ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Richt Fired

With the talent jawja brings in every year they expect a natty at least every 15-20 years and I don't blame them. Richt has been a perennial underachiever as their HC. Good man, so-so coach.

Yep. Don't see UGAs AD making this move without having Smart signed, sealed and delivered. And we may have been played by Smart's agent to get him the job he has always coveted.
I don't know that it's Smart, but I do agree that the AD didn't make this move without knowing exactly where he wanted to go.

Mark Mayes believes Jimbo will end up at Georgia. He says Jimbo wants out of Fla. St. for some reason. If so, that opens up Fla. State. Either way, it's another premium HC vacancy.

FWIW (which is nothing), Jimbo said yesterday he is staying at FSU. Remember, that was yesterday when the UGA job was not open.

CBS sports.com is reporting that Smart is the leading candidate for the UGA job. Others in the running are Mullen, Herman, Bobo, and Schiano.

That'll keep the East in turmoil for a little while longer...Tennessee would love to have held on to Fulmer if they knew how long it would take to get back to respectability. You'd think other programs would learn from that mistake. Averaging ten wins a season...the nerve!

Oh, we have plenty to worry about. But Elliot becoming our new head coach isn't one of them.

CBS sports.com is reporting that Smart is the leading candidate for the UGA job. Others in the running are Mullen, Herman, Bobo, and Schiano.
Sounds like the report on us a few days ago from Fox Sports. Names are about the same.

Wow...can't wait for this to be over. Hopefully we are not back to where we were prior to Holtz/Spurrier.

Richt's being fired right now may a blessing. As much as I would like to get Smart (not Maxwell Smart, Kirby Smart), I would hate to get him and lose him in 2 or 3 years because he wanted Georgia when an opening occurred. I would love to get a great young coach that will stay 20 years or more.

I'm confused as to why Richt isn't under consideration for the job now. He's only 55 and he's a class act. Also, why does everyone assume UGA is gonna take Smart? I would think they would have Herman higher on their list as well.

It's rare to see a coach stay somewhere for 20 years nowadays. I wish it weren't the case. I know Dabo gets a lot of negative attention from our rival, but I would like t ok have him until he either retires or quits being good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT