ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Gamecocks vs Alabama @ 6:30pm CLA

Well, that's game. I hope this loss stings with the players for some time. Went to 4 overtimes with an unranked team?! Do better! Thornwell had minimal help the entire game.

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
Thornwell is an animal. To bad we just don't have anybody else even close to his talent level.

Awful loss. I can't give anybody props. Even ST. He couldn't make a layup in the first half. And he could make many free throws in the second half.

And DN? He performed his traditional Cheshire Cat routine tonight. If you don't know the reference, look it up.

Welp, this is exactly what next season looks like with Big Frank. Unless of course he bolts. But then that leaves us with the problem of RT selecting his replacement. Oy.

This game reminds me of the old Oliver Purnell Clemson teams. Because of all the defensive pressure since November, they have no legs for their shots. We may have hit a wall now.

The decision to go small, exclusively, after the two bigs fouled out was interesting. Never bringing Felder in when everyone else was gassed was also interesting. Hopefully someone asks FM what he was thinking with those decisions. Otherwise, just another terrible shooting night and nothing from the bigs.

I fear this game has exposed us even more than we already were. We win ugly against teams that aren't as good as we are on D, and on O ... we are a 1 trick pony. We have Thornwell and everybody else is a role player. When they don't contribute, we are going to struggle. Had Thornwell not struggled so much in the 1st half, perhaps we might not have fallen behind so far, and could have pulled this one out. This team does not handle prosperity well.

If Notice or Dozier are at least average we are a NCAA team. When Notice and Dozier do thier 3 game disappearing act we look a lot like a NIT team.

I must admit - I believed the HYPE just as much as the team did - I tuned in expecting us to Walk the dog on Bama but guess thats what you get when you start believing what everybody says instead of playing like your are capable.

1. Atlanta CockWell-Known Member
    New

This game reminds me of the old Oliver Purnell Clemson teams. Because of all the defensive pressure since November, they have no legs for their shots. We may have hit a wall now.
    Wow! Wish I had said this weeks ago.

Even if you did say that...Asshat. Nobody pays attention to anything you say. Didn't your leghumpers lose again tonight?

The decision to go small, exclusively, after the two bigs fouled out was interesting. Never bringing Felder in when everyone else was gassed was also interesting. Hopefully someone asks FM what he was thinking with those decisions. Otherwise, just another terrible shooting night and nothing from the bigs.
^^^^ This ^^^^

1. Atlanta CockWell-Known Member
    New

Wow! Wish I had said this weeks ago.

Even if you did say that...Asshat. Nobody pays attention to anything you say. Didn't your leghumpers lose again tonight?
Obviously you pay attention to what I say and it matters very much to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT