don't get what the fascination is with the NYSE. I'm assuming it has a lot to do with the movies in the 80's and The Wolf of Wallstreet. Here's a fun fact. The amount of money that moves through the stock exchanges in the world every year is about the equivalent of money that moves through the FX market DAILY.

Maybe because they are making quotes like this, " said Eric Ryan, a spokesman for the NYSE. “When things are going fine—90% of the time you don’t need a person, but when there are imbalances, instability, or when a fat-fingered trader orders a million shares instead of 10,000, our guys can catch it before it hits the marketplace.”

...Is why they are having problems.

Between front, middle, and back office desk, every trade is getting oversight even if it was automatically booked. There's checks and balances a business should be making with so much risk on the table. The simple fact of how the business transactions are taking place adds manual oversight. The prices banks and trading platforms are quoting out to you are already marked up for their profit through various types of spreading approaches. Even then, if you make a trade over 10,000 or so, you have a trader that manually will confirm it before he lets it hit his system.

If it's truly 100% automated without any manual oversight... you have things like this happen.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/09/technology/knight-expensive-computer-bug/

Chewbacca.jpg

Reactions: lawcalcock
Who will make the robots?

Illegal aliens from other planets...Extraterrestrials get to stay under the DACA act if their starship crashes...They get immediate federal benefits and government housing at Area51..They will design the robots that will replace all unemployable obsolete humans...The grunt work robots can't handle, will be done by border crossing illegal immigrant's as long they vote Democrat..ETs will not be allowed to vote...Any being with an IQ above 85 is not likely to be brainwashed by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NYT, Wash. Po and thus cannot be trusted to vote...They might commit an act of electoral terrorism like voting for Trump...Any snowflake can tell you how awful that is..

Chewbacca is a citizen under the Dreamers act..He was brought here by Alien Bigfoots when he was just a young child...Killing and eating a few humans is no excuse to subject him to the cruel tenets of deportation

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Reactions: NetworkX
No sane competent American citizen would support Hillary for POTUS unless they are a brainwashed left wing loon...A braindead cockerspaniel would make a better President than Hillary would have...That stupid over medicated lush would have sold rights to the American Flag to China for a donation to the Clinton Foundation
Funny I said the same thing about trump. The longer he is in office the better I feel about that opinion.

Reactions: wood90
While you may be right, I don't think factory workers and tech guys are the same demographic and will be competing for the same jobs. Also, if one guy works on 2 machines (a pretty modest estimation).... i guess you can do the math.

Reactions: wood90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT